How do you know? ;)

Re: A lot of cocaine in F1
Date: December 31, 2004 07:58PM
Posted by: mikef1
Lol vader
Date: December 31, 2004 11:31PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Don't ask Scott, please, we got enough details ;)
Date: January 01, 2005 05:23PM
Posted by: genesis
I think it's really naive to think that there's not a strong possibility that F1 drivers take performance-enhancing drugs. Someone claimed that F1 drivers would have too much to lose by taking them - do you not think that they have too much to lose by not taking them? If a member of their team told them 'if you take this then there is a fairly good chance that you'll finish 1st instead of 3rd', you don't think they'd take it? Everyone knows about the risk of fatality and injury in F1 anyway, it exists with or without the inclusion of drugs. So having the choice between no performance enhancement and the existence of possible tragedy, and performance-enhancement and the existence of possible tragedy, what do you think they'd plump for?

As for the argument that it'd damage the sport and the FIA too much, it is again naive to think that they wouldn't just want to turn a blind eye to it. The big cheeses like Bernie Ecclescake and Max Mosley have juxtaposed and evolving views on tarting-up the sport all the time, so what makes you think they wouldn't ignore teams who work with supplying their drivers with drugs? This isn't allowing it, but they're not making it known of their awareness to it. More-over, I'm confident that if it's only just been made public, that it has been rife for a fair while already, which would beg the question - why would the FIA even waste their time thinking about it, when they can be thinking of fantastic new qualifying regimes and brightly coloured flags?
Date: January 01, 2005 05:44PM
Posted by: Vader
Either on RTL's or DSF's videotext was a short piece about Ralf Schumacher's press officer. She said there were rumours that last year traces of cocaine were found in the paddock and all have been wondering which driver was to blame. Of course this doesn't prove anything, because we all know that the press, who also has access to the paddock, is full of snowmen. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2005 05:45PM by Vader.
Date: January 02, 2005 03:49AM
Posted by: Dizzoau
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not really gui. Alot of ppl who take them are
> smart enough to know what effects it will have and
> how to counter these. I know my ex has taken them
> before, but being a chemist, knew what to do so
> theres no bad effect
>
>

So there's an exception then???

Just like theres "safe speeding" on the highway and then there's speeding when the kids come out of school, an exception there too eh dave!!!

hahaha let see what you say to this, as going by your logic there's an exception, yet you have said in the past speeding is really really bad!!!!! hahaha
Date: January 02, 2005 04:06AM
That's a big difference and you know that, too.

If I am smart enough to know how to deal with cocaine amd if I take it in my own home it's my problem. I don't harm anyone. If I speed - even if it's what you call "safe speeding" - it's still on a PUBLIC road and not within my 4 walls, so other people might get involved. This makes speeding a different thing.

Of course F1 drivers taking drugs do endanger orther F1 drivers, but if we know about the danger, drivers who don't take drugs will know about it, too. If they still race, it's their choice as adults. They know racing is dangerous. On the streets, however are not only adults, but also kids, that's what makes speeding more dangerous. If you fail to see that, you can't be helped.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 02, 2005 03:11PM
Posted by: Pooky
how can some of you argue for taking drugs in F1??

thats as bad as them actually taking them!

which of course they are not.
Date: January 02, 2005 03:29PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
"no way in hell would a professional driver at the highest level in motor racing get away with taking cocaine or any performance inhancing drug"

I agree with genesis, look, its a very distinct possibility that someone in F1 is taking drugs. Your above comment pooky is very dubious. Why wouldnt they? It happens in atheletics and in athletics people are routinely drug-tested - THEY KNOW they will be tested yet the results they feel will be so great that they STILL TAKE drugs. Why can people not accept its probably the same in F1

And Gui i think you're confusing things here. What Vader said is highly important but people seem to have glossed over it:

"What is your definition of "drug"? Can you accept if someone drinks coffee? Tea? Cigarettes? Alcohol? Dextrose?"

Exactly! Would you find it hard to accept if Rubens was drinking Red-Bull or something to increase his awareness? Where do you draw the line? The people you linked with drugs, like rap/hip hop artists take recreational drugs, not performance enhancing. I dont think the fact that fans cant dont want to think their idols are taking drugs really plays a big roll in this.
Date: January 02, 2005 03:45PM
Posted by: Zcott
I can argue for taking drugs in F1 quite easily:

Create something performance-enhancing to put into a drink, make sure the drink is finished by an hour into the race.

Sounds ridiculously easy to do....and it is! You don't even have to tell the driver he's taking something. He just thinks he's doing great today, and sure enough, he is.

Now, whether I believe in doing this is an entirely seperate story...

Date: January 02, 2005 07:16PM
Posted by: Pooky
ok ok so maybe my own view of how i like to see F1 (i.e perfect) affected my answer

i.e why i wrote so strongly how i felt

but i honestly do not believe a driver would take drugs knowingly

im at mclaren right, i see what the company is like, how lucky i am to work their out of thousands that would love to be there,

and im just a technician. not even anyone high up or anyone important and I would not risk taking drugs!!!!!!!!!!!

so i ask myself, why would kimi or juan pablo risk all that, all there hard work in the early part of their career, all their dreams for some drugs??

they would not dare.

and Ron would not tolerate it also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2005 07:16PM by Pooky.
Date: January 02, 2005 07:26PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
how can some of you argue for taking drugs in F1??

Wtf, nobody is saying its good, we are syaing its a very real possibility! We are also saying its fairly easy to hide, and counter act the problems given by these drugs if you know what your doing to! At no point have we agreed with anyone taking it!

but i honestly do not believe a driver would take drugs knowingly

Give me ONE good reason why F1 drivers are different to any other sportsmen in this situation

all there hard work in the early part of their career, all their dreams for some drugs??

You dont seem to understand the use of these drugs. These are not "for drugs" like you say. This isnt for fun, not the kind of drugs that ppl at a party for example might have. These are performance. Its not "for drugs" its "drugs for performance". Almost the exact opposite really

I totally agree that it is wrong, and in an ideal world we would not even think about having this discussion. But its a very real FACT that drugs are used in sports to enhance performance, and anyone suggesting F1 is different because its F1 is kidding themselves really.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 02, 2005 07:29PM
Posted by: Red Sam
of course it is possible it exists, but until there is proof then i am happy to believe that it doesnt, especially as there are tests. Maybe those tests should be more stringant, but at least they are there

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 02, 2005 08:18PM
I agree Dave.

Kimi has probably done more damage to his body on his vodka spree as if he was taking "performance enhancing" drugs, designed by professionals, according to his physical constitution and administered under permananet medical control.

Pooky, what do you think happens when an athlet breaks a leg or dislocates a joint? An athlet is not like you average Joe who has time to recover. Athlets get all sort of stuff na pills that speed up recovery: broken bones heal faster, effusions of blood fade away faster and muscles grow faster again. This is a normal way to get them back into the sport again. Technically this is doping, too - you let pills and infusions do what the human body alone cannot do. Technically serious sports are impossible without drugs. The difference between good and bad drugs is only where you draw the line, however, this line will always be arbitrary.

DISCLAIMER: I didn't say Kimi was actually drugs.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2005 08:41PM by Vader.
Date: January 02, 2005 08:34PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but i honestly do not believe a driver would take
> drugs knowingly
>
> Give me ONE good reason why F1 drivers are
> different to any other sportsmen in this
> situation
>
> all there hard work in the early part of their
> career, all their dreams for some drugs??
>
> You dont seem to understand the use of these
> drugs. These are not "for drugs" like you say.
> This isnt for fun, not the kind of drugs that ppl
> at a party for example might have. These are
> performance. Its not "for drugs" its "drugs for
> performance". Almost the exact opposite really

yeah exactly what i meant

The Gallaghers Brothers in an F-1
Date: January 02, 2005 11:42PM
Posted by: Slash
If cocaine improves driver's performance..... i'd wish to see Liam Gallagher on an f-1 car... if that's true i think in a minardi he would be faster than Michael on a Ferrari....

imagine Nick heidfeld takin' the "stuff" to get the williams seat

i truly hope this isn't true...... by the way maybe the former doc was on it when he made the statement.....

Imagine the gallagher's brothers taking jarno Trulli at the las corner on the last lap at france....... HILARIOUS!!

Would somebody please scheduled a test session for them!

CHEERS!

"feelin' supersonic"

Date: January 03, 2005 02:49AM
Posted by: genesis
"and im just a technician. not even anyone high up or anyone important and I would not risk taking drugs!!!!!!!!!!! "

With all due respect, why the hell would you need to take a performance-enhancing drug? :| The point I was trying to make was the higher up you are the bigger the stakes; the more drivers are likely to gamble (one perception).
Date: January 03, 2005 03:34AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I've been following this thread on and off for a while now(in-between shooting up!:))
and I think we're all getting a little mixed up here.(Flame me if I'm wrong.) So, here are my two cents.

1) Cocaine is NOT a performance en-hancing sports drug.

2) If drivers are being issued sports drugs,(i.e. something NOT recognised as a NARCOTIC substance), to help thier stamina I don't think that's a problem.

3) If after races people are letting thier hair down with a quick line or two in (in private) it's none of our business anyway.

My favourite quote of the thread: Slash ''..the former doc was on it when he made the statement.''

Happy New Year.

Date: January 03, 2005 04:09AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
1) Cocaine is NOT a performance en-hancing sports drug.

no drug in its 'default' form is performance enhancing. But after put through enough experiments, hamburgers can be performance enhancing (luckily for JPM)

3) If after races people are letting thier hair down with a quick line or two in (in private) it's none of our business anyway.

This isnt about private life, its about the sport itself

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 03, 2005 04:31AM
Posted by: kit kat
I am sure NO DRIVER is mad on chico cos if they where of there head on cocaine at the start of the race they would look a wreck!!

i.e sniffing\rubbing there nose ect tell tail signs of someone mad on it!

if someone tried to drive a 900+bhp f1 car mad way it they would forget to brake at the 1st corner!! as the stuff makes you invisible\untouchable this is why ALL FAMOUS STARS take it at parties ect & you would be amazed at the amount of famous people who do take it!!

i am sure half the drivers dabble when there not racing i.e Eddie Irvine for sure! takes it!

just remember any drugs is not BIG & it's not CLEVER!

how do i know? i have seen what they do to peoples lives!

"QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!"

Amd 64 3200+ 939 skt 640kb cache,Asus A8V Deluxe Socket-939 VIA/KT800Pro,Kingston 2X 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz(dual channel),Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB 7200rpm SATA 8MB,200gb Western digital 8mbcache 7200rpm,Radeon 9800 pro 128mb,Soundblaster Audigy2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2005 04:35AM by kit kat.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy