The Official Hungarian Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by EC83 
Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well... Felipe is in coma... it maks remember me
> 1994/95 Monaco GP, Karl Wendliger (possibly i
> wrote his surname badly :)) was 2 weeks in coma
> and then recovered and back to racing...

Yeah but that accident finished his F1 career, he was never the same after that

Sauber gave him a couple of races in 95 and he just didn't have it anymore

*Edit for Spelling*

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 04:30AM by Ferrari2007.
Not too early too chuck in the idea of a 1 race Schumi return??
In the unlikely event that Massa doesn't recover in time for the next grand prix which is in 4 weeks.

there will no replacement, a replacement driver have to do practice and qualify

I missed qualli cuz I wa at work, and out later on. Just saw it now. What a session. Confusion at the very end, with indeed funny situation where Alonso goes asking for everybody's time... This however has been overshadowed by that terrible accident that Felipe Massa has suffered.

It's very ironic that his has happened to Felipe. He was the first (and only?) F1 driver to immediately react on the Henry Surtees accident, and now has suffered a similar incident. The replay of the incident was just horrific, as are the pictures of him being extracted from the wreck. It looks very clear he was indeed knocked unconscious by the impact with the debris. It was his 'luck' not being struck in the middle of the visor, and the fact that apparently his feet pushed both throttle/brake, so the frontal impact was not too brutal... The sound of the revving engine after impact was very reminiscent of the aforementioned Henry Surtees F2 incident.

I really wish he will make a full recovery, so he can get back to the most important things in his life. His pregnant wife, the beckoning fatherhood, his family, his friends... It doesn't even matter anymore if he gets back to F1... As long as he can live his life again normally, with no physical/psychological damage from this trauma. For all Ferrari fans, myself included, he will always be a highly valued member of the most legendary team in F1.

As for who's going to replace him, I don't think that really matters now. But this is how the hard business world of F1 goes... Possibilities are vast. Michael Schumacher, Luca Badoer, Marc Géné... Long shots Alexander Wurz, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Christian Klien, Mirko Bortolotti? Time will tell, but it wouldn't really matter, is it?
oh dare :(

Yeah... but its too late. And Does changing driver before the race gets penalized? i mean, for example if schumacher put their. will he be placed at the back of the grid or at last position? or he will take massa last known position during qualifying session?

SAMF1 Wrote:
> oh dare :(
> [i.dailymail.co.uk]-
> 1202114-05D6FBA6000005DC-200_468x321.jpg

wow! and I thought it was just a "knock to the chin" :-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 04:35AM by gin.
gav Wrote:
> It was the camera mounted to the rear wing of,
> ironically, Alesi's car. It fell off coming out of
> Curve Grande and destroyed Berger's front
> suspension.

I remember watching that race live and anticipating that camera falling off. Early in the race we got an onboard shot from it as Alesi went through Variante Ascari. Then as the race went on I noticed it had started to "wilt" and hang off of the rear wing rather than be attached properly, and I thought it looked pretty unhealthy.
There was a facepalm moment too when Jonathan Palmer thought Berger's suspension had been broken by riding the kerbs too hard.

> wow! and I thought it was just a "knock to the
> chin" :-/

Yeah, Eddie Jordan is going to look really good on the F1 coverage today...!

How on earth he came out with a statement like that, clearly without varified information, is beyond me.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
I had an impression Coulthard felt a bit unconffortable when Eddie started saying about letting to know about your colleagues for afterthoughts.
Eddie Jordan was disgraceful. He just made it up as he went along, and as usual DC had to put him in his place. The 'knock to the chin' is a common thought now, just thanks to Eddie. In reality, it is serious.

Massa is being woken up at 8am UK (40 min from now). I'd expect a press release from Ferrari and Massas people within an hour of that.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Massa is being woken up at 8am UK (40 min from
> now).

Why?
Because he is currently in an induced coma, and for medical reasons that only the doctors that are accessing him at the moment will know, that is when they decided it will be best to do it. He was put into the coma for surgery yesterday and kept in it during the night in the ICU.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Found a vid with some yesterday Eddie's:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 08:47AM by Rodrigo007.
How reliable was that Eddie? He really is an idiot.

2013 - Nando must come through..
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> Not too early too chuck in the idea of a 1 race
> Schumi return??
> In the unlikely event that Massa doesn't recover
> in time for the next grand prix which is in 4
> weeks.

Unlikely? I'd be stunned if Massa races again this season.
What are the chances of Alonso joining Ferrari early?

2013 - Nando must come through..
micky-cannonball Wrote:
> Yeah... but its too late. And Does changing driver
> before the race gets penalized? i mean, for
> example if schumacher put their. will he be placed
> at the back of the grid or at last position? or he
> will take massa last known position during
> qualifying session?

for the thousandth time, drivers can NOT be changed after qualifying!

"19) CHANGES OF DRIVER
19.1 a) During a season each team will be permitted to use four drivers. Changes may be made at any time before the start of the qualifying practice session provided any change proposed after 16.00 on the day of scrutineering receives the consent of the stewards."

[www.formula1.com]

X (@ed24f1)
casabonka Wrote:
> What are the chances of Alonso joining Ferrari
> early?

Btw have anyone else notised news about Ferrari consider to pull Kimi out from today's race?

[www.mtv3.fi]

Its in finnish, but they mention Daily Mail as original source..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy