The Official Hungarian Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by EC83 
Yes, worrying indeed. This is what my point was when i asked that the picture be hidden behind a link - we had no idea what his injuries were at the time.

The hospital is holding a press conference this evening, so hopefully we'll have more info then. For those of you with Twitter, Rubens has been regularly updating and generally being more useful than the BBC.

Can anyone post what those in the know on Twitter have been updating? Tried Twitter once, thought it was awful, just now I'm beginning to see the value of it though...

The vagueness of the reports since his injury are what worry me. Ususally by now we know exactly what's wrong, when the driver expects to be back, etc.
Ususally by now we know exactly what's wrong, when the driver expects to be back, etc

In the case of injuries like this we won't know details for awhile. Similar to da Matta, he'll be in and out of forced comas as the doctors see fit, and will have to go through various more tests and scans to find any possibly brain damage.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Let's hope the eye damage isn't too bad and that he will return to F1 at some point :)
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anyone post what those in the know on Twitter
> have been updating? Tried Twitter once, thought it
> was awful, just now I'm beginning to see the value
> of it though...
>
> The vagueness of the reports since his injury are
> what worry me. Ususally by now we know exactly
> what's wrong, when the driver expects to be back,
> etc.

His feed is public, so you should be able to read it without actually having an account - i think!

[twitter.com]

gav Wrote:
> Marc Gene will be in the car in Valencia and
> presumably Badoer in Monza. They'll probably get 3
> races each. Feck knows what they'll do for that
> 7th race though. Don't mention that Schu... thing
> though. It's not going to happen.

its surely a massive risk though to use Badoer and Gene. While they know the cars well, the lack of F1 race experience (10 years for Badoer), and the very close field will make it very hard for them. Having said that, I would love to see Badoer get his first point though after all these years.

There aren't many alternatives though. Maybe Liuzzi or Pantano if they want an Italian, or even Villeneuve or Coulthard if they want lots of experience. I don't think Schumacher can gain anything from coming back - he retired almost winning a championship and with an excellent last drive, so that would be unlikely i think.

If Rossi wraps up the MotoGP season early, i could see him doing a round at Abu Dhabi as well.

X (@ed24f1)
Cheers for that man. :)
A massive risk? Common sense if you ask me. Putting in a complete stranger to the team like Villeneuve or Liuzzi is a massive risk. If the testers get to race, they'll give everything they can because that's the opportunity to advertise yourself so they might get a race seat next year. Just looks at De la Rosa and Wurz.
Just a thought - What about Sato or Davidson? Are they driving in other series at the moment? I don't think either of them would be that bad choice, if for some reason Ferrari doesn't want to use their test drivers.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 05:00PM by villej.
Gene is 35, Badoer is 38. Seeing how they have been out of competetive racing for so long I think it would be a bit silly to race them now.

Alonso is my favourite to take the seat. But I can see Ferrari taking the route they did with Mika Salo back in '99. Take a driver who has only been out of F1 for a short period.

SchueyFan Wrote:
> If Rossi wraps up the MotoGP season early, i could
> see him doing a round at Abu Dhabi as well.

Oooh, that's actually slightly plausible. It even falls between the final 2 rounds of the MotoGP season too.

Very unlikely, with probably indefinite sponsorship conflicts, but it's not like Rossi's reputation would be trashed if he finished last. Go on the Doctor. Even if it's just to show these F1 mutes what charisma is. :D
At least, no matter who replaces Massa, Ferrari have some time to get them up to speed before Valencia, once they've made their decision.
Looks like Ferrari might be giving their summer break a miss now anyway.

How can they get them up to speed when there is a testing ban in place? They can't do much at the factory either since they will be closed for two weeks. That's an obligation, not a right.
Simulations, perhaps? Can't really argue with that point, I have to say.

What about Boardais, toro rosso used ferrari engines right? So there was a link.
Also he has the most experience out of anyone else available now that testing has been banned in season

I hope Massa can return sometime in the future but does that means theres a chance of Kimi V Alonso at ferrari next year! :O

That would be one hell of a lucky turn of events for Bourdais. Incredible if Ferrari 'suited' him also.

Jesus, I almost hope it happens.
According to ITV.com, Massa is no longer critical but he does have a serious eye injury:

Massa ‘not critical’ but has eye injury

Monday, 27 July 2009 16:47

Doctors have said that the threat to Felipe Massa’s life has passed, barring any complications – but revealed that the Brazilian has suffered an eye injury which may end his career.

[www.itv-f1.com]

Its excellent news that he is no longer critical, but i hope that his eye injury does not stop him from racing again.

X (@ed24f1)
Career ending?? At least he's okay but still thats heart breaking :(. I hope its wrong and he'll be ok and be able to race again but thats terrible news if true.

As for the race...

Well if the last two years did not prove it Hungary certainly did, Lewis is the best. Along with Alonso ofc but what a race from Lewis! Fantastic! That just cements his posistion alongside Alonso as the quickest/best driver in F1. But... As Hill showed in 97. and Alonso in 03, its all about the tyres. I dont reckon RedBull were as good as they could have been. But thats racing.

Brawn and Button were sh*t. No other words. I saw 3/4 laps from Button which were good, the rest were complete wank and he complained too much. Oh the other good thing, good move on Kazuki lol. The car was clearly quicker on the primes! The tyres they thought were slower... At the pitstop when JB was asked option or primes he made a big mistake. He said something like, "options because were not good on primse" but you were awful(!!!) on options! Might aswell gamble on try prime imo!

Rubens had good clear-air pace for a heavy car, shame he missed out on points.

I said this last week about Hungary but Valencia SHOULD be alot better. Its stop-start almost all the way!! Brawn has good traction and braking so should be okay...

Glock was awesome!! He really is terribly inconsistant though imo. Toyota have been also but so has he.

Happy for Kimi! Good to see some fight in him left and yay for Rosberg :D:D!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
I saw 3/4 laps from Button which were good, the rest were complete wank and he complained too much.

Brilliant description. :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy