iRacing

Posted by NeilPearson 
Re: iRacing
Date: March 17, 2009 07:28PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
No point in putting in my email. It only works for 3 month subscribers.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 17, 2009 07:33PM
Posted by: mika19b
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Before you throw your money away....
>
> Free 1-month trial:
> [theracingline.net]
> 0
>
> if that doesn't work,
> [www.radicalsportscars.com]
> cing and PM Dave for his e-mail so you can enter
> in the field for who recommended you ;-).

Thank's alot mate! :)

So iRacing has fixed the $0 problem on this and shouldn't ruin my card?
Date: March 17, 2009 07:36PM
Shouldn't ruin the card even if it wasn't fixed. The reason for it was some UK cards didn't allow $0 authrorisations, and therefore blocked iRacing. Everything else worked. After some fiddling (thank Ian Woollam of this forum for helping iRacing) they got it to work.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 17, 2009 07:38PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Shouldn't ruin the card even if it wasn't fixed.
> The reason for it was some UK cards didn't allow
> $0 authrorisations, and therefore blocked iRacing.
> Everything else worked. After some fiddling (thank
> Ian Woollam of this forum for helping iRacing)
> they got it to work.

Thank's for info Dave :)

Off to get my trial lol...
Date: March 17, 2009 07:39PM
Posted by: sasjag
does take a couple of days for thr trial code to come through btw

i suggest you use that time to say goodbye to loved ones and co-workers, since they wont be seeing you again

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 17, 2009 07:42PM
sasjag Wrote:
> does take a couple of days for thr trial code to
> come through btw
>
> i suggest you use that time to say goodbye to
> loved ones and co-workers, since they wont be
> seeing you again

Thats ok im in no rush to get it :)

Haha! *iRacing trial comes through - locks self in room*
Date: March 17, 2009 07:51PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Mine came immediately :P.

Dave, if the people trying out end up subscribing won't that help you?
Date: March 17, 2009 08:03PM
Nope. If anyone wants to stick in my email address as a referrer then daveellis0808@gmail.com. Can't hurt, but probably won't do anything.

The reason the trial takes awhile to come sometimes is Tim has to do them manually (as you probably seen him say on the TRL forum Gui)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 08:04PM by DaveEllis.
Date: March 18, 2009 11:12AM
Posted by: sasjag
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Nope. If anyone wants to stick in my email address
> as a referrer then daveellis0808@gmail.com. Can't
> hurt, but probably won't do anything.

according to the site you're still eligible to go into the prize draws but you dont get credit back

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 18, 2009 09:03PM
Joined iRacing ok :)

I put your email in anyway Dave.

So far so good with iRacing, only thing I hate is when someone spin's in front of you and you cant avoid them!

It still say's car contact (X4) :(
Date: March 19, 2009 05:26AM
Posted by: gav
That's the negative part of the rookie class - you end up with people who are either in the same boat as you (only just joined) or a bit crap. If you're not the one causing accidents then you'll inevitably end up with a higher safety rating than those who are, and move forward. With each class you do move forward in there is a measurable decrease in accidents, at least in the road category - no idea about ovals. Some of the Formula Mazda races are so close, hard fought and yet clean that it's astonishing.

You just have to ride the early bit and concentrate on your own safety rating, not on the effect others have on it, as really that's all that counts when moving forward in class. :)
Date: March 19, 2009 06:35AM
Posted by: Peat
*Just as a warning, if you dont intend of subscribing fully after the trial expires, be sure to untick the 'auto-subscribe' box in your control panel, otherwise they just charge you automatically and theres seeminglt naff all you can do about it.

Other than that, great sim. Great feel, great graphics, just far too pricey and requires too much time invested to progress up the licence scales.

Date: March 19, 2009 02:24PM
First thing I did when I signed up was to make sure I removed the automatic renewal :P. They give you $2.50 with that trial but that can is enough to buy only 1/6 of a track!
Date: March 19, 2009 07:16PM
They give you money for a free trial and you still complain! [this forum needs a rolleyes smiley]

For the record, the longer your subscription period, the more credits you get, so if you sign up for a year you can get something like an extra car and 2 tracks as I remember. The credits are then scaled back if you subscribe for less time.

Free credits for a free trial aren't bad though! It's just a shame you can't use them on your cracked offline-only game, Gui. [seriously - rolling eyes are necessary!]
Date: March 19, 2009 08:06PM
ooo touchy there, eh Gav? I got the torrent to have a go at the game, as a demo. I ran it for about 3 days. I got the trial, ran it 4 days (days of use, not total time for both), uninstalled and deleted everything iRacing from my computer.

I thought it was a bit pointless to give $2.50, makes no difference as far as I know since tracks and some cars are 15,20, and 25 dollars. If you sign up for a whole year it comes down to maybe 8 dollars a month after subtracting the ingame money they give you, versus the 20 dollars per month on a month-to-month basis. The same way you have your opinion on the issue regarding prices, I have mine and I don't give you any attitude for you being a member so I expect you to give me the same fair treatment.
Date: March 19, 2009 09:13PM
Touchy? Nah. Just rather disbelieving that you get something for nothing, but still moan about it.

They give you money so that if you do take it up on a more long-term basis, you've got something. Like I said, it's a sliding scale. It's better than getting nothing. You could almost buy a beer for that!

It's like gift vouchers... chances are you'll struggle to get anything with them, but you'll keep it anyway just in case you do one day. ;)
Date: March 20, 2009 02:37AM
Haha, I did look everywhere to see if the $2.50 was of any use but it just wasn't possible to use it for anything there :P. I tried iRacing and I liked how realistic it felt but just wasn't attracted to the car and track variety, really wish it was more reasonable.

Also, try going to your pub and ordering a drink and telling the guy to check his e-mail for payment ;).
Date: March 20, 2009 11:12AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
So if somebody charges £100 for a loaf of bread but says you can have 1 bite for free then they are automatically a saint...

H E L L O
Date: March 20, 2009 06:29PM
Well no, but that is silly reasoning.

You can criticise them for charging lots of money. But you can't criticise them for giving credits for free.

There are PLENTY of reasons to dislike iRacing. I've posted about 95% of them myself. But giving credits for free? How can that be spun badly.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 21, 2009 06:38PM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Well, i simply can't afford this game, but the free trial sounds promising. Been playing race sims since i first got my hands on a pc (when i was 6), 14 years later am still going.

However, do you need a steering wheel? I unfortunately broke my old creative one (playing Monaco on GP4 incidently). Right now i cant buy a new one, so am guessing iRacing is out of bounds till i do?

Looks like great fun though

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy