Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: August 16, 2006 11:46PM
Posted by: mikef1
This is getting pretty ot now but yes i also believe Roland died on the track, on the video i have you could see the doctors performing heart massage after he was extricated from the car and their expressions looked to me like they knew he was already dead. On the stretcher he looked like Mika did when he was taken out of his car after the Adelaide '95 practice crash except worse, very disturbing.
Date: August 16, 2006 11:49PM
I don't think Senna would have stopped racing if he had won his fourth in '94, i'm sure he would have wanted to win five, drive for Ferrari and then quit.
Date: August 16, 2006 11:50PM
Posted by: Senna
Muks_C Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> @ Senna, Senna (the real one ;0) said that he respected Fangio so much
> that he would never equal him, so he probably wouldn't have become a
> 10-time champ, he would have maybe retired as a 4-time champ.(massive
> speculation though, obviously, we don't know what would have hapened
> if he had lived).
>
>
>
>
> ATTENTION: the sigpic limit is 20KB, please adhere to it!
>
>

Yup, I've read the same sort of thing anywhere but I doubt that he said it for real. I mean, I know that he said it and that he had respect by Fangio (as I could see at Interlagos 93' podium celebrations), but it wasnt completely true (the part regarding the titles). You know, the media press tend to increase the story by some words....

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 17, 2006 12:04AM
Posted by: tripleM
"Prost?!"

Yes, Prost.

According to Berger.

Date: August 17, 2006 12:09AM
Besides Todt was in charge and i believe he was/still is on good terms with Prost, and not Fiorio.

Date: August 17, 2006 11:54PM
Posted by: marcl
all depended on senna motivation really without prost to beat he seemed to lose some going into 1994. The spin in brazil was very very out of charactor and he let the pace car get to him and the 2nd gp. He wanted to lead the field round on the warm up lap but for some reason they used a pace car.

But his comments after that race were very interesting "there are 2 different benettons out there"
Date: August 18, 2006 11:56AM
The spin in Brasil was because the car had poor handling, though he did lap Hill during the race showing that he was still at the top of his game. I don't buy the Prost gone no motivation theory, he had Schumacher to keep an eye on and that would have kept him on his toes for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 11:56AM by mikef1.
Date: August 18, 2006 02:41PM
yes i know what u mean it was just an observation. And tbh up till 1994 i dont think ms really motivated senna a great deal. Yes ms came into f1 with a bang but in 1993 he spent most of the year spinning and hitting walls. Anyone who thinks different watch the 1993 review.

Also senna and ms had had a number of fullings out brazil 1992, france 1992, a german test session, south africa 1993 plus others.

tbh i dont think senna thought ms was any where near the level that his other rivals had been at.
Date: August 18, 2006 04:23PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Whilst I'm surprised one of my track threads has lasted this long on the main page, this is rather off-topic, and if possible, could you take it to another thread please?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: August 18, 2006 04:26PM
What's the point? We've got nothing more to say about the Hungarian GP so we're rambling on again as usual.
Date: August 18, 2006 04:29PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Point being, it's off-topic. Yes, the Hungarian GP is now history, but still..........

;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: August 18, 2006 05:11PM
"tbh i dont think senna thought ms was any where near the level that his other rivals had been at."

No true, mildly speaking.

From an interviw with Jo Ramirez:

What did Senna think of Michael? Did he ever tell you?

"Oh, Senna knew that Michael was a big threat for him."

He said so?

"Absolutely. He was talking about him in 1992 already. He knew back then that Schumacher will be his biggest threat. By 1994, Ayrton was getting a little desperate. We talked after the Brazilian GP (of 1994) and you could feel his desperation, you could feel he was going to Imola with a mind to do everything he could to get a win. He knew he had to get a win."

There was a feeling that Senna didn't respect Schumacher, though.

"That's not true at all. He respected him, for sure. Don't pay attention to the mind games he played - that was part of the battle. He knew Schumacher was quick, he knew this is the guy he is going to fight with, so he used mind games of course. But in private he talked about Schumacher as a real challenge."

Date: August 18, 2006 05:17PM
cheers for that never read that.
Date: August 18, 2006 05:44PM
Posted by: Slash
>
> "Absolutely. He was talking about him in 1992 already. He knew back
> then that Schumacher will be his biggest threat. By 1994, Ayrton was
> getting a little desperate. We talked after the Brazilian GP (of 1994)
> and you could feel his desperation, you could feel he was going to
> Imola with a mind to do everything he could to get a win. He knew he
> had to get a win."
>
> There was a feeling that Senna didn't respect Schumacher, though.
>
> "That's not true at all. He respected him, for sure. Don't pay
> attention to the mind games he played - that was part of the battle.
> He knew Schumacher was quick, he knew this is the guy he is going to
> fight with, so he used mind games of course. But in private he talked
> about Schumacher as a real challenge."
>
>
>
> Bonzo!

YEP!, even prost said once that this young kid was better than both of them, i remeber still, he was quicker and more consistant, he said that himself, so i do believe senna never underated (if the word exists) him
Date: August 18, 2006 06:37PM
Yeah i mean you couldn't ignore Schumacher's ascendancy in the early '90s, his drive in Barcelona '91 was a kind of "here i am, take notice" moment, so Senna would have known him to be a potential threat for the '94 season.
However if you look at the '93 season as a whole in evenly matched cars Senna did a better job than Schumacher, but Schumacher was really motivated to rise to the top and was driving harder and better than Prost was that season imo.
Date: August 18, 2006 07:19PM
Posted by: Senna
Dont forget that Benetton received "A" specs ford engines, while McLaren received the "B" specs... what means that Benetton always received the updates first, and that info is endorsed by Ron Dennis.

So with an underpowered car Senna managed to challenge both Williams Renault (the car of another world) and Schumacher. Schumacher couldnt join the battle between Senna-Prost-Hill though. He was just around them.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy