Top Gear Presenter Richard Hammond Injured

Posted by intweb 
Re: Top Gear Presenter Richard Hammond Injured
Date: September 29, 2006 08:34PM
Posted by: gary42
Yeah Muks, that sounds like a haematoma, which could happen with Hamster's injury - but in a different way (your Uncle was probably just due to old age, rather than any serious injury).

What I don't get is, when people like the Thrust SSC lot try to set a world record, they're hailed as 'British heroes' and all that claptrap - why is Hamster any different?

Date: September 29, 2006 08:50PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ LS, no, he is known to terrorise the Wembley ares in his 1998 Honda Civic driving at 27 mph and stopping suddenly, and putting the handbrake on before the car has even stopped. you don't need to go on a scary rollercoaster if you've been a passenger with him. my sister even sent me a text when she went to visit them, saying "he's driving...i'm scared..."

@ Gary, because people are morons. they all get the impression he had no safety precautions and was doing this in a wreckless, boy-racer kind of way.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2006 08:51PM by Muks_C.
Date: September 29, 2006 09:17PM
Posted by: danm
random fact alert, my uncle was the one selected to pilot the thrust SSC in the late 90s or whenever it was - except he had a harrier plane crash in taunton, somerset and sadly was killed with his co-pilot.

Thats why Andy Green got the nod.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 31, 2006 01:22PM
James May is on This Morning, he says Richard is well and the new TG should be on in January.

he said he and JC were at the MPH show, and they made a lot of jokes about Richard, which they would only do if they knew he was ok.

Date: October 31, 2006 04:04PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Good news!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 31, 2006 05:44PM
Posted by: LS.
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> James May is on This Morning, he says Richard is
> well and the new TG should be on in January.
>
> he said he and JC were at the MPH show, and they
> made a lot of jokes about Richard, which they
> would only do if they knew he was ok.

BBC Website of Top Gear is also back up and uk gold were running the Top Gear repeats at the weekend also

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 31, 2006 08:37PM
Posted by: gav
The Beeb themselves ran a Best of Top Gear last Saturday on BBC3.
Date: November 01, 2006 12:10AM
yeah TG has been on a few sky channels for the past couple of weeks, and Brainiac repeats have also been on for a couple of weeks.

Date: November 01, 2006 10:31PM
Posted by: mikef1
Heard TG will be back on the screens in January, too long to wait for me :(
Date: November 01, 2006 11:35PM
Posted by: Red Sam
tbh I'd rather wait till January, make sure Hamster is properly recovered, and also that the programme isnt mucked about in the Christmas schedules.

Don't forget, his recovery time needs to be long enough so that he can do filming for the series after that - January will soon creep up!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: January 19, 2007 12:50AM
Posted by: matt3454
Pictures of hammonds crash are on the bbc site:

Look at his helmet. That looks very much like the stigs.

Hammond is the stig?

doubt it ;)

Date: January 22, 2007 02:54PM
cool.

about the debate whether or not they should show the crash, i think there is no reason why they shouldn't. if he had been badly unjured or killed, then it's a different story, but he seems ok and of course everyone is curious to see what exactly happened, so i think they should show it.

Date: January 22, 2007 03:40PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cool.
>
> about the debate whether or not they should show
> the crash, i think there is no reason why they
> shouldn't. if he had been badly unjured or killed,
> then it's a different story, but he seems ok and
> of course everyone is curious to see what exactly
> happened, so i think they should show it.

i think most doctors would say that we was badly injured lol

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: January 22, 2007 03:49PM
yeah but he's recovered. he's not missing limbs or paralyzed in a wheelchair or cabbaged in the head. in those circumstances they might not want to show it. but he's pretty much normal (apart from his new-found Rainman skills), so i think it's ok to show it.

Date: January 22, 2007 04:15PM
Posted by: danm
im an excellent driver. yeah. charlie babbit. yeah.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: January 27, 2007 07:16PM
it's on tomorrow at 8pm!!!

get yourself in the mood by doing their Stupidly Hard Quiz: [www.bbc.co.uk]

make sure your speakers are on so you can hear JC's praise and insults when you get a question right or wrong.

Date: January 28, 2007 03:42AM
Here's what to look out for this week:

Men at work
Why do roadworks take so long? It's a question that's vexed every one of us as we sit stationary, gazing glazen-eyed at a builder armed with a stop-go sign and massive arse cleavage. Surely there must be a better way?

With the aid of just 32 of Warwickshire's finest road workers, a quarryful of tarmac and an incredibly irritating megaphone, the boys try to complete a week's worth of road repairs in just 24 hours. How hard can it be?

Fast food
This week's studio guest Jamie Oliver was on a mission to prove he could set a tasty lap time rather than make a dog's dinner of our Reasonably Priced Car.

After nearly flattening us at Gambon - twice - and demonstrating a couple of the most spectacular fishtail slides we've ever seen on our icy test track, Jamie eventually got to grips with the non-stick circuit (see what we did there?) and even managed to fry the Lacetti's radiator. Smoking stuff.

Jaguar XKR v Aston Martin V8 Vantage
What better way to celebrate the return of the best show in Britain (hell, the world) than thrash a couple of the finest sports cars in Britain (hell, the world) around our test track? We've never seen Jeremy more torn - will he plump for the gorgeous Vantage or the Jag's supercharged XKR, with an engine note like "Tom Jones gargling a NASCAR"? Oh, how we've missed those metaphors...

Hammond's shunt
It's the big one. Like a scary film, you know what's coming. You want to shut your eyes, but somehow you can't look away. Whatever you've read about Hammond's jet car accident, you won't be quite prepared for it. It even shut JC up. Don't miss it.

Watch more
So that's what's on the show, but the TG coverage doesn't end at 9pm on Sunday. Oh no. The techies at TopGear.com have been beavering away to create an awesome 3D reconstruction of Hammond's crash, using detailed telemetry from the Vampire's black box.

The animation gives you an amazing insight into the G-forces and impact of the high-speed crash. It goes live as the show ends.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: January 28, 2007 03:46AM
Hammond F1 Car
For many years Richard Hammond has suffered from a terrible affliction - his height. The reason he never got the job of presenting Film 2006 is that he can't see the screen in the cinema, and his life has been an endless succession of vertically challenged lost opportunities.

But now, at last, it's all come good. The body God gave him can go where Clarkson's double decker frame can't - right into the cockpit of a Formula One car. Now this film is really worth a watch.

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2007 03:47AM by LS..
Date: January 28, 2007 03:49AM
Has the stig been eating too many pies during the filming of the new series? or is it clarkson in diguise?

**edit**

Apparently its taken from a fly drive challenge in the states and the fat guy above is the Stigs fat hill billy cousin lol :)

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2007 04:01AM by LS..
Date: January 28, 2007 10:32AM
Posted by: gav
I think you need to stop spoiler things and get out more ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy