The Official Hungarian Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by EC83 

Technical View

Aerial View

So, who'll win in 2009? Will Brawn use a return to warmer weather and this more technical circuit to help them return to the top, or will the recent Red Bull steamroller just prove to be unstoppable? Or will someone else pull off a surprise win?

Let's find out.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 07:28AM by mortal.
Timo Glock will win.

If I had time and money, I'd personally come over to each one of you to point at you and laugh if he wins ;)
@ Nick: Timo Glock? hahahahhahah ;)

talking seriously, he has a good chance, but he has to do a very good qualify. And the KERS cars have an advantage in the beginning, the main straight is very long, if Ferrari gets a little more close to the top, they and their KERS could win... dunno about Macca

YES YES YES! AND JENSON BUTTON WINS THE HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX!!!

basically :P
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Timo Glock will win.

have you forgotten how bad Toyota were at Monaco? They seem to have made very few major developments either, so i can't see them doing very well this weekend.
I think McLaren and Ferrari will be best of the rest here, again based on Monaco, and off the start with KERS, one of them could end up in the lead at Turn 1.

But for the win, i think Brawn has a lot of pressure to win this weekend. Everything seems to be in their favour - a track layout which suits their car excellently as well as hot weather scheduled. So if Red Bull can strongly challenge for the win here, or even win, it would be a very good sign for Red Bull in their championship hunt. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Red Bull was filled very light to get pole and get the lead from the start - as we saw in Germany, being in the lead is a particular advantage for the Red Bull because of their problems behind other cars, and subsequent tendency to get stuck behind other cars for long periods.

X (@ed24f1)
Ferrari should be best of the rest and of the KERS teams, their car is so much better on twisty circuits than the Macca, even with its new updates. Massa will be looking to use KERS to get a repeat of his start from last year; it would make for an interesting tactical race if a Ferrari did get in front at the start and hold the other frontrunners up.

i dont care who wins as long as button finishes ahead of the red bulls

Crap quality but it had to be done ;)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Looks Like Ferrari have an upgrade to the car.. New Nosecone n frontwing and updated mirrors.

elpasho2005f1 Wrote:
> Looks Like Ferrari have an upgrade to the car..
> New Nosecone n frontwing and updated mirrors.
>
>
> [img39.imageshack.us]
> .jpg

Looks like its a copy-cat nosecone from redbull, they should make it fat aswell;) much bettah!!

Huh? How come there's a picture of the updated Ferrari on track, with the testing ban??

And I forgot how much I like the Hungaroring layout. It might not be good for racing as such, but I enjoy just watching cars go round this place!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Ferrari probably tested it at Mugello or Fiorano and got away with it using special clauses in the regulations
Webber ftw. First victory to open the floodgates.

@ Nick, if you came to laugh at me if Tim O' won, I'd probably grab you and do a little jig with you in celebration! ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 01:55PM by The Lopper.
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
> sutil ftw.

Wont reach even points as long as Kimi is racing.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Ferrari tested that nose at the last race in FP. Kravitz said they were testing elements for the '10 car on his BBC Blog.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Something for Red Bull fans:
[f1.gpupdate.net]
the ferrari update looks much nicer from that view, but it would be nice to have another view.

X (@ed24f1)
IWE Wrote:
> iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > sutil ftw.
>
>
> Wont reach even points as long as Kimi is racing..
> ;)

Whilst Kimi sleeps
And Hamiltom sways
Red Bull will Button down
And get Hungary!
[premium.f1-live.com]

New endplates for FI. Got to say looks amazing. Compare that with BMW's new endplates,

[premium.f1-live.com]

Got to say, BMW Sauber always to me look like they take a very simple approach to things, a rather boring approach... I look at the FI endplate and I see creativity and functionality, I see no creativity whatsoever on the BMW, or either of the BMW's or most of the past Saubers. To me there seems to be rather a lack of ideas at BMW, a lack of a engineering creativity. The FI looks exciting and well the BMW is just a complete bore to look at but at the same it looks quite functional. The plate at the top of the endplate for example, because of the aerodynamics of a rotating wheel will produce some downforce. Everything seems to have a job, and does that job relatiley well but there just doesnt look like theres any creativity going into any single part of the car and looks like they have found a solution to a problem but done no refinement to get that little bit extra. But hey, what are looks?!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy