A lot of cocaine in F1

Posted by Vader 
Re: A lot of cocaine in F1
Date: December 31, 2004 12:44AM
Posted by: Morbid
What?!

So now people cannot ask "why not X?" without already having proof that X is true? Thats ludicrous. If I had proof, asking the question would at best be redundant, at worst it would be entrapment, akin to flamebaiting.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 31, 2004 12:52AM
Posted by: Vader
rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NO-ONE IS SAYING ITS IMPOSSBLE!!!!!!!! i dont know
> where you got that notion from.
>

Posted by: Sauber89 (84.65.62.122)
Date: December 30, 2004 02:49PM

@ vader tto carify my earlier post . There just isnt any chance of this being true or to be more specific there isnt any chance of happening during the season. The drivers are randomly tested no one has ever been caught in any form enuropean ased motor sport apart from tomas enge. It's simply not possible in formula 1.

Does this answer your question where I got that notion from?

Sauber89 Wrote:
> Posted by: Sauber89 (IP Logged)
> Date: December 29, 2004 10:57PM
>
> This is the biggest load of bollocks iv ever read
>

Oh, cool. Proves my point.

> lol cheers basically i just dont think you can
> make claim with evidence sorry 4 poor wording i
> wont do so again
>

Nobody did claim anything. I just posted and article I found interesting. Instead of saysing "I think Mr. Benigno Bartoletti is not right, because ..." you come saying "what a load of bollocks". I don't know if you don't want to understand it, but nobody on this forum has claimed that there actually was doping in F1. All we did was to say "It's not impossible, because ...". That's an opinion, and if I am not very much mistaken it is neither a crime nor offensive to state an opinion if you can explain it.

We did not try to prove that there are actually drugs in F1, which would be impossible for us. We just tried to point out that there is a chance of drugs in F1.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2004 12:58AM by Vader.
Date: December 31, 2004 01:18AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
@vader and daveellis: my apologies :)

sauber89 has retracted his position. just as we cant say it dont happen, no-one without proof can say it does happen. we simply sont know enough.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: December 31, 2004 01:22AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
oh ffs rapid.

The point is not that it IS happening, but that it CAN happen. Is that really so difficult to grasp?
Date: December 31, 2004 01:31AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
yes :)

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: December 31, 2004 03:19AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think that the idea of someone - who can be your idol - taking drugs is hard to be accepted. I would struggle greatly to believe such stuff if someone mentioned for example, Sávio or even Rubinho. Especially when you would never have considered the hypothesis before, it makes the idea just so much harder to accept.
At least there is no glamourization of personalities for them using drugs, like you can see from (just an example) some rap/hip-hop "stars" in the US, as well as athletes and comedians (Snoop Dogg, Method Man and Redman, Rasheed Wallace and several others basketball/football/baseball players, and comedians such as Martin Lawrence) who are known for having used the drugs, but haven't been aprehended or reprehended by anyone, and the public make it joyful that these people have used drugs.

I hope I haven't lost anyone.
Date: December 31, 2004 03:22AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I think that the idea of someone - who can be your idol - taking drugs is hard to be accepted.

I listen to rock and metal music. I consider it odd if one of my idols isnt on drugs

and comedians such as Martin Lawrence) who are known for having used the drugs, but haven't been aprehended or reprehended by anyone

Lawrence has been arrested several times for drugs and fire arms offenses

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2004 03:24AM by DaveEllis.
Date: December 31, 2004 03:24AM
Personally I'd hate the idea of one of my idols being on drugs, but it is more widely accepted that such people as rock stars are involved with drugs, or at least several very drunken stories.
Date: December 31, 2004 03:44AM
It's also hard for kiddies to accept when some other kid in the sand box says "your mom is ugly". They start to cry and shout "that's crap" as well.

If the article I posted has destroyed people's idea of a plushy fluffy world full of happy pink bunnies hopping and frolicking all day, I have no regrets. Welcome to reality. If you can't stand reality take cocaine. It helps getting over it. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 31, 2004 03:58AM
;) hahaha.

I can accept reality, but it is a sad one when you find out such events. Most people are ruined by drugs, those who aren't are those who managed to stop taking them, and those who still do will suffer the consequences of it later :(.

Don't die on me, Vader!!!!

:P
Date: December 31, 2004 04:04AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Not really gui. Alot of ppl who take them are smart enough to know what effects it will have and how to counter these. I know my ex has taken them before, but being a chemist, knew what to do so theres no bad effect

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 31, 2004 04:22AM
Of course, there are exceptions as you pointed out there, Dave.
But for me, personally, I just find hard to believe someone I am close to or am a fan of, takes drugs. Luckily for me (but still unfortunate), it has been very few cases, and I can't help but distance myself from someone if they are still taking them, despite any efforts I make to help or persuade them to quit.
With idols, for example, it hasn't occurred yet, and I hope it doesn't since I am very hard to "follow" someone, and when I do it is a safe bet that they are well worthy role models. In case any of them few happen to take drugs, I can't imagine how shocked I would be. Of course, this is my personality, my character and everyone has their views on the subject.

You might remember that massive Christams MSN convo Dave, when a person (won't say whom, of course) said he was stoned and how I acted... it's pretty much how I am, I got disappointed..

So, just to prevent me from losing hope on people ;), don't tell me if you do any sort of drugs, except alcohol or cigarettes!
Date: December 31, 2004 04:30AM
What is your definition of "drug"? Can you accept if someone drinks coffee? Tea? Cigarettes? Alcohol? Dextrose?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 31, 2004 07:01AM
Posted by: theShadow
Red Bull!

Date: December 31, 2004 12:33PM
Posted by: Pooky
hehe you know me by know, i dont beat around the bush with a load of splerge

i just say what i think

i.e in this case:

"What do you call a cross between a Shitsui and a Bulldog????"

Answer: " a BULL @#$%&"

to expand - its just more gossip, more lies, no evidence to substanciate it, it can not be believed

no way in hell Formula 1 drivers would get away with taking cocaine or any performance inhancing drug

they are all much more intelligent than that - even eddie irvine. they know a drug like that could be far more dangerous than the benifits it might give over 90 minutes
Date: December 31, 2004 01:51PM
Posted by: Zcott
to expand - its just more gossip, more lies, no evidence to substanciate it, it can not be believed

Unless you have creditable evidence, I can't take that as fact. All we know is that no one has been caught doing it. We don't know when and where the doping tests take place.

Maybe in your opinion it's all lies, but that doesn't mean it's the absolute truth.

Date: December 31, 2004 02:00PM
Posted by: Pooky
very true
Date: December 31, 2004 05:28PM
Posted by: mikef1
Formula 1 is like cocaine, it goes fast ,its expensive and leaves you feeling tired after an hour and a half or so (of watching Schumacher win again).
Date: December 31, 2004 05:40PM
Posted by: chrislewis
To claim that a third of current F1 drivers take it now, from a person who was in F1 a while ago seems like nonsense. He must be opening a business or something else to hopefully (for himself) get some publicity. As for the argument about it happening, obviously it can. F1 drivers are human after all.

Btw, Happy new year :)

Date: December 31, 2004 06:40PM
mikef1 Wrote:
> Formula 1 is like cocaine, it goes fast ,its
> expensive and leaves you feeling tired after an
> hour and a half or so (of watching Schumacher win
> again).

But it doesn't make your nose bleed and your penis shrink.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy