Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: August 08, 2006 12:57PM
Posted by: marcl
oh ok cheers for that must have totally missed it like itv, honda did not pit then thats y they were faster lighter and older tyres
Date: August 08, 2006 01:14PM
Posted by: requenov
marcl Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> oh ok cheers for that must have totally missed it like itv, honda did
> not pit then thats y they were faster lighter and older tyres

Barrichello did pit in lap 26, Button did it in lap 17.

Pit stops after the Kimi-Liuzzi accident:

Lap 25
------
Takuma Sato 25

Lap 26
------
Pedro de la Rosa 26
Rubens Barrichello 26
David Coulthard 26
Nick Heidfeld 26
Scott Speed 26

Lap 27
--------
Fernando Alonso 27

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2006 01:16PM by requenov.
Date: August 08, 2006 01:23PM
Posted by: barbos
By the way tyres, did you see, that michelin did a big jump for wet tyres? If it's too wet, Michelin has more advantage than Bridgestone...

And another question do you all remember USA GP 2003? I think it was the same like Hungarian GP this year.
First half- Ferrari was loosing and second half- Ferrari won 40 seconds...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 08, 2006 01:37PM
dunno we really only saw inters full wets could be another story.

If u remember brazil 2003 michelin had an advantge until it started drying

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2006 01:41PM by marcl.
Date: August 08, 2006 01:42PM
Posted by: anze89
to see if michelin has made progress on total wet tyres we would need a race with lots of rain, like barcelona 1996 or brazil 2003 (or was it 2004?)

Date: August 08, 2006 02:02PM
brazil 2003 they had the upper hand until it dried, mclaren looked set to win and even jpm was doing well
Date: August 08, 2006 02:05PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
What they (Michelin, and to a certain extent Bridgestone) need is a fully wet track, with it raining constantly, to prove the tyres work in full wet conditions. Hell, something like Spa 98 would do the trick.

On a side note, does anybody in the UK know when the full race is repeated? Can't see it in ITV's listings for this week. I taped the highlights, but I want to get the full race archived, as it was a classic IMHO. Plus, the highlights missed quite a bit out!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: August 08, 2006 02:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
they usually have the full race repeated on tuesday night after the GP weekend, but it's not there this time :(

it seems the Michelin inters can cope with lots of water on-track all the way down to just a bit of water, whereas the BS inters only work well with very little water on-track, so the BS inter has a much narrower band in which they can perform.

yeah Indy '03 it swung in both tyre manufacturers direction depending on how wet the track was.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 08, 2006 03:07PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
They have not re-run any of the races this year. "The Mint" has taken the place of it.

You best bet is ebay perhaps?

Date: August 08, 2006 03:19PM
on ITV-f1 it says that the highlights show is on again tonight in ITV4, but i didn't find that in the listings on the normal ITV site. no sign of the full race though, sorry.

Date: August 08, 2006 04:50PM
did u know that due to ms not finishing the race on the track the ferrari people could look at the car before the fia check it. And ms was not weighed str8 after the race.

I know this is the rules but if i were midland i would have not accepted this.
Date: August 08, 2006 05:10PM
Posted by: chet
Why Midland?

Do you mean BMW?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 08, 2006 05:11PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
Muks_C Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> on ITV-f1 it says that the highlights show is on again tonight in
> ITV4

It was on last night 3.50am to 4.50am. I tuned into it after WWE Raw finished at 4.10am.

Date: August 08, 2006 05:12PM
Midland, BMW, who cares? all the same, dull, soulless teams.

and no, he does mean Midland, cos they were 9th and 10th, behind MS after Kubica's DQ, meaning Tiago could have got a point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2006 05:13PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 08, 2006 05:19PM
yep midland would have got a point. Its sort of a grey area when this happens normally if a car breaks down on the last lap its taken back and checked before the teams can touch it and the driver is weighed.

In this case ferrari got to the car 1st and ms went to the paddock so they missed all that.

Its not their fault so am not having a go at them. But if the bmw was under weight cause of tyres then maybe so was the ferrari probably not the case anyway but who knows
Date: August 08, 2006 05:22PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Does anyone remember Spa last year? That race was wet all the way through and the Michelins were as good as Bridgestone back then, the last time that they were seriously outclassed must have been back in 2002 because I can't remember anything much in the past few years.
Date: August 08, 2006 05:26PM
2003 usa, michelin runners were left well behind.

I think it was 2004 canada as well quali again michelin runners were 2 secs off the pace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2006 05:27PM by marcl.
Date: August 08, 2006 05:32PM
and as ms did not finish the race he can have a free engine change for the next one lol.

In a way its quite funny but just shows how this system does not really work. Maybe it should be if u are not classified u get a free engine change.

So all in all he has left hungry better than he thought at the time
Date: August 08, 2006 05:32PM
well USA '03, in the early part of the race the michelins runners were murdering the ferrari's, going past them on the banked corner as if they were stationary.

then as it dried out, the BS' coped better and ferrari took the advantage again and MS won.

Date: August 08, 2006 05:38PM
it was when the track got wetter and they had to change on to wets ferrari and sauber slaugherted them remember how button went in the race as well.

Kimi was leading the race ms was back in 11th or something
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy