A lot of cocaine in F1

Posted by Vader 
Re: A lot of cocaine in F1
Date: January 03, 2005 05:28AM
Posted by: chrislewis
This article is quite good for an opinion on this topic.

[www.grandprix.com]

Date: January 03, 2005 05:51AM
Posted by: Vader
First of all grandprix.com works together with the FIA so we wouldn't expect them to say "yes, there are drugs", would we?

The other evidence that the claims are wrong is very simple: if there was an advantage to be gained from using cocaine, everyone in F1 would be doing it - not half the grid!

This is a nice argument which can be turned against and used in any direction.

If there was an advantage to be gained from using doping (which is obvioulsy the case), every athlet in serious sports would be doing it - and F1 wouldn't be an exception.

That site is biased and does not come forth with any valid argument.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 03, 2005 05:57AM
kit kat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just remember any drugs is not BIG & it's not
> CLEVER!
>
> how do i know? i have seen what they do to peoples
> lives!
>

What? Make you type in bold and capitals? :p

Honestly - why should there be a wreck at the start and why should they orget to break at first corner? I think you are a bit misinformed about the effect cocaine has on the human body. It does not make you see colours or pink elephants anmd it doesn't blurr your vision or make you drowsy. Cocaine is not pott or heroin. On the contrary - it sharpens your senses, speeds up your reaction and enhances your concentration. If it wasn't for the various side efects (which I am sure sports doctors and drug designers can avoid) cocaine would be THE thing - like coffee or Red Bull, only a zillion times stronger.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 03, 2005 05:59AM
Posted by: chrislewis
To be honest I have never found that site to be biased even when it comes to matters regarding the FIA. Perhaps they might be on some topics but as of yet I haven't found that to be the case.

This however was what interested me as it relates to the argument about the specific use of cocaine. But if it's a biased statement can anyone here prove this theory is wrong?

The F1 medical staff have long been of the opinion that cocaine is not what a driver needs to perform better as the potential gains from the drug (in terms of more focus and concentration) are offset by the likelihood of more mistakes caused by a more excitable state. Similarly other drugs calm down the drivers to such an extent that they are not able to generate the kind of aggression needed.

Date: January 03, 2005 10:19AM
Posted by: Pooky
genesis - i was just trying to argue my point

i am no one, yet i would not risk my job for drugs

so why would the golden boy, the F1 driver risk all that??

he would not.

their is not 1 driver on the grid STUPID enough to take drugs.

anyhow, if they did, it would get around and their F1 rivals would spread it across the globe

i dont think JV would keep it quiet if he found out Schuey was on performance inhancing drugs would he!
Date: January 03, 2005 11:53AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
i am no one, yet i would not risk my job for drugs

so why would the golden boy, the F1 driver risk all that??

Dude, i am not being cheeky but you dont get what we mean! They are NOT taking drugs like "normal" people would. This isnt about taking drugs for fun, its about taking drugs for performance

Some people just dont seem to be reading what is said in here. Yes its not big and its not clever, but these arent normal drugs. These are some crap picked up on a street corner. These are drugs that have gone through extensive testing and then issued by professsionals, who haave also developed ways of counter-acting the drugs bad sides to get the most out of them. The name of the drug doesnt matter because its going to be furher from the street version as chalk is from cheese

But if it's a biased statement can anyone here prove this theory is wrong?

Cocaine is known to shorten reaction times. Whilst its other effects might not be exactly what they want, a shortened reaction time is PERFECT for a sport like F1. Other effects can be dulled wit the use other "drugs". Its all about knowing what your doing, and given F1 has so much money, they easily have enough cash to get someone who knows what they are doing to make it work.

i dont think JV would keep it quiet if he found out Schuey was on performance inhancing drugs would he!

Except if its found for Schumacher to be taking it, then suddenly EVERY driver on the grid is under close supervision which then hurts anyone else whos on it.

Guys can you PLEASE read what is being said here instead of saying "drugs ruin lifes" because what your saying is a totally different subject. These are NOT normal street corner drugs. These are highly developed and tested drugs, issued by people who know EXACTLY what to do and how to counter bad points that the drug creates. Yes, its not good, i dont like drugs either and in a perfect world this would not be an issue but fact is other sports have drug problems, and there currently has been no reason supplied by anyone in this thread on why 1 would be any different to other sports. F1 will not be different becaues its F1. Its a sport like any others

I think it was gui who said some people just seem to have a hard time accepting that there idols arent good littles boys who never put a foot wrong. Have a hard time accepting that they might actually participate in something not legal.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 03, 2005 01:40PM
Posted by: kit kat
Vader

"What? Make you type in bold and capitals?"

so the younger guy's get the message!!

I never said cocaine made you trip? i said they would be sniffing & don't even know there sniffing!! & just by looking at them you would know there on something!

you make cocaine sound if it's a jumped up version of red bull!! this is a class A` drug!! what it does is it gives your brain a 30 min head rush
you think its 30min but lasts for a few hours just that you think you are ok when your still out your face!!

"QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!"

Amd 64 3200+ 939 skt 640kb cache,Asus A8V Deluxe Socket-939 VIA/KT800Pro,Kingston 2X 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz(dual channel),Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB 7200rpm SATA 8MB,200gb Western digital 8mbcache 7200rpm,Radeon 9800 pro 128mb,Soundblaster Audigy2
Date: January 03, 2005 02:03PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
Vader Wrote:
> They know racing is dangerous.
> On the streets, however are not only adults, but
> also kids, that's what makes speeding more
> dangerous. If you fail to see that, you can't be
> helped.
>

What are kids doing walking accross a 110km/hr highway? As if there will be a pedestrian crossing there. And if it's a set of traffic lights, well you'll see them and slow down won't ya!! See, it's called "safe speeding".

EDIT: I start my own topic so I'll stop hijacking this thread.
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2005 02:08PM by Dizzoau.
Date: January 03, 2005 02:23PM
kit kat Wrote:
> Vader
>
> "What? Make you type in bold and capitals?"
>
> so the younger guy's get the message!!
>
> I never said cocaine made you trip? i said they
> would be sniffing & don't even know there
> sniffing!! & just by looking at them you would
> know there on something!
>
> you make cocaine sound if it's a jumped up version
> of red bull!! this is a class A` drug!! what it
> does is it gives your brain a 30 min head rush
> you think its 30min but lasts for a few hours just
> that you think you are ok when your still out your
> face!!
>

That's normal cocaine. As we said F1 drivers would not take normal stuff you can buy on the streets, but sepcially designed drugs.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 03, 2005 03:28PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
what are the side effects of taking cocaine? if they speed up reactions and so forth then why is it illegal? speeding up reactions is a good thng. for the normal guy i mean not sports people. obviously they would gan an advantage over others and can be called a driver aid :)

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2005 03:30PM by rapid_f1.
Date: January 03, 2005 03:35PM
Posted by: LS.

Attention was first brought to the deadly lure of white cocaine-powdered drugs earlier last year following the revelation that Eastenders star, Daniella Westbrook (left) had completely destroyed her nasal septum through her abuse, leaving her with only one nostril and an otherwise rather forlorn expression. Newspapers and television news weighed in with coverage every day for a while.

GardaĆ­ reported a slight dip in cocaine sales and consumption following Westbrook's nose but a short time later, a marked increase in use among PR professionals, impressed by her cross-media splashage and intrigued by the gaping nose-hole's fashion possibilities, was revealed.

Snorting their futures up the face
The look, named the 'Westbrook', is achieved through excessive cocaine use simply dissolving away the piece of tissue separating the two nostrils, leaving just one visually striking 'uninostril'. Asked to comment on why this trend has spread through Dublin society, Jimmy 'The Smack-Tsar' O'Shaughnessy, co-ordinator of club-culture anti-drugs scheme Just Say Bo!, said "it's got everything to do with money - how much you can spend, how much coke you can do and how big you can get your nostril. It's a status symbol, like telling the world, "I'm looking down my huge smell-cyclops at you"."

Reaction has been swift. The trend has been condemned as a health hazard by Health Board officials, worried that increased volume of runny-nose fluid will leak unimpeded onto pavements during winter, causing nauseating, hip-smashing accidents.

However, despite health warnings from the state, Just Say Bo! and Concerned Mothers of Ireland Action!!, youths and their associates are actively ignoring all press-related material. The Smack-Tsar summed it up when he ashamedly noted "it's just a typical example of no nose is good nose".

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2005 03:36PM by LS..
Date: January 03, 2005 05:53PM
i know exactly what you meant dave

it is laughable, and shows your innocence and lack of experience in the world that you 'believe' theese performance enhancing drugs have been tests by 'professionals' and 'experts'

i think vader will understand what i mean here. dont believe these people are professionals just because they deal in drugs or have lots of letters after their names
Date: January 03, 2005 06:00PM
Posted by: Zcott
Since you're an expert in life and life-related things, Pooky, what's the difference between a drug and a performance-enhancing substance?

Date: January 03, 2005 06:28PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
cant cocaine be taken in a tablet or something?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: January 03, 2005 06:32PM
Posted by: Zcott
Probably. Or it can be snorted, or you could probably develop some kind of cocaine to be put in a drink.

Date: January 03, 2005 06:59PM
Posted by: LS.
Zcott Wrote:
> Since you're an expert in life and life-related
> things, Pooky, what's the difference between a
> drug and a performance-enhancing substance?
>
>

Bit harsh there mate, theres a few people on here that comment could be levelled at :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: January 03, 2005 07:09PM
Zcott Wrote:
> Probably. Or it can be snorted, or you could
> probably develop some kind of cocaine to be put
> in a drink.
>

It usually gets absorbed by the mucous membranes. It doesn't necessarily has to be the nose, it can be taken orally, inhaled or taken rectally - as long as their are mucosae, it's fine. And if not, it can also be injected directly into the bloodstream.

Btw, cocaine is not a chemical drug. It's the extract from the leaves of the coca plant, more precisely it's found in the alkaloid in the plant. It is every bit as natural as, say, tea leaves, only the effect is different.

The side effects of cocaine are (amongst others) is that it leads to depressions, cardiovascular diseases and affection of the muscosa.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2005 07:10PM by Vader.
Date: January 03, 2005 07:22PM
just to add 'laughable' was a bit harsh by me hehe
Date: January 03, 2005 07:24PM
Even more harsh, your siggy has 20873 bytes - 393 bytes too many.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 03, 2005 07:37PM
i wondered when that would be seen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy