Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: August 09, 2006 07:36PM
Posted by: Muks_C
could be yes. he might have lost so much water through sweating that he made the car go under the limit.

they lose about 10 kilos in sweat, so maybe another 2 isn't so hard to imagine.

but it's more likely to be the tyres, as they always drive around on the marbles to pick up extra rubber to make sure they don't go under, and each tyre must pick up around 1 kilo, so if he didn't do that, that could also be a reason, as LS said previously.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 09, 2006 09:23PM
Posted by: marcl
also he knocked off some areo parts.

but maybe bmw messed up and the car was under weight to start off with
Date: August 09, 2006 09:46PM
Posted by: dada

wrong tyre direction ?

Date: August 09, 2006 10:04PM
Posted by: Nickv
Can you post a clickable thumbnail? Might help ;)
Date: August 09, 2006 10:11PM
Posted by: dada
Date: August 09, 2006 10:14PM
well MS' are inters and Massa's are full wets, so that accounts for the difference between the 2 pics, but Massa's do look like the wrong direction.

Date: August 09, 2006 10:18PM

Schumis tyres are in the right direction.

Look closely and see that the other front tyre looks in the wrong direction too, but the rear tyres seems to be right.

Look closely here, and Albers' tyres seem all in the right direction.

Are Ferrari really that stupid?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2006 10:19PM by Nickv.
Date: August 09, 2006 10:31PM
Posted by: tripleM
Date: August 10, 2006 12:11AM
i have no idea whats going on here
Date: August 10, 2006 12:19AM
look at the pic Dada posted, the right hand one is Massa on full wets and his front-right tyre appears to be the wrong tyre cos the tread pattern looks like it's pointing backwards instead of forwards (as if they put the left tyre on the right hand side or something).

so they might have put the rim/tyre from the left onto the right by accident, or the left tyre has been mounted on the rim intended to be on the right, meaning the fault of the Bridgestone guy who fits the tyre and labels it.

the MS pic next to Massa is on inters, so ignore it.

then Nick posted a pic of Massa when he spun on inters, so ignore that also (I think Nick may think it was MS cos he said "Schumis tyres are in the right direction" although there is no MS pic there).

then the next pic is Massa on full wets, but the wheels are spinning so we can't tell if both fronts are on the right way or not.

Date: August 10, 2006 05:05PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Yeah, it does seem like Massa has his front tyres in the other direction, that Albers. You can see that by the tyre thread. Looks like Ferrari put left front on the right side, and the right front on the left.

Date: August 10, 2006 05:50PM
Posted by: mikef1
Could explain why his pace was so shite when Michael was flying.
Date: August 10, 2006 06:19PM
then Nick posted a pic of Massa when he spun on inters, so ignore that also (I think Nick may think it was MS cos he said "Schumis tyres are in the right direction" although there is no MS pic there).

It was to proof MS' tyres were in the right direction, 'cause Massa had them in the same. I don't think Ferrari makes the same mistake twice.

then the next pic is Massa on full wets, but the wheels are spinning so we can't tell if both fronts are on the right way or not.

It is very, very hard to see, but if you look very close, you can vaguely see it.
Date: August 10, 2006 07:05PM
Posted by: Senna
mikef1 Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Could explain why his pace was so shite when Michael was flying.

but at the end of the race massa set the fastest lap of the race

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 10, 2006 07:16PM
Posted by: dolinseks
with dry weather tyres...

Date: August 11, 2006 05:54PM
i thought they changed the safety car procedure so the lapped cars had to go behind the leaders? this did not happen in hungry and both button and pedro had cars between them and alonso, jb had to pedro had 5 i think
Date: August 11, 2006 06:14PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
Hasn't changed yet, some drivers are against it.

Date: August 11, 2006 06:32PM
also didn't they change the rule on notifying everyone when the safety car was coming in after Monaco '04?

previously they were told on the lap when it was gonna come in (cos the lights on its roof would go out) so they would all start to accelerate and brake heavily to heat up tyres & brakes, but after JPM and MS collided in the Monaco tunnel, they changed it so it would just go in, without telling anyone.

but since then, everytime it has been out, we always know it's going in cos the commentators tell us, and also the leader always slows down a lot to give himself a good run.

does anyone know the official decision about this, as it doesn't seem to have been implemented?

Date: August 11, 2006 06:34PM
AFAIK the lights still go out if the SC goes in.
Date: August 11, 2006 06:35PM
yeah i know, so why didn't they follow through with the decision they made after Monaco '04, to just make the SC go in without giving them advanced warning?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy