iRacing

Posted by NeilPearson 
Re: iRacing
Date: August 21, 2009 04:06PM
Posted by: smorr
Wait, the start and the Turn one incident must've been on different laps - thats what I was talking about ;) Either how did those guys manage to disappear from that incident (Even though they were behind it going into T1 with cars logically glued to the inside) or the incident mustve been on a different lap, no?

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: August 21, 2009 04:13PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
In the first shot the red/black #15 which started the accident was directly behind me. The white/black #7 is not visible in the first picture, it is behind and on the right hand side, off the edge of the pic. The grey/black #16 in the accident picture is behind me, near the pit exit cones in the first shot. The #19 Italian car isn't visible isn't visible in the first sot.(don't confuse this with the other blue italian car with a different stripe in the first shot). The Black with white stripes #23 in the accident shot is just creeping into the first shot in the top right hand side.

The Gulf car and the Green Atlantic car from the first shot stayed behind me, but ahead of the accident, so weren't involved. The Orange and Blue car in the first shot, right at the back slowed down around the outside and missed the accident.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 21, 2009 04:43PM
Ahhh that clears that up.

Date: August 22, 2009 03:52PM
[www.iracing.com]

Dallara and Indy announced.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 22, 2009 06:38PM
Posted by: chet
Cool.
Wilson will get to drive his own car ;)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 22, 2009 09:30PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.iracing.com]
>
> Dallara and Indy announced.

Ahhhh crap. So, being newer to the whole shebang, which class will it fall under, road or oval? Could this be the first mixed course series (To the best of my knowledge).

That is something that very much so interests me. Imagine qualy at Indy in the quality that they produce, laying the wing back at Indy shall be legitimately scary.

I think this next season shall be the start of a different iRacing- it seems that they wanted to get the oval cars out of the way (As there are not to terribly many types of oval cars, Heck, the Late Models are nearly the same cross country here), so it seems now their getting to more specialized cars.

Date: August 23, 2009 08:43AM

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 26, 2009 10:18PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: September 02, 2009 08:33AM

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 02, 2009 01:37PM
Posted by: chet
That is amazing detail.

Whilst watching the MotoGP I noticed they changed the infield from F1. Looks cool.

Grass detail is awesome!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 02, 2009 04:34PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Looks incredible!

chet Wrote:
> Whilst watching the MotoGP I noticed they changed
> the infield from F1. Looks cool.

Yes, and it looks like this is the version being made for iRacing.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 02, 2009 04:57PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Yeh, the ''chicane which was one of the last corners before coming onto the ovall straight in f1 is changed right? First it was more like 2 hairpins after each other, now its a real proper chicane. And ofcourse the new first section build for MotoGP. Looks nice though, to pricey for me but hey, if you have the money I can see why you play it :)

Date: September 03, 2009 08:22AM
Yes, and it looks like this is the version being made for iRacing.

iRacing scans the track with sharks with frickin' laser beams, so only the new layouts are available. No historical tracks can be done by them unfortunately. Lime Rock has been changed significantly since iRacing scanned it though, so we still have the old version. iRacing rescanned VIR when they resurfaced the first section.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 03, 2009 06:46PM
iRacing scans the track with sharks with frickin' laser beams

Truer words have never been spoken ;)

[British mode]By golly James, that one looks a craker![/British mode]

Shame you wont notice the amazing texturing when flying by at ~220 MPH.

Date: September 03, 2009 08:01PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> iRacing scans the track with sharks with frickin'
> laser beams, so only the new layouts are
> available.

Yes, i thought that would be the case. Although, its no big loss not having the F1 circuit there!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 03, 2009 11:00PM
Posted by: gav
The F1 circuit doesn't exist. If F1 returns to Indy, then it'll be using the new MotoGP layout for that part of the track... so you could get to drive before the F1 drivers do. ;)
Date: September 04, 2009 01:00AM
Aimed at NR2003 and GPL users.

Skip Barber Formula 2000 + Virginia International Raceway + Basic content (Pontiac Solstice, Legends Ford ‘34 Coupe, SCCA Spec Racer Ford, Lanier National Speedway, Lime Rock Park, Oxford Plains Speedway, Summit Point Raceway, South Boston Speedway, Lowe’s Motor Speedway and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca)

To claim your free first month new account ‘SB2000+VIR’ version, go here, use promo code: PR-GPL
[iracing.com]

or

Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Late Model + Martinsville + Basic content

To claim your free first month new account ‘LM+Marty’ version, go here, use promo code: PR-NR2003
[iracing.com]

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 04, 2009 04:08AM
I just hate how they do that. I plunk down the money for the skippy, a week and a half later they make a trial with it and a track that is more usable. Darn. Oh well, still a great deal with any of the trials.

Date: September 04, 2009 09:35PM
gav Wrote:
> The F1 circuit doesn't exist. If F1 returns to
> Indy, then it'll be using the new MotoGP layout
> for that part of the track... so you could get to
> drive before the F1 drivers do. ;)

Not sure about that, there isn't really any decent overtaking opportunities (for F1 cars at least) on that version of the track.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 04, 2009 11:07PM
Posted by: gav
There'll be the same overtaking part as in previous years. The rest of the F1 track can be the same I believe - only the switch-back hairpins have been changed (and they were awful, so that's hardly a bad thing).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy