The Official Hungarian Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by EC83 
"Massa already gets to respond consistently to questions asked to, he is still a little confused, not knowing where exactly he is, which is normal for the type of accident he suffered. According to Dino Altmann, doctor of the Brazilian GP of Formula 1 and Stock Car, who follows the pilot's family in Budapest, the prognosis for recovery is encouraging.

- The restoration is fantastic, a positive surprise. Soon after he left the sedation, we talked a little. He has answers for everything, coherent answers. He has no coordination alteration, move the four members at the same strength. Up to now, we can't say that he is not evolving the way we wanted - says Altmann.

Massa has not gone through an evaluation in the eye hurt in the accident. However, Dino Altmann is very optimistic.

- There was not a change, but no reason for him to not see anymore. With the eye that is open, which is not swollen, he sees everything. We expect, he will improve even more. Every day, we have a detail, a different response. It is part of the development until he returns to normal condition."
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As for the race...
>
> Well if the last two years did not prove it
> Hungary certainly did, Lewis is the best. Along
> with Alonso ofc but what a race from Lewis!
> Fantastic! That just cements his posistion
> alongside Alonso as the quickest/best driver in
> F1. But... As Hill showed in 97. and Alonso in 03,
> its all about the tyres. I dont reckon RedBull
> were as good as they could have been. But thats
> racing.
>
Mmm... certainly, it proved to me that Lewis is great driving great cars. He didn't seem to be very good when his car was not that good. I still rate Alonso much higher as he always seems to be miles ahead of what his car car really deliver. Lewis was just nowhere when his car was not that good. In fact, Heikki was not that far many times and has beaten him a few times this year.
I've just thought - Sato for Ferrari?? I don't think they'd ever want Villeneuve... and how about Wurz?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Wurz is still official tester for Brawn I believe. I doubt Brawn would let him go.
I do think that the Ferrari secondary cars are numbered 26 and 27 (24 and 25 supposedly for Macca as they are first numbers).

Not sure, but I've an impression they'd be obliged to use the lowest number (26) , however if not, in case they get to use the 27 and wish some marketing attraction, prolly Jacques or B. Senna.

But most likely It's Bourdais, he has driven the engines and was racing these cars till couple of weeks ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 07:34PM by Rodrigo007.
Huh? They will simply use the number 3 car. I've never seen that when a tester jumped in, he had some silly number.
Come one just give Gene and Badoer a chance

Badoer has waited for this day since 96 and was passed up before

Gene did a good job when he filled in for Ralf, better than Pizzonia anyway

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Further news on Felipe, from Reuters this time, 15 minutes ago:

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Injured Formula One driver Felipe Massa has been brought out of an artificial coma, was taken off a respirator and has been able to communicate with his doctors and family representatives, his doctors said on Monday.

"His condition has improved significantly over the past 24 hours and he remains stable," Lajos Zsiros, the chief surgeon of Hungary's defence forces told a news conference. "We have ended sedation and took him off the respirator.

"He's sleepy but has been able to reply to questions and has been able to move his limbs adequately."

[uk.reuters.com]

just seen in television. They found a problem with nerves responsible for movement of his left eye. He won't lose sight but probably he will be no longer able to run (hope not)

Gigi4 Wrote:
> just seen in television. They found a problem with
> nerves responsible for movement of his left eye.
> He won't lose sight but probably he will be no
> longer able to run (hope not)

One in a million accident...how bad :-( . I really hope hime to drive in 2010...
now a denial about his eye problems.

[www.autosport.com]

hopefully that is accurate and he makes a full recovery, it would be terrible if he had to end his career prematurely.

X (@ed24f1)
it's not a denial as such, but rather stating the obvious that it's too early to tell whether there's any damage to the eye

chet Wrote:
> Brawn and Button were sh*t. No other words. I saw
> 3/4 laps from Button which were good, the rest
> were complete wank and he complained too much.

Refreshingly honest of you. I'd feared you were turning into the stereotypical fanboy where neither could do no wrong, or you couldn't bring yourself to say it. :)
haha! I was once but ive grown up :p. I still love with all my heart and nothing will change that but it wasnt good to hear him complaining with nothing constructive to say. You just wouldnt hear Alonso doing such a thing ;-)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
well, there's only that much that can be done without the massive backing of the Honda Motor Company

:D

I've got nothing against supporting people or having favourites, but I can't stand fanboys.
This is a twitter created some hours ago to support Felipe's recover, the messages will be shown to him at a later date:

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 09:22PM by Rodrigo007.
tripleM Wrote:
> well, there's only that much that can be done
> without the massive backing of the Honda Motor
> Company

Indeed. It was worrying when he asked about the tubs and he said they cant make any more. I understand that they are the most complicated and most expensive elements of any racecar but still.

As long as neither driver crashes, and both are well known for the ability to stay on track they will be okay, otherwise what will happen?

I think the 2weeks Brawn are back working will be a very frantic few weeks! One suggestion floating about the net is do a direct track comparison with a car when it handled well and the current version. They are reported to have sufficient aero grip but maybe the problem is with updated mechanical bits. I have no doubt the problems whatever it is will be found. It is a wonder how on Friday Brawn were once again amazingly gentle with the tyres and quick with alot of fuel like any normal pre-Silverstone Friday but all that changed come Saturday and Sunday with the only major variable being weather.

Its difficult to blame just the weather and I dont think you can, but it must play some role.

Btw, on upcoming races, Valencia, Spa and Monza, Jenson says a KERS-fest few.

With only 6 seconds of extra power is that enough at those tracks? Take Hungary for example, there was really one decent place but at Monza theres a few so is the effect negated or would short bursts on exit make all the difference?? At Spa I can see right now a Mclaren and Ferrari getting in the toe of a RedBull/Brawn or whoever leads and nailing them down into Les Combes if not before Eau Rouge!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Spa is going to be a feast of overtaking I predict, especially after the first turn :) downhill acceleration from a slow hairpin + KERS = goodbye McLarens.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
who knows, this season is hard to predict

heck, maybe it will rain

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy