A lot of cocaine in F1

Posted by Vader 
Re: A lot of cocaine in F1
Date: December 30, 2004 06:02PM
Posted by: Team CLR
<<FIA officals are immune from bribery>>

NOBODY IS IMMUNE greed can be a very bad thing, so i'ts quite possible that high rolling teams/drivers could get away with it (if does happen)
Date: December 30, 2004 06:09PM
Posted by: Sauber89
[www.globalf1.net]
Well thats just a tiny exapmle you cant make up events he was caught by the fia simple as

Date: December 30, 2004 07:25PM
Posted by: Pooky
lol yeah sorry vader i was a bit short with you their no harm meant - but i know you know that as your an adult

i just think it is rubbish

no way in hell would a professional driver at the highest level in motor racing get away with taking cocaine or any performance inhancing drug

it would be catasphropic for the team / sponsors / bernie and F1 in general if they were caught and i believe no team or driver would be stupid enough to risk their seat or livelihood
Date: December 30, 2004 07:50PM
Posted by: Vader
You should expect that no team is stupid enough to do something like Austria or USA 2002 - still they do.

As far as Enge is concerned, I think I mixed him up with Scheckter incident. Anyway, this is F3000 and not F1 were teams have more power, influence and money to let doping be developed and where temas and FIA have more interest to cover up things.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 30, 2004 07:52PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
WTF? total contradiction there, look up what Grand Prix means

It is French and translates as "Big Prize" (or Big Price as some transltion books and sites give, but in terms of motorsports its Big Prize) so i fail to see with what you are talking about, especailly when Martin Brundle himself called F1 a sprint event

And secondly that does not make my point any less valid. there IS drugs out there with improve endurance, not just concentration and these are NOT the kind of drugs you can buy from dodgy looking dudes on a street corner.

I see no reason why F1 drivers and teams would not be on these as its well known that almost every sport has suffered from drug problems at one point or another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 30, 2004 08:02PM
Posted by: Muks_C
just a couple of points from me.

@ Dave, when LS said F1 is an endurance sport, I think he meant that it was the endurance of the human body to carry out the same actions for a prolonged period of time. The actual race itself is a completely different matter. Yes the actual race is a sprint, or should be if there is competition for the win, where every lap is as fast as safely possible.

but for the body, it is an endurance event. I'm knackered after 15 mins of go-karting, so imagine doing it for 1.5 hours with all the heat and g-forces.

secondly, cocaine can be detected in head hair for up to a few weeks after use, so the FIA could take hair clippings or pluck a few hairs at every event. so it wouldn't matter if they coulnd't have a urination if they were dehydrated after a race.

thirdly, as far as I know and have studied about cocaine, its effect won't last for more than an hour or so, even less if taken intraveinously, because its effect comes quicker and more intensely, but last only 10 mins or so.

but orally it would take effect slower, and last longer, for maybe a maximum of an hour.

personally, I don't think any driver would agree to take a type of drug like cocaine to enhance performance. sure they would take all the legal stimulants in their energy drinks, but drugs? I don't believe they would. but you never know.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 30, 2004 08:22PM
Posted by: Pooky
vader comparing team orders to drivers taking cocaine is a bit silly really
Date: December 30, 2004 08:27PM
Not really. You say they wouldnt do it cos its silly, well so its team orders for the reasons you mentioned. Sponsors for example. The effect is the same. Bad publicity.

So far nobody has actually presented any reason to say why F1 would differ from other sports when it comes to drugs. Nobody is saying "YES THERE IS 100% DRUGGIES IN THE CARS", but we are saying "well, why not? Why is it different" and so far people are just saying "because its stupid". Thats not an answer.

@ Dave, when LS said F1 is an endurance sport, I think he meant that it was the endurance of the human body to carry out the same actions for a prolonged period of time.

My point still stands. Whether you look at it as endurance or not, the fact is there is certainly drugs out there which improve endurance.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 30, 2004 08:51PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah, but i was just clearing up the contradiction, of whether f1 is endurance or not. the race should be a sprint, but its certainly endurance for the body, and whether there are drugs which help endurance apart from the supplements they take, i wasn't disputing they could exist and could be being used.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 30, 2004 09:29PM
Posted by: Vader
All we do is pointing out that drugs/doping are possible in F1. Why do people have to react so aggressive? There is no need to call what others say "crap" and "bollocks". If you want to join a discussion please post arguments or at least explain your opnion. Typing "that's a load of bollocks" is just a waste of bandwidth since it doesn't contribute to the discussion. I know forums where such posts get deleted.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 30, 2004 10:50PM
Posted by: LS.
This whole topic is all about speculation based on an EX employee of ferrari, and seeing as theres no evidence to backup this speculation you have to accept it as it stands at the moment.

Thomas Enges case was found to be Cannabis, which certainly aint performance enhancing by any extreme

They have random drug testing in F1 and the fact is nothing has come up regarding performance enhancing illegal drugs

what ever (if ever anything)is taken to help a drivers performance it certainly is'nt a prohibited substance

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2004 10:51PM by LS..
Date: December 30, 2004 10:53PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
All we do is pointing out that drugs/doping are possible in F1

who's saying it isnt possible?

Not really. You say they wouldnt do it cos its silly, well so its team orders for the reasons you mentioned. Sponsors for example. The effect is the same. Bad publicity.

now thats just being silly. austrai 2002 is a distant memeory. no-one thinks about it anymore. but if he was caught with cocaine you think hed still be around today?

considering we dont know what the proocedures for fia testing are, we are all just guessing. let this employee prersent his findings.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: December 30, 2004 11:01PM
This whole topic is all about speculation based on an EX employee of ferrari, and seeing as theres no evidence to backup this speculation you have to accept it as it stands at the moment.

Read what is being said. Nobody is saying there IS drugs in F1, we are saying there MIGHT be, whilst others have actually said "load of bollocks" "tosh" and "absolute crap"

now thats just being silly.

No, its not being silly, and i have proved its not silly by making you reply without you having a real answer. why is it silly?

Like it or not, both give bad publicity. If they are prepared to what they did before i see no reason why drugs are any different

FACT: F1 teams HAVE cheated before
FACT: Drugs are used illegaly in alot of sports

Now, since F1 teams have cheated before, and drugs ARE used in other sports illegal can anyone give me ONE good reason why it is IMPOSSIBLE for F1 drivers to be taking performance enhancing drugs?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2004 11:01PM by DaveEllis.
Date: December 30, 2004 11:35PM
Posted by: LS.
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Read what is being said. Nobody is saying there IS
> drugs in F1, we are saying there MIGHT be, whilst
> others have actually said "load of bollocks"
> "tosh" and "absolute crap"
>
>

What are you basing these premises that there "might" be drugs in F1?

simply by tying together 2 seperate examples together does'nt mean a thing

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 30, 2004 11:38PM
NO-ONE IS SAYING ITS IMPOSSBLE!!!!!!!! i dont know where you got that notion from.

and i have proved its not silly by making you reply without you having a real answer.

austrai 2002 is a distant memeory. no-one thinks about it anymore. but if he was caught with cocaine you think hed still be around today?

its silly because you are trying to equate austrai 200 events and such like to taking cocaine. if i was a sponsor i know which one id rather have to deal with. you do sound childish at times davellis. you do it to provoke reaction im sure. and i know youve been here longer than me, yes yes i thought id get it in before you did.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2004 11:40PM by rapid_f1.
Date: December 30, 2004 11:40PM
Posted by: Zcott
Whilst those facts don't state outright that F1 drivers take drugs, they certainly don't say that F1 drivers don't take drugs. Although they're quite seperate facts, you can tie them together and say that "well, F1 teams have been known to cheat, and so why shouldn't they be cheating using drugs? They seem to cheat in every other way!"

Date: December 30, 2004 11:41PM
this is all speculation and non productive.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: December 30, 2004 11:44PM
Posted by: Zcott
That's pretty much what forums are about during the off-season...and even during the season...

Date: December 30, 2004 11:45PM
i dont know where you got that notion from.

Posted by: Sauber89 (IP Logged)
Date: December 29, 2004 10:57PM

This is the biggest load of bollocks iv ever read

Posted by: Pooky (IP Logged)
Date: December 30, 2004 12:55PM

what a load of tosh

absolute crap

----------------------------

i LOVE this threa. Why? Because its FUNNEH!

Basicly how its going is "Nobody sai your right! Respect my opinion!"
"BUT IM RIGHT, SO STFU"

FANTASTICLY funneh!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 31, 2004 12:06AM
Posted by: Sauber89
Posted by: Sauber89 (IP Logged)
Date: December 29, 2004 10:57PM

This is the biggest load of bollocks iv ever read

lol cheers basically i just dont think you can make claim with evidence sorry 4 poor wording i wont do so again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy