JV Does A Hatchet Job On Schumi...

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
JV Does A Hatchet Job On Schumi...
Date: August 18, 2006 11:28PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
I always liked the fact that JV spoke his mind, but this stuff seems like nothing other than sour grapes to me.

[www.f1racing.net]

Villeneuve: Schumacher is a Liar

Jacques Villeneuve believes Schumacher has been lying to his fans and fellow drivers. The 1997 F1 World Champion said in an interview to be published next week in F1 Racing magazine that Schumacher will be easily forgotten, as he hasn't got a true personality.

I think the problem is that you don't ever see his true personality," he said. "He's a racer - but a pure racer, nothing but a racer and, because of that, I think the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget him. Senna, by contrast, will never be forgotten. Some of that is the James Dean factor, of course, because he was killed in action at a young age, but not all of it. I don't even think Michael will live on in people's memories as strong or as long as Prost has - certainly not as strong or as long as Mansell has. Those people attained a hero status that Michael never has and never will."

Villeneuve believes Schumacher showed his true character during qualifying in Monaco earlier this season when he blocked the track at the end of the qualifying session preventing Alonso and Raikkonen to improve their qualifying lap times. "Michael simply isn't a great champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and because he isn't a great human being," said Villeneuve. "Yes, Senna played dirty tricks too but he did it with more class, more integrity. When he took Prost out at Suzuka in 1990, he said he was going to do it before the race."

"So, unlike Michael, who ridiculously insisted he was innocent at Monaco this year, Senna said, 'Yes, I did it. But I told you before the race that I was going to do it.' That's very different from what Michael did at Monaco and Jerez [in 1997] and Adelaide [in 1994 where he collided controversially with Damon Hill]. Senna wasn't lying to the fans. Michael was. And the sad thing is that, of course, the fans accept it - they swear black is white, in fact - just so that they can go on respecting the sport they love. And Michael takes advantage of that loyalty."

Not a great Champion? Will be forgotten once he retires? Sounds a bit like envy on JV's part. After all, who will remember JV 20 years from now? Only his diehard fans longing for his one glorious season?

Must be tough to be kicked off your team and lose your last decent chance to ever be competitive in F1 again. I mean I know he and Schumi have a past, but JV just lost a lot or respect in my eyes. These comments of his are in poor taste and don't really serve any purpose other than to trash a guy who usually beat JV like a drum when on the same track with him.

Show some class JV....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 11:32PM by Jagdpanzer.
Re: JV Does A Hatchet Job On Schumi...
Date: August 19, 2006 12:06AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
who cares.
Date: August 19, 2006 12:11AM
Posted by: FRESCO
Its all very harsh, and possibly as a result of envy and bitterness, but there is some truth in what hes saying IMO.

Date: August 19, 2006 01:43AM
Posted by: Muks_C
[www.grandprixgames.org]

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 19, 2006 10:12AM
Posted by: Fraplee
Lets see... JV, isn't he the guy that always talked trash about his team mates; only to have the very same team mates run rings around him all year long? I seem to remember writing a post once entitled "Jacques Villeneuve, the Old Arthritic Barking Dog". It is quite possible that JV's assholiness will be remembered beyond Michael's greatness. Although, I kind of doubt it. I remember thinking when villeneuve went to BAR that he and Michael have both been given similar opportunities... let's see who makes what of their situation. I guess we all saw who the better man was in that one. Kind of ironic that Jensen Button (who the old dog barked at) gave BAR their first win. I know - they're not BAR any more.

How can some guy that blew it with Kylie Minouge for video games speak dirt about anyone?

Shut up! Go home! And let us forget about you as quickly as we can.

FraPP!!
Date: August 19, 2006 11:38AM
Posted by: mikef1
BAR and Ferrari cannot be compared, especially not in 1999 and iirc he was going out with Danni and not Kylie (not that that's any better tbh).
Date: August 19, 2006 02:51PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
yeh schumi couldnt bark at his teammates, because he chose them, and then unsportsmanly forced them to pull over for him in the race. jv has nothing to envy about schumi, he beat him fair and sqare to a world championship, exosing the flaws of the arrogant one. the only time he would be a great champion is if he has someone like raikonnen as his teammate, and beats him fair and square to a championship. until then, he is a champion, but not a great one, cos theres too many conditions always favouring him to the championship
Date: August 19, 2006 03:19PM
he was engaged to Dannii.

and Adam, how can you call it unsporting of MS to "force" his teammates to pull over in the race? those teammates all knew full well what they had signed in their respective contracts, they KNEW they were going to ferrari to HELP MS whenever they were asked to, so it's hardly unfair considering they AGREED to this strategy, is it?

it's not like they had a fair chance in the team, then out of the blue they were told to help MS, is it? that says more about their character and ambition than it does about MS and the ferrari management, IMO.

and why are we continuing in this thread, there is one about JV, and in the MS one this same article was posted, which i gave a link to in my previous post. we'll end up repeating the same stuff in 3 threads soon.

Date: August 19, 2006 03:30PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
and Adam, how can you call it unsporting of MS to "force" his teammates to pull over in the race? those teammates all knew full well what they had signed in their respective contracts, they KNEW they were going to ferrari to HELP MS whenever they were asked to, so it's hardly unfair considering they AGREED to this strategy, is it?

Agreeing to something doesnt automaticly make it right, or sporting.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 19, 2006 03:37PM
i know, but Adam is making out that they had no idea what they were letting themselves in for and that the Big Bad Wolf MS suddenly ordered them to pull over for him. i agree it's not the ideal way to go about your career (both from ferrari and MS' point of view) but it brought them success and it's a team sport after all, although i would have liked there to be equal contracts to see how good MS really was. i hope Kimi is his teammate next season.

Date: August 19, 2006 03:48PM
but Adam is making out that they had no idea what they were letting themselves in for and that the Big Bad Wolf MS suddenly ordered them to pull over for him.

Rubens apparently didnt. He had himself convinced he was equal number 1. He talked about it alot and insisted he was "1b" not number 2.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 19, 2006 04:12PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
No. I disagree strongly with both of you here. It made perfect sense for Ferrari to order those moves.
They had just lost ...what was it about 3 Divers titles in four years (despite winning in 2000) at the last race of the season, and I'm completely satisfied with the one driver system (yes, I understand I'm in the minority.)

There's nothing un-sportsmanly about it, there is no rule that banned it...well until AFTER the race in Austria; and we can ALL SEE how much of a farce the no team orders rule is. (You can't...you're not watching!)

Adam, there are so many conditions favouring him(Schumacher.M.) each and every season because he AND Ferrari chose it to be that way(they have never tried to hide this fact), Kimi had the same deal at McLaren, but the engine wasn't up to it. Button enjoys Honda's full support and to try and get this back somewhere near topic J.V. enjoys NO SUPPORT from B.M.W. despite out driving his team-mate in the first half of the season.

J.V. is up-set and I don't blame him, but he WILL milk the lime-light for all it's worth until he vanishes into a tin-top somewhere.

Date: August 19, 2006 04:30PM
@ Dave, but if Rubens was driver 1b, then Michael was 1a, meaning that it still wasn't equal. Rubens was naive to believe that 1b meant equal status, when clearly it doesn't. all they did was change it from "driver 1" and "driver 2" to "driver 1a" and "driver 1b", which in essence is exactly the same.

and if he wasn't happy (Rubens), he had the chance to go to williams at the end of '03 (IIRC) but chose to stay at ferrari and play the 1b role for 2 more seasons. he can't have been too unhappy about it then can he?

he can complain all he wants, but in the end, he shut up and re-signed for them when he had the chance to break free and make something for himself.

Date: August 19, 2006 04:36PM
Razorsedge, i never said it didnt make sense. I said that agreeing to the cotnract doesnt make it right, and certainly doesnt make it sporting.

Rubens was naive to believe that 1b meant equal status

--

but Adam is making out that they had no idea what they were letting themselves in for and that the Big Bad Wolf MS suddenly ordered them to pull over for him.

Bit of a contradiction mate.

Fact is, Rubens said he was led to belive that his status was equal. And when the chips were down, Ferrari screwed him. So despite the claims that "they knew what was going on", evidently, they didnt.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2006 04:37PM by DaveEllis.
Date: August 19, 2006 04:46PM
Posted by: tripleM
There was no question of a breach of contract, so how do you come to a conclusion that Ferrari screwed him?

Date: August 19, 2006 04:59PM
I never said there was a breech of contract either.

Reading ROCKS.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 19, 2006 05:02PM
So how did they screw him, if he knew what the deal was.

Come on, inquiring minds want to know.

Date: August 19, 2006 05:08PM
So how did they screw him, if he knew what the deal was.

Again, he apparently didnt. He said he had equal status. But hell, we shouldnt ask RUBENS what he knows - clearly TripleM knows alot more than RUBENS does. :thumbsup:

As for being screwed - I'd say having to move over to give your supposedly better team mate a place is being screwed, especailly when you think your equal. But hey, what would i know!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 19, 2006 05:16PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I can see your point Dave, but it is somewhat obfuscated by your tendancy to sit on the fence here.

Rubens agreed to the deal, but it dosen't make it right, then a few posts later Rubens was believing he had '1b' status and Ferrari screwed him. (of course that still dosen't make it 'right'but then again...what is 'wrong?))

But rather than nit-pick, which given tyhe topic we could do all night, I will offer this opinion that Ferrari's tactics WERE within the rules at the time they were implemented. Those situations were distastefull to ALL fans of F1 and I even posted as much on this very forum, but they did serve a purpose, and personally I've always liked ruthlesness in sportsmen. I guess it comes from being a Gelong supporter in Aussie Football, they were a team that famously decided to physically damage thier opposing teams star players in the Grand Final, (they still lost..LOL) But I saw the logic in thier plan, and don't consider it un-sporting...it gave Australian Football one of its most famous Finales.

So, that's where I'm coming from.

Cheers.

Date: August 19, 2006 05:16PM
So first Rubens had himself convinced and then he was led to believe.

Nice to see the usual bob and weave.

Fact is, Rubens only has himself to blame if he didn't know what was going on. I am certain since there was nothing mentioned suggesting otherwise, Barrichello actions were covered by the terms of the contract he signed.

In no way applying the contract that Barrichello willingly signed is equal to screwing him. Not in the real world.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy