The Official Hungarian Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by EC83 
i still doubt he will race again for a while at least. i don't have much medical knowledge, but i suppose the risk of another impact could be quite dangerous.

Maybe he could return at Interlagos, he would get a tremendous reception there!

X (@ed24f1)
Felipe can see well with both eyes it was reported, they expected for him to only be able to see with left side in a week when the injury there would be healed more but he is having some fantastic comeback.
This is fantastic news. Now we'll have to see how his recovery goes over the next few weeks. Looks at the moment like he's got a great chance of being fully fit for the start of 2010, should he want to return.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2009 08:13PM by EC83.
The latest news is reporting that Felipe has no permanent eye damage, is answering questions in 3 different languages and could even be discharged in as little as 10 days:

Massa may be discharged soon and doctors say his left eye is fine too

July 29, 2009 Edition 2

BUDAPEST: Injured Formula One driver Felipe Massa could walk out of a hospital here within 10 days and his eye appears to have suffered no damage in Saturday's accident, his doctors said yesterday.

[www.thestar.co.za]

EC 83: you from South Africa as well???
[f1.gpupdate.net]

He's up, he's walking, he's talking and making use of that left eye. Massa's on the road to recovery. Great news after a worrisome few days!
thats called sheer force of will

"[he] is understood to have been rather surprised at discovering the outcome of the 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix, as Gazetta dello Sport explained his reaction when being told the final results by wife Raphaela: "I don't believe it! It was my race!""

lol, that's fantastic! ;)

although having said that, i think he could have contended for the podium, and maybe even the win, because he seems to have the match for Kimi this year, and if he had qualified higher than Kimi - or even just got a better start (as we know he can do at Hungary), he would have been close to Lewis during the race i think.

X (@ed24f1)
Fantastic news! I was so worried over the last few days but it seems his chances of now not only living but actually racing again seem to hugely increase with every day. I wonder if he'll pull a Hakkinen - come back from near-death to dominate the sport? Either way I'm just happy he's recovering so quickly and doesn't *appear* to be permanently injured :)
This is excellent news =D

GPGSL WDC Season 4
According to some reports, Schumachers official web pages report that he will replace Massa in Valencia... Can't check it myself because his pages are down ATM...

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 06:54PM by villej.
Au Revoir, Piquet

[www.autosport.com]

he certainly knows how to talk about his boss in public!

"[Briatore] doesn't understand @#$%& about F1".

Looking forward to see Grosjean have a go, whether it is at Valencia or Spa.

X (@ed24f1)
villej Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to some reports, Schumachers official
> web pages report that he will replace Massa in
> Valencia... Can't check it myself because his
> pages are down ATM...

Apparentely, it checks out. Just been to his website and it is confirmed there...Raikkonen vs Schumacher will be good :D

Also, that fight between Piquet and Briatore is kinda old...surprised it only surfaced on international press today. Rumours are though that it won't be Grosjean to replace him.
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rumours are though that
> it won't be Grosjean to replace him.

that would be a surprise, having a few races would surely help him develop, and prove his case for a 2010 race seat.

Have any other names been mentioned?

X (@ed24f1)
I think its between Grosjean, Di Grassi and Bourdais

Ooh, Bourdais in Renault. This'll be interesting, if it happens ;)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Bourdais does not deserve a chance above the other two. Out of di Grassi and Grosjean, Romain's nationality might help him over the line i suppose - but they could even share the drive and have a few races each i suppose.

Having an experienced driver in the car won't help them at all, whereas testing young drivers might help them find a great driver for next year and the future.

X (@ed24f1)
Bourdais must be in dreamland. He's being linked with every seat going... all better than one he was fired from. :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy