Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: August 07, 2006 09:33PM
Posted by: Nickv
MS having 7 titles hasn't got anything to do wether Kimi is crap or not.

Are you going to ignore Keiran and dolinseks too now? If you go on like this you can't say anything here as you'll be ignoring everybody here.
Date: August 07, 2006 09:39PM
Posted by: marcl
well we shall see how crap kimi is next year then when he is ms team mate, thats if ms stays.

Kimi is one of the best drivers out there makes one mistake and gets called crap
Date: August 07, 2006 09:41PM
Posted by: Sapo
And even though Kimi turns out to be less fast than schumacher or Alonso, that wouldn't prove he's crap. Rubinho and Irvine and now Massa were/are also good drivers (not superb, but definately not crap also, because why would they drive for ferrari then?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2006 09:42PM by Sapo.
Date: August 07, 2006 09:45PM
Posted by: keiran
Well a dictionary defination of opinion ;-)

A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof

So grow up, and stop acting childish putting it across as if it's a fact. It maybe your opinion and many disagree including every top team in Formula One. How many drivers have teams holding off to try get him? Only Kimi to my knowledge.

Kimi so far has showen to me that he can keep his cool. 2005 he suffered so much yet he managed to keep his head and in the end drove championship winning drives pretty much every weekend. He very rarely put a wheel wrong and when he did he never blamed anything but himself. He is a great talent and his motorsport carrer shows it. He got into F1 just after a year in Formula Renault which he dominated winning something like 13 of 23 races ;-).

There was huge concerns into giving him a super license because he was so in-experienced when it came down to how much racing he had done. He had only competed that Formula Renault series when it came down to open wheeler experience. Yet he went on to score points in his first ever GP in a Sauber of all cars.

You're definatley not over-rated if a team and the FIA will give you a super license with so little experience and to go on to take points on your first GP ;-) Yet Schumacher didn't even make it pass the first lap of his first GP :). Also this `over-rated` driver called Kimi was only 3 points off his team mates score at the end of his first ever season.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2006 09:47PM by keiran.
Date: August 07, 2006 09:51PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
teams make mistakes too like on sunday when they kept michael driving on wet tyres. Good for kimi the top teams want him, lets hope he can prove he is worth the money and till now he isn't.
Date: August 07, 2006 09:54PM
May I ask why?

Don't tell me you already told why. (not having 7 titles is not a reason)
And if you still think you told me, tell our fellow forumers then.
Date: August 07, 2006 09:55PM
Posted by: Slash
keiran Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet Schumacher didn't even make it pass the first lap
> of his first GP . Also this `over-rated` driver called Kimi was only 3
> points off his team mates score at the end of his first ever season.
>

wo wo wo. kimi's immense, but he looks little compared to michael, it's been six years now since he started in f-1, and Michael had 2 tittles already by his sixth season...,
Date: August 07, 2006 10:01PM
Posted by: keiran
Bigbrother Wrote:
> teams make mistakes too like on sunday when they kept michael driving
> on wet tyres. Good for kimi the top teams want him, lets hope he can
> prove he is worth the money and till now he isn't.

No, one team made a mistake. Not 3 teams ;-) You've still ignored what I've posted.

Justify your reasons, don't go around saying that he isn't worth it because that is not a fact and tbh isn't true.

Struggling to come up with reasons, eh? Shouldn't be too hard if he is so `over-rated`.

When you look back at his carrer he has been nothing short of amazing.

wo wo wo. kimi's immense, but he looks little compared to michael, it's been six years now since he started in f-1, and Michael had 2 tittles already by his sixth season...,

Good on him. I'm just trying to put my point to `Bigbrother` in what appears to be the only way he can. If you think about it though Kimi should have 2 titles this year but robbed with poor relability.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: August 07, 2006 10:09PM
Posted by: marcl
i dont think i am gonna bother to reply no more as some people here watch a total different f1 than most of us.

u tell me where kimi has been crap?
when has kimi had the best reliable car
when has kimi had team mates move over
when has kimi turned in on rivals
when has kimi break tested drivers
when has kimi over taken under red flags
when has kimi spun off in a race

etc
Date: August 07, 2006 10:29PM
Posted by: MarcA
Also, saying "let's see how Kimi fairs against Michael when he goes to Ferrari" is not fair at all.

Obviously Michael will do better, as he has been at the team for 11 years, and every single Ferrari is built around him. Kimi won't get a car built around him in his first year at Ferrari.

Date: August 07, 2006 10:30PM
Posted by: barbos
And tell us also
when has Schumi helped his teammates like they helped him
when has Schumi say sorry
when has Schumi respect somebody ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 07, 2006 10:36PM
When has Schumacher blamed himself for anything...

Jerez '97, blames Jacques when he turned into him.
Spa '98, blamed Coulthard when he drove into him.

At least Kimi just shrugs and admits it's his fault.

And Steven, you've said to me in the past that he drives and talks like a robot, somehow I can't see thats true, and even if it is... Who cares?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2006 10:37PM by MarcA.
Date: August 07, 2006 10:39PM
Spa '98, blamed Coulthard when he drove into him.

Can't agree with that though. It's been discussed in another thread I think and we came to the conclusion it is impossible to say either DC or MS is 100% guilty due the extreme circumstances they were driving in.
Date: August 07, 2006 10:45PM
Posted by: mikef1
"And tell us also
when has Schumi helped his teammates like they helped him
when has Schumi say sorry
when has Schumi respect somebody ..."

I'm no Schumi fan by any means but i do remember him helping Irvine in the Malaysian GP in '99, i have actually heard him say sorry (don't know if he meant it) and i do believe he respects drivers like Alonso and Kimi, he certainly respected Senna when they drove together.
Date: August 07, 2006 10:53PM
Is there one other thing I can say?

Indianapolis 2002, n00b.

Date: August 07, 2006 11:01PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Slash Wrote:
> keiran Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> Yet Schumacher didn't even make it pass the first lap
> > of his first GP . Also this `over-rated` driver called Kimi was
> only 3
> > points off his team mates score at the end of his first ever
> season.
> >
>
>
> wo wo wo. kimi's immense, but he looks little compared to michael,
> it's been six years now since he started in f-1, and Michael had 2
> tittles already by his sixth season...,

Can I have some of what you're on? Seriously man, life would be so much easier ;)
Date: August 07, 2006 11:06PM
Posted by: mikef1
"If you think about it though Kimi should have 2 titles this year but robbed with poor relability."

Absolutely, Mclaren and Mercedes in particular are the reason why Kimi is not already a world champ. Jean Todt is desperate to sign him up to Ferrari as the successor to Michael and not another one of Schumacher's donkeys.
Imo he is the fastest driver out there and probably the best too. He is calm, admits to his mistakes, is consistently good in qualifying and in the race and is a demon overtaker. He seems to not get involved in team politics and avoids getting wound up by team mates. I reckon he will be well placed to challenge Schumi in the Ferrari team and i believe he would come out on top.
Date: August 07, 2006 11:52PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
If if if if if if

@keiran i explained already my arguments to marca and nickv in msn chat. They don't even listen to it so i don't going to spend a second more attention to it.

you see it already starts, again excuses for kimi, IF he goes to ferrari it wouldn't be fair blablabla .....
Date: August 07, 2006 11:59PM
Posted by: Muks_C
to be honest, i think BigBrother is just trying to wind everybody up.

you know how much of a fan of MS i am (see the other thread) but in this whole weekend he simply did some stupid things that someone with over 14 years of experience in F1 and 7 titles should not do.

if i can admit this why can't you do the same BigBrother? and greatness isn't judged solely on numbers. MS has 7, Senna has 3, does that mean MS is 2.33333333333 times better than Senna? no, of course it doesn't.

Prost "only" has 4 titles, does it mean MS is 1.75 times better than him? no, it doesn't.

and Kimi is seriouly NOT crap. hehad only ever done 53 singles seater races before F1, and he socred a point in his 1st race, almost won a race in his 2nd season, had a shout in winning the title in his 3rd season, and Jean Todt and Ross Brawn have spoken of their admiration for him for the past 2 years or so.

do you think they are stupid for having that high opinion of him? or do you trust that these 2 men know what they are talking about?

did you even watch the 2005 season? did you see how many times he had to take the 10-place engine penalty, yet still was able to race through the field and finish on the podium, and even win the race? is that crap?

going back to IF he goes to Ferrari with MS, MS will surely have the upper hand in terms of the car being built for him (it's already been designed and partially built no doubt, these things happen almost a whole year in advance) so his input will have been used.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 08, 2006 12:03AM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah it might sound like excuses, but of course it will take time for Kimi to adjust to what amounts to "Team Schumacher".

lets save the debate for whether Kimi is crap or not once 2007 starts and we see half the season against (hopefully) MS.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy