A lot of cocaine in F1

Posted by Vader 
Re: A lot of cocaine in F1
Date: December 30, 2004 04:05AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
F1 is an endurance sport

No its not. Its a sprint race. As Brundle has pointed out when Ferrari often cruise to the line.

Yes theres an element of endurance to it, but thats not the point. Do you honestly belive that there are no drugs that can help in this situation? They already get pumped full of them before races, just this time its legal drugs.

Drugs can do amazing things, but with often bad side effects, which is why they are illegal. I have no doubt what-so-ever that there is drugs which help endurance, reaction time and all the rest of it. I also have no doubt that some of the grid is on it too.

And i wouldnt call it a "recreational". Thats like saying all fizzy drinks are exactly the same. They are not. cocaine may be what its called but its going to be VASTLY different to what kids on the street are taking.

we need a scientist here to evaluate how much affect these drinks or drugs make. i think schumi would be faster.

Yes, schumi will be faster. But thats not the point, the point is the gap is going to be less

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 30, 2004 05:24AM
Posted by: Vader
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And i wouldnt call it a "recreational". Thats like
> saying all fizzy drinks are exactly the same. They
> are not. cocaine may be what its called but its
> going to be VASTLY different to what kids on the
> street are taking.
>

That's a very good point. The US author William S Burroughs was a confessing drug addict. He did take heroin and other things for over 40 years until his death at age 83 and all that happened was that his body got a bit emaciated and his liver function a bit reduced. Why? Because a) he didn't start taking srugs as a teeny, but as an full-grown adult; b) he had the medical knowledge to know which other drugs to take to outbalance the side effects and c) because he did only take clean, pure heroin and not the crap you get on the streets. I am not telling you thi sto glorify Burrough's career as a drug addict, but to show that nothing is impossible. If he knew "how to do it right" (I know taking drugs isn't right) surely highly paid top doctors in F1 will know it, too (they just need to read the appendices to Burrough's Naked Lunch)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2004 05:26AM by Vader.
Date: December 30, 2004 07:31AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I read somewhere the other day that it's now believed that people, as a natural instinct, like to alter their state, thus the popularity of alcohol and to an extent, drugs. So, I have no doubt in believing that if you can "do it right", it wouldn't be that big a deal in terms of life shortening.
Date: December 30, 2004 08:06AM
Posted by: Morbid
The point that there are no drugs that could help in F1 is just silly. All the drivers are already pumped up with an ass-kicking potent drug. ALL OF THEM!

Its called adrenaline, and its natural and its in all our bodies. WE make it. That doesn't disqualify it as a drug though. People that suffer drug overdoses get direct injections into the heart with adrenaline to make them snap out of it (anybody watched pulp fiction?).

F1 drivers need this drug. All athletes need it. It sharpens reactions, increases strength, endurance and awareness, dampens pain, and focuses the mind.

But its a chemical, like all other chemicals. A drug. So to think that there isn't any drug, or any other drug that would help in F1 is silly. Of course there is.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 30, 2004 12:15PM
Posted by: marcl
All drivers should be tested before a GP and after it.

If they have taken it there will be no trace at the end of the GP cause they would have sweated it out.
Date: December 30, 2004 12:55PM
Posted by: Pooky
what a load of tosh

absolute crap
Date: December 30, 2004 01:09PM
Posted by: LS.
Morbid Wrote:
> The point that there are no drugs that could help
> in F1 is just silly. All the drivers are already
> pumped up with an ass-kicking potent drug. ALL OF
> THEM!
>
> Its called adrenaline, and its natural and its in
> all our bodies. WE make it. That doesn't
> disqualify it as a drug though. People that suffer
> drug overdoses get direct injections into the
> heart with adrenaline to make them snap out of it
> (anybody watched pulp fiction?).
>
> F1 drivers need this drug. All athletes need it.
> It sharpens reactions, increases strength,
> endurance and awareness, dampens pain, and focuses
> the mind.
>
> But its a chemical, like all other chemicals. A
> drug. So to think that there isn't any drug, or
> any other drug that would help in F1 is silly. Of
> course there is.

I think the point being discussed is about artificially introducing drugs, not naturally occuring drugs

we already know about this, many drivers have a routine before they get into the racecar to help get there heart rates up and focused

DaveEllis Wrote:
> F1 is an endurance sport
>
> No its not. Its a sprint race. As Brundle has
> pointed out when Ferrari often cruise to the line.
>
>
> Yes theres an element of endurance to it,

WTF? total contradiction there, look up what Grand Prix means ;)

in literal terms it might not be up there with a 24 hour race

The main thing i can see is that since this " revelation from an ex Ferrari employee nothing has become of this, the last paragraph says it all

Doping tests amongst Formula One drivers in the past season however did not return a single positive test

when Dope testing is embarked upon, they test for lots of things, some atheletes have come unstuck due to cough medicine because they share some ingrediants that are on the watch list for drug taking, if thats the case then dont you think a drug like cocaine would be in that criteria?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 30, 2004 01:57PM
Posted by: marcl
Drugs were tested in F1 but the drivers had problems doing a wee after a gp due to the fluid loss.

I wonder who the ex ferrari emplyee was speaking about
Date: December 30, 2004 02:49PM
Posted by: Sauber89
@ vader tto carify my earlier post . There just isnt any chance of this being true or to be more specific there isnt any chance of happening during the season. The drivers are randomly tested no one has ever been caught in any form enuropean ased motor sport apart from tomas enge. It's simply not possible in formula 1. Do you really think the teams would employ drivers who were taking it and It's obvious if some one has sorry 4 the essay just putting the point across

Date: December 30, 2004 02:56PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I believe the FIA is going to force Micheal to drop acid a half hour before races next year in a final desperate bid to stop the reds winning.

Date: December 30, 2004 03:01PM
Posted by: LS.
LMAO!!! :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 30, 2004 04:13PM
Pooky Wrote:
> what a load of tosh
>
> absolute crap
>

Now, that's a clever argument and a very witty way of contributing to this thread.

Sauber89 Wrote:
> @ vader tto carify my earlier post . There just
> isnt any chance of this being true or to be more
> specific there isnt any chance of happening during
> the season. The drivers are randomly tested no one
> has ever been caught in any form enuropean ased
> motor sport apart from tomas enge. It's simply not
> possible in formula 1. Do you really think the
> teams would employ drivers who were taking it and
> It's obvious if some one has sorry 4 the essay
> just putting the point across
>

This doesn't convince me at all. It implies that it's a fact that

a) drivers get tested for cocaine
b) teams don't know about doping
c) FIA officals are immune from bribery
d) the FIA has an interest to publish test results that would damage the reputation of F1 and scare sponsors away.

We have no idea what they test when they test, so we can't say that these tests provide us with any data concernng cocaine.

You say it's absolutely impossible, yet you mention Enge yourself. This way you are destroying your own argument and show it's not absolutely impossible.

I think teams would employ these drivers, simply because in 99.9% of all doping cases it's not the athlet alone, but rather his or her team that makes him or her take stuff. Look at cycling.

We have accused the FIA of being corrupt a lot of times before. If this is true, why should it be different in this case?

Face it, F1 is sport like every other sport. If there is doping in all other sports, why should it be impossible in F1?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2004 04:16PM by Vader.
Date: December 30, 2004 04:34PM
Posted by: Morbid
LS. Wrote:
>
>
> I think the point being discussed is about
> artificially introducing drugs, not naturally
> occuring drugs
>
> we already know about this, many drivers have a
> routine before they get into the racecar to help
> get there heart rates up and focused
>

D'uh...

I know. The point was, that if nature can create that drug, and it works so damn well, why shouldn't there be other drugs that would have the same effect, that could be created in a lab.

It was a demonstration of the plausability. It can be done, because it has already been done (albiet, by nature). Whether it is being done, I do not know. But it certainly isn't impossible.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 30, 2004 04:46PM
Posted by: Pooky
no need to rant on like you do vader

its absolute and utter crap

Date: December 30, 2004 05:03PM
Why is it utter crap, Pooky?

Look, I am not saying there is doping in F1, because I have no evidence for that. I just tried to explain - like Morbid - that it's not impossible.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 30, 2004 05:05PM
Posted by: Zcott
Maybe this is the reason you're not forumer of the year, Pooky.

Vader makes some interesting points. When do doping tests happen? The best time to take it would be in the run up to the race. Just drop it in the water bottle and away you go. The drivers are whisked away post-race to weigh-ins and podium ceremonies and press conferences, which gives the cocaine time to wear off.

It's a very easy way of gaining extra performance....and it can be created to wear off after an hour, I suspect.

Date: December 30, 2004 05:17PM
Posted by: Sauber89
You say it's absolutely impossible, yet you mention Enge yourself. This way you are destroying your own argument and show it's not absolutely impossible.

Incorrect i'm not destroyin my argument, am i because it proves they catch cocain users with the drug tests

We have no idea what they test when they test, so we can't say that these tests provide us with any data concernng cocaine.

your destroyin ur critism as enge took COCAINE so think that proves if u take it u get caught

so this story is joke

Date: December 30, 2004 05:22PM
Posted by: villej
A former F1 driver JJ Lehto commented that he can't believe that F1 drivers would use cocaine, then he said that probably this fellow Ferrari employee has some motives to claim that.

I can't believe that F1 drivers would use cocaine too. I can't explain my point well enough, so I just don't explain them then. :)

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: December 30, 2004 05:23PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
"your destroyin ur critism as enge took COCAINE so think that proves if u take it u get caught"

wrong ... if u take it , u MIGHT get caught.
Date: December 30, 2004 05:41PM
Sauber89 Wrote:
> Incorrect i'm not destroyin my argument, am i
> because it proves they catch cocain users with the
> drug tests
>

Now you are incorrect. Who did catch Enge? The FIA? No, he wasn't caught in a FIA doping test, but by the police when he was partying with hookers. That's completely different. Maybe they would catch more offenders if the police was responsible for tests, not the FIA.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2004 05:45PM by Vader.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy