The Michael Schumacher thread

Posted by LS. 
Re: The Michael Schumacher thread
Date: August 10, 2006 01:51PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah i know, but it's gotta be more bad of the driver in a "practice" session, even though i agree what MS did was bad, like he changed his mind at the last second. as someone said in the Hungary GP thread, maybe he was told not to let Pedro pass him over the radio?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 10, 2006 02:26PM
Posted by: marcl
does not matter what he was told if them wheel touched pedro would have flipped.

anyway its done now and i dont want to sit here slagging him off over one race where just about everyone has said he messed up even his own team near enough
Date: August 10, 2006 05:07PM
Posted by: tripleM
His own team said that they messed up.

Date: August 10, 2006 10:01PM
they said they should have told him to calm down
Date: August 17, 2006 09:49AM
Posted by: Nickv
Villeneuve: Schumacher is a liar

Jacques Villeneuve believes Schumacher has been lying to his fans and fellow drivers. The 1997 F1 World Champion said in an interview to be published next week in F1 Racing magazine that Schumacher will be easily forgotten, as he hasn't got a true personality.

"I think the problem is that you don't ever see his true personality," he said. "He's a racer - but a pure racer, nothing but a racer and, because of that, I think the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget him. Senna, by contrast, will never be forgotten. Some of that is the James Dean factor, of course, because he was killed in action at a young age, but not all of it. I don't even think Michael will live on in people's memories as strong or as long as Prost has - certainly not as strong or as long as Mansell has. Those people attained a hero status that Michael never has and never will."

Villeneuve believes Schumacher showed his true character during qualifying in Monaco earlier this season when he blocked the track at the end of the qualifying session preventing Alonso and Raikkonen to improve their qualifying lap times. "Michael simply isn't a great champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and because he isn't a great human being," said Villeneuve. "Yes, Senna played dirty tricks too but he did it with more class, more integrity. When he took Prost out at Suzuka in 1990, he said he was going to do it before the race."

"So, unlike Michael, who ridiculously insisted he was innocent at Monaco this year, Senna said, 'Yes, I did it. But I told you before the race that I was going to do it.' That's very different from what Michael did at Monaco and Jerez [in 1997] and Adelaide [in 1994 where he collided controversially with Damon Hill]. Senna wasn't lying to the fans. Michael was. And the sad thing is that, of course, the fans accept it - they swear black is white, in fact - just so that they can go on respecting the sport they love. And Michael takes advantage of that loyalty."

[www.f1racing.nl]

I guess JV has seen this thread :P
Date: August 17, 2006 10:04AM
Posted by: mikef1
Lol! Are you sure he's not one of the posters on this forum!
Date: August 17, 2006 10:30AM
jv has totally slagged him off probably still bitter over 1997.

I dont remember senna telling anyone he was going to that until 1991 when he said it in the press room for the whole world to hear "i said to myself before the race prost will not turn into the 1st corner infront of me"
Date: August 17, 2006 10:39AM
Yep, he admitted it when he won the championship in Suzuka '91, so that's a year and no sorry. With Schumacher, sometimes it seems like he is forced to say sorry when he has done something wrong rather than admit his mistakes, almost like he believes he's not done anything bad.
Date: August 17, 2006 10:45AM
but maybe he feels he has not done anything wrong thats a human way i know loads of people like that
Date: August 17, 2006 10:52AM
Posted by: chet
Ok, what if Micheals Monaco mistake was genuine? :P

I dont believe it was , but still haha!

edit - jv to renault!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 10:52AM by chet.
Date: August 17, 2006 10:58AM
the problem is beacuse what he done in the passed people will always say it was not a mistake.

But tbh it did look strange
Date: August 17, 2006 11:13AM
Posted by: tripleM
"I think the day he hangs up his helmet people will just forget him"

Ok, i had enough when i got to this point.

Success and controversy, what's there to forget?

Date: August 17, 2006 11:22AM
i dont think people will ever forget him how can they 7 times champ so many records.

But people will forget jv unlike his dad
Date: August 17, 2006 11:56AM
Yeah, his dad was awesome. I think JV is bitter after being kicked out of F1 and is venting his opinions on the press about his obvious dislike of Schumi. But to say what Schumacher did in Monaco was not deliberate is just ignoring the facts.
Date: August 17, 2006 11:58AM
its not the 1st time though a driver has tried to block the track zanardi did it in f3000 and ms tried to do it in austria 2000 i think it was when he crashed at the 1st corner
Date: August 17, 2006 12:46PM
Posted by: chet
F3000 irons out those problems :P

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 17, 2006 04:10PM
Posted by: Senna
I have to agree with every single word written by JV :P

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 17, 2006 04:13PM
Posted by: Nickv
Bruno, can you get onto MSN now? :)
Date: August 17, 2006 04:21PM
Posted by: Senna
Nickv Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Bruno, can you get onto MSN now?
>
>
> Nickv is your WGP/W300 press release service! PM your story!
>

Sorry :( MSN is prohibited here at work, If I do it they'll fire me :S

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 17, 2006 04:51PM
i get away with it where i work thank god lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy