Monza Tickets

Posted by Fincent 
Monza Tickets
Date: July 30, 2009 05:42PM
Posted by: Fincent
Heya there

Just a quick one. Does anybody know if there are single day tickets available for Monza this year? I've had a quick look around but cant see any anywhere! I went to Silverstone for the Friday this year but I'd love to be able to go to Monza for the race (preferably the first chicane) and see Schuey! Only for the Sunday though because it'd be too expensive to get a hotel and seats for the entire weekend :)

Thanks!

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: Monza Tickets
Date: July 30, 2009 05:49PM
Posted by: msater
[www.monzanet.it] Looked here? I should think you have, but I'm trying. ;)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 30, 2009 06:06PM
Posted by: The Lopper
And so it begins... ;)
Date: July 30, 2009 07:00PM
Posted by: chet
LOL!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 30, 2009 07:11PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Friday's are free if you get the weekend thing. Saturday is 55 or so, Sunday is ~250 Euro
Date: July 30, 2009 07:12PM
And going to your right once you leave the track and follow the road right next to the park entrance you'll eventually get to a nice little side of the town with some peaceful and nice restaurants that are reasonably cheap.
Date: July 30, 2009 08:32PM
msater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.monzanet.it]
> anifestazione=803 Looked here? I should think you
> have, but I'm trying. ;)

I have tried this link, but they only seem to offer 3 day tickets and not what I'm after :( . Another reason for Monza is that my girlfriend wants to go to italy (and she also likes F1 as well) so it'd sort of kill two birds with one stone, so to speak haha. She was meant to come with me to Silverstone but had exams and couldn't so she was absolutely gutted!

Also Gui, what's Monza like for airports and public transport and stuff?

EDIT: The perfect seats would be granstand 8b, "Tribuna Esterna Prima Variante B"

Circuit Thermalito

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2009 08:34PM by Fincent.
Date: July 30, 2009 08:52PM
Posted by: Gigi4
well, seems that starting from August 1st you can buy single day tickets but only if there are avaiable seats

Date: July 30, 2009 09:22PM
Finnamus Fin Fin, you arrive at Malpensa airport and there you drive to Milano and then Monza. Be prepared to be lost often and pay a ton of tolls, the signs are horrible and you turn the way you believe is proper only to find out you're actually 180 degrees opposite way ;).

On raceday traffic is hectic in Monza, I had my dad's cell phone with me so I followed the GPS map and kept on taking little side roads to go around the entire area that had the traffic changed - basically 2 streets going only one way, and that way is AWAY from the track ;). Have a town map handy so you can go driving on streets parallel to where roads are blocked and eventually you'll get to a quiet place that has a small car lot about 2 minutes walking from park entrance! :D Dad and I parked by some houses very near that lot (even closer to the Monza park entrance) and had no issues at all. You do walk a TON inside though and if you're going for the tickets you're talking about, you'll take a left inside the park.

ALSO! You can freely roam around the track. Underneath the grandstand to the right before the 1st chicane there should be a gap where you can get to the oval and the main track. As soon as the race ends and cars are heading to parc fermé, follow the crowd and get in the track then sprint to podium! I could have been there on the 1st row of people but I had to wait for my dad so we missed it.

Look at my facebook and you'll see pics of our seats :P.
Date: July 31, 2009 10:34PM
Dont really want to start a new thread so going to borrow this one if thats alright...

Renault been conducting straight-line tests for waht looks like their Monza package. Includes new front and rear wings and a near diffuser. Is it me or have they gone down the same route as what RedBull originally did and what Williams have done now and not use the full allowed width for the diffuser?

I think its been since the introduction of the double diffuser. Where they have the footplace the other teams are using that space to fit more diffuser in as in that 125mm area the diffuser can still be upto 150mm high. Well i think!!!!

[menacef1.dnsalias.com]

[menacef1.dnsalias.com]

Date: August 01, 2009 12:24AM
Posted by: Monza972
Fincent Wrote:
> my girlfriend
> wants to go to italy (and she also likes F1 as
> well)

You lucky sod ;)
Date: August 01, 2009 01:29AM
Haha I know ^^ I can't ask for more can I? She demanded I brought her home a t-shirt from silverstone which she now wears every time she watches the F1 with me! So yeah I thought'd it'd be nice to take her to Monza :) dont know when the next time I'll be able to afford it will be!

Circuit Thermalito

Date: August 02, 2009 12:19AM
Posted by: mortal
Fincent Wrote:
> Haha I know ^^ I can't ask for more can I? She
> demanded I brought her home a t-shirt from
> silverstone which she now wears every time she
> watches the F1 with me! So yeah I thought'd it'd
> be nice to take her to Monza :) dont know when the
> next time I'll be able to afford it will be!

You know the rules....pics or it never happened...otherwise we break out the BS Flag. ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 02, 2009 01:03AM
Well she'll hate me for posting this, lol (somehow she will know), but this is her...
[photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net]

And this is me and her :)
[photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net]

And this is me videoing my mate at Silverstone with the Brawn GP bag plainly in view ;)
[www.facebook.com]

Circuit Thermalito

Date: August 02, 2009 01:11AM
A Jenson t-shirt?

Shes got good taste :p!

Date: August 02, 2009 01:28AM
Posted by: The Lopper
Yeah, but YOU don't; those ripped jeans are too fake, man! ;) Respect on finding a lady-friend who likes the ould F1 though. I remember once talking to this girl while we were sheltering from a thunderstorm and we were watching lightning off in the distance, somehow I got talking about F1 (as you do in such situations...:S) and remarked that during the Brazilian GP in 1996, that Damon Hill had seen lightning hit the track in front of him (that could very well be completely false; Gav can probably confirm it, I do remember reading it before though).

Having told her that Damon Hill went on to win the race, she then dismissed his victory as "the lightning strike probably gave him an unfair power boost"

:|

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 01:29AM by The Lopper.
Date: August 02, 2009 01:41AM
Haha those jeans are about four years old! The rips are completely natural I assure you :) . Funny you mention Damon Hill though, cos he's her favourite driver lol. As you can imagine, she wasn't best pleased about the news of Schumacher's return as she's never forgiven him for 94 haha ;) ....

Back on topic anyways, one day tickets are now on sale! I just checked and its a complete shock D: You can either go for the entire weekend for €290, and to go for just the sunday is €280! €10 difference between staying for one or staying for three days. The only thing is that i cant afford a hotel and transport in italy for three days, only one at most probably when I include flight costs! Also the fact I have university from Monday to Friday everyweek doesnt make things much easier.

Hmmn, i thought Sunday tickets would be a lot cheaper than that. What do you guys think?

Circuit Thermalito

Date: August 02, 2009 02:07AM
Just had a quick google around and this is what I can come up with for how much it would cost each (bearing in mind that with the hotel and the car, its a one off charge, just split between the two of us):

- Flights £250
- Hire Car £40
- Hotel £30
- Tickets £250

All in all we're looking at around £650 each, all included with petrol, food, jenson button memorabilia etc.

Circuit Thermalito

Date: August 03, 2009 05:55PM
Posted by: skinnyman
jenson button memorabilia

;)
Date: August 03, 2009 06:35PM
Posted by: Monza972
skinnyman Wrote:
> jenson button memorabilia
>
> ;)

shhh! don't mention that to chet ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy