The Official Hungarian Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by EC83 
Great drive by Lewis, deserved win if he gets it.
Another unusual result from this circuit coming up!

A great race, great drives by Lewis and Kimi :)

Hamilton 1
Raikkonen 2

I haven't thought such a result was possible this year. The progress McLaren has achieved is amazing. But we have to see if they will be fast in quicker tracks.
Congratulations McLaren.
Not a bad race. Well done to Lewis!

3 bad races in a row for Brawn, surley thats enough now to say they are letting thier championship slip!!!

RedBull were a supprise, they did not have the pace to win or even get that second imo. Great drives for Kimi and Lewis and Nico.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Quite a good race, excellent drives from hamilton and kimi, though hopefully ferrari can get a win this year too!

Shame about vettel and alonsos issues, I would have liked to seen what Alonso could have acheived with a 3 stopper.

SpaceAce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SHUTUP BBC
> Go have your Hamilton babies elsewhere

Someone's pissed at Hamilton winning hahahaha ;)

Best driver and car of the day tbh.
Shouldn't Webber's pit exit investigated? He drove onto Kimi's way and there could have been a crash. We have criticized Massa for similar instances. And waht do you think about investigation of Kimi's start?
I'd say whatever the outcome of the investigation ppl will say it favoured Ferrari, if punition is applied it'll be because had it be in the race he would end out of the points, if punition isn't applied ppl will say how could that be.

Either way ppl will compare to Webber's case in last race and complain why now it was postponned for after the gp.
a weird race! Panic stations for Brawn now, on a track - and with weather - where they should have been supreme, they were woeful.

Red Bull were also disappointing though, Webber should really have been 2nd without the bad pitstop. He may yet get it with Kimi under investigation, but i doubt Kimi will be penalised. Great to see him ahead of Vettel though, not many would have predicted this before the season.

X (@ed24f1)
Red Bull did there best to ruin both Vettel and Webbers races. Having Vettel on hards on the dirty side was never going to end well. Then a botched stopped for Webber and releasing him into traffic - something people have been given penalties for before. Webber should count himself lucky that Red Bull didn't cost him more positions.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I still find it strange that there is such a high number of incidents of "investigated after the race" that involve Ferarri. Massa driving off with the refuelling hose;, Kimi with 2 start line incidents this year...That's 3 off the top my head.Mmmmmm....
mika19b Wrote:
> SpaceAce Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SHUTUP BBC
> > Go have your Hamilton babies elsewhere
>
> Someone's pissed at Hamilton winning hahahaha ;)
>
> Best driver and car of the day tbh.

haha don't get me wrong it was a great race by hamilton... but over the top commentary by both BBC and our local OneHD is FAIL

GPGSL WDC Season 4
It wasnt a big issue for it to be investigated during the race. off the start line he was moving out of webbers slipstream else he may have hit him, hamilton had enough room to go to one side. They didnt touch.

As was said regarding Webber's incident at the Nurburgring, they didn't need to touch. What if Hamilton was watching the RB on his inside? If he was or is to be given a penalty, you could justify it with realative ease.

It was right for Webber to not be given a penalty in my opinion. Like Massa in Europe, he didn't pull into the path of the other car, he pulled alongside him. They did well to inform him, or for him to see Kimi with those dodgy mirrors.

Hamilton, Kimi and Glock all had exceptional races. I can't pick a thing between them.

//edit: Oh, and Alguersuari too. Very impressive start. I like his style under braking - has a certain finesse. He likes to back it into the corner almost like a motorbike. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 05:42PM by gav.
Also, Glock's overtaking move to get by Webber was pretty good, considering he slid half way through the corner before!

X (@ed24f1)
Anybody and everybody complaining about the commentary, I urge you to listen to the 5 Live commentary on the red button. It's SO MUCH better. I've been using it almost exclusively for most of the season now.

That was a pretty entertaining race. I was amazed at how many dangerous incidents have happened over the last week, though, it is almost like another message is being sent. First we have Surtees's death, then Massa's injury, then Alonso's wheel, then Webber and Raikkonen in the pits, and then Vettel's suspension broke like Barrichello's (correct me if I'm wrong on this one).

I was happy to see Hamilton win, it's amazing how not having ITV doing the programme can make a difference with who you want to support. Alguesuari was impressive on his debut, too, finished ahead of Buemi I see. He does have a certain finesse about him, like Gav said. I wonder when he'll make his first mistake? :P

Brawn really are in at the deep end, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get any more wins this year, maybe no more podiums if they're really unlucky. I'm starting to think that Webber might be the favourite for the title now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
flat tyre Wrote:
> Anybody and everybody complaining about the
> commentary, I urge you to listen to the 5 Live
> commentary on the red button. It's SO MUCH better.
> I've been using it almost exclusively for most of
> the season now.
>
> That was a pretty entertaining race. I was amazed
> at how many dangerous incidents have happened over
> the last week, though, it is almost like another
> message is being sent. First we have Surtees's
> death, then Massa's injury, then Alonso's wheel,
> then Webber and Raikkonen in the pits, and then
> Vettel's suspension broke like Barrichello's
> (correct me if I'm wrong on this one).
>
> I was happy to see Hamilton win, it's amazing how
> not having ITV doing the programme can make a
> difference with who you want to support.
> Alguesuari was impressive on his debut, too,
> finished ahead of Buemi I see. He does have a
> certain finesse about him, like Gav said. I wonder
> when he'll make his first mistake? :P
>
> Brawn really are in at the deep end, I wouldn't be
> surprised if they don't get any more wins this
> year, maybe no more podiums if they're really
> unlucky. I'm starting to think that Webber might
> be the favourite for the title now.

Since Murray's gone from TV commentary, I can't bear to loose Martin too!

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Renault suspended from European GP

Renault has been suspended from the European Grand Prix for the events that led to a wheel coming off Fernando Alonso's car in Hungary today.

Following a post-race discussion with the stewards, it was deemed that the team had breached the regulations enough for it to be suspended from the next event.

It means Alonso will miss his home event that takes place in Valencia next month, unless he moves to another team.

from autosport.com

Alonso to Ferrari for Valencia?
Would Love to see Alonso alongside Kimi at Valencia but that's highly unlikely...Ferrari doesn't want to give their car secrets to Renault.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy