Top Gear Presenter Richard Hammond Injured

Posted by intweb 
Top Gear Presenter Richard Hammond Injured
Date: September 20, 2006 10:04PM
Posted by: intweb
From Yahoo.co.uk

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond has been injured in an accident while filming an edition of the programme, the BBC said.
Hammond, who often drives high-performance cars as part of presenting the show, has been taken to hospital following the incident at an airfield near York.
A BBC spokeswoman said: "The incident happened quite recently and the focus of our attention is on Richard at this stage. "We will make further details known as soon as they are available."
Inspector Mike Thompson, of North Yorkshire Police, said officers were dealing with the incident at the airfield north-east of York.
He said: "At 5.45pm (on Wednesday) evening we received a report via the fire service of a male person trapped in what was described as an overturned jet car which had been driven on the airfield.
"The male occupant has received serious injuries and has been airlifted to hospital at Leeds."
He said no further details were available at this time.

From BBC.co.uk

Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming for the programme.
The presenter, 36, was taken by air ambulance to a Leeds hospital which has a special neurological unit.
A North Yorkshire Ambulance Service spokesman said he was unconscious when they got to the scene but was regaining consciousness at the hospital.
A BBC spokesman confirmed the presenter had been injured during a shoot.
Top Gear presenter hurt in crash
Date: September 20, 2006 10:06PM
Posted by: skel
[news.bbc.co.uk]

"Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash in a jet-powered car while filming for the programme."

Thats all we know so far. Lets just hope he's ok. Who would drive the dampervan?

-------------------------------------------------------
SKEL

You can accuse a person of just about anything and get away with it, as long as you don't call them a lousy lover or bad driver. -Jackie Stewart
Re: Top Gear presenter hurt in crash
Date: September 20, 2006 10:11PM
Posted by: Muks_C
oh no, i hope he isn't in danger or anything. one of the nicest blokes on tv.

EDIT: sorry, didn't notice the other thread with more info was posted before this one.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2006 10:14PM by Muks_C.
Date: September 20, 2006 10:22PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please let him be ok he's such a great guy

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 20, 2006 10:22PM
Posted by: MarcA
He is a great guy, and the three of them make Top Gear what it is as a team... Get better soon Richard!

Date: September 20, 2006 10:24PM
Just looked on here, clicky!...

And it says "died September 20, 2006"!

So hope it isn't true!

Date: September 20, 2006 10:25PM
OMG @#$%& OFF! aint true

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 20, 2006 10:25PM
It might be, read the "Death" bit.

Oh dear. Please be false, please be false.

Date: September 20, 2006 10:28PM
there aint no death bit?

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: September 20, 2006 10:29PM
It has been deleted, it said he had gone into cardiac arrest and they could not get him back at 20:49. Hope it's not true.

Date: September 20, 2006 10:35PM
Posted by: kizz360
hamster!!!

Date: September 20, 2006 10:43PM
I would doubt that wiki posts could be relied upon that soon after the supposed time of the incident, especially before any major news site. Anyone can write anything on wiki. Lets just hope he's ok.

SKEL

You can accuse a person of just about anything and get away with it, as long as you don't call them a lousy lover or bad driver. -Jackie Stewart
Date: September 20, 2006 10:45PM
Posted by: Lemming
Date: September 20, 2006 10:45PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
skel is correct, wikipedia is open source and possibly one of the worst places to get your information from, particularly for coursework as i found out for my AS hehe

anywho, hope he recovers soon, sounds like a nasty incident
Date: September 20, 2006 10:52PM
When I first read a story I didn't realise it was quite so critical and my first thoughts were the impact that it might have on the show :( Feel quite bad now.

SKEL

Date: September 20, 2006 11:07PM
Posted by: mwb
Lets hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Date: September 20, 2006 11:17PM
Posted by: FRESCO
Get well soon Hammond :( :( :(

Re: Top Gear Presenter Richard Hammond Injured
Date: September 20, 2006 11:35PM
Posted by: markko
Merged the threads. Fingers crossed for him folks, such a great guy and presenter.
Date: September 20, 2006 11:36PM
I'm hearing rumours that he's in a coma. absolutely nothing solid to back it up mind. Let me check news 24.

SKEL

Re: Top Gear Presenter Richard Hammond Injured
Date: September 20, 2006 11:38PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Been out for the night watching the footie. Just returned and found out about this. Hope he is OK as can be and gets well soon. I agree with the others, the Top Gear team is just brilliant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy