A lot of cocaine in F1

Posted by Vader 
Re: A lot of cocaine in F1
Date: January 08, 2005 04:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
no, you are not even reading my posts now. "Once again" is used because i seemed to have explained this more than once, not to say you have used the word more than once

Posted by: LS. (IP Logged)
Date: January 8, 2005 02:18AM

Until it is proved that F1 drivers have taken drugs to enhance any performance this thread is irrelevant.

Date: January 8, 2005 02:31AM

yeah of course we can speculate

I have noticed you are rather good at backing yourself into corners, and then getting a little angry and personal on the way out, so im going to leave this part of the discussion where it is as your whole point seems to be "without proof we cant talk about stuff, unless its a subject i like of course"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2005 04:51PM by DaveEllis.
Date: January 08, 2005 04:57PM
Posted by: LS.
> Date: January 8, 2005 02:31AM
>
> yeah of course we can speculate

That was in response to you asking wether you could speculate, and i replied yes, that was taken out of context

and what do you mean about getting angry and personal? where i have i done either of these?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2005 05:00PM by LS..
Date: January 11, 2005 06:03PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Well, I suppose most of us have seen the article where the doctor states he was misquoted and he meant it would be perhaps possible to take performance enhacing substances - cocaine-like substances.
Date: January 12, 2005 06:21PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yep, i read that on teletext.

but being 'quoted' as saying "a third of drivers take cocaine before a race" and then revealing you actually said "its possible it can happen" are 2 very different things.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 12, 2005 06:24PM
FIA medical delegate Sid Watkins has laughed off suggestions that some F1 drivers could take cocaine before races.

Benigno Bartoletti, a former doctor with Ferrari, alleged that as many as a third of F1 drivers could take the drug to speed up reaction times and give them a feeling of invincibility.

But Watkins says he has never found any evidence to support the claims.

He told Autosport magazine:

LS's Tip of the week
Date: January 12, 2005 06:31PM

Date: January 12, 2005 07:20PM
Interesting how the press are asking different questions to what was said before isnt it?

cocaine-like substances.

That changes the whole argument

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 12, 2005 07:44PM
Posted by: Pooky
another thing sid says,

is that why would an F1 driver - who spends so much time and effort being as fit as possible,

why would he take a drug that has negative effects on the body????
Date: January 12, 2005 07:57PM
It doesnt have negative effects on the body. It has negative effects on the body when not taken in the correct qualitties, and its alaso perfectly possible that the negative effects can be countered by the use of other (possibly legal) drugs. As has been said, alot of drug users are able to counter side effects by using other drugs in the correct dosage. The result is the good side of a drug, without the downside. You have to know what your doing to achive this of course, which is why its more probably for F1 - theres enough money going about to have someone who knows what they are doing

Again, im not saying they are definatly doing it. Certainly not, i would like to think they are not. But the possibility is most definatly there, especailly with medical advances in the last 20 years

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 13, 2005 01:05AM
exactly.

as has been said countless times in this thread, if, and its a big IF they were to take cocaine, or similar, it would not be the heavily-cut version found on the street, (which is probably less than 5% pure, and mainly made up of drain cleaner etc etc) it would be a heavily refined/purified version, and with all the money washing around in F1, there is easily the possibility that someone somewhere would know how to make it pure, and eliminate or counteract the side-effects.

Date: January 13, 2005 01:33AM
Thing is that in F1 you could in theory take any drug you like, if the cars not up to lasting a race or competitive theres not really an incentive to take drugs anyway

its not like an athlete who is recovering from a muscle injury or needs steroids to help him, its the car that does the job at the end of the day, its the driver that has to have the stamina to finish the race, i cant see how any drug could help acheive that, nearly every drug has a downside after the initial effect.

i think prof watkins sums it up pretty good when he says Look, we

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2005 01:34AM by LS..
Date: January 13, 2005 01:47AM
Posted by: Vader
I am not sure about that - if yoa driver takes a drug that does supress fear I think he would more likely try to overtake instead of holding back. I am not saying that all hazardous manoeuvres have been done under the influence of drugs - still it might explain why some drivers seem to be emotionless or fearless.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 13, 2005 02:16AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
or just plain stupid...aka sato.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: January 13, 2005 02:30AM
Thing is that in F1 you could in theory take any drug you like, if the cars not up to lasting a race or competitive theres not really an incentive to take drugs anyway

By this logic you can say "why bother training? The cars not holding up, what use am i?"

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 13, 2005 10:15AM
oh your back again are you ;)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: January 13, 2005 04:33PM
still it might explain why some drivers seem to be emotionless or fearless.

MS and Sato???:)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy