Sky Sports F1 HD

Posted by marwood82 
Re: Sky Sports F1 HD
Date: June 10, 2012 08:08PM
Posted by: EC83
OK, Vipbox is officially useless. The f*cking thing crashed just the cars had lined up on the grid and the first red light came on, and now my laptop can't even reconnect to it.
Pa-f*cking-thetic.

Date: June 10, 2012 08:10PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Yeh same for me, went through veetle and managed to find this, seems to be working perfectly for me:

[tvfutbolarg.com]

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: June 10, 2012 08:15PM
Yeah, that's working for me too. Thankyou!!

Date: June 10, 2012 08:45PM
Posted by: flat tyre
It went for me as the red lights came on, too! :-(

So I went to Radio 5 Live, and guess who was commentating? None other than... Jonathan Legard. Just to rub it in. ;)

But vipbox is working again now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: June 11, 2012 07:53AM
Posted by: gav
Better than me. I intended to watch a stream, but I miscalculated by a full hour and went for a bath after the Italy-Spain match... turned on the radio in the bath to listen to the build-up to the race and the next match only to hear Jennie Gow and Legard and thought "oh... @#$%&".

Ended up just watching the highlights.... and now I'm rather tired. :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2012 07:54AM by gav.
Date: June 11, 2012 09:09AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yeah, I was at my mate's house for Spain-Italy and had about 8 minutes to get home in time for F1. Luckily it was 4am so not much traffic! I made it for the end of the formation lap.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 26, 2012 08:52AM
Posted by: geoff
Has Damon Hill been given the push in favour of Johnny Herbert? Or is he just a part timer now? Johnny is good, glad they decided to add him to the team.
Date: June 26, 2012 09:12AM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
I can't help but notice that sky is just trying too hard against the beeb. The only positive for them is having Herbert, very good pundit. Watched the beebs coverage and thought to myself... "tbh I don't miss martin brundle" Ben and David have done well. Imo simon lazenby is possibly the weak link, followed by the fountain of knowledge aka Georgie Thompson...
Date: June 26, 2012 11:38AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I though Allan McNish was pretty good on the Saturday, he and Johnny are quite charismatic which is ideal.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: June 27, 2012 12:47AM
Posted by: Monza972
Visually Sky's coverage is great compared to the beeb's PS2 graphics when presenting cars, names and so on. However looking at their presenting team it's quite neat and it isn't professional at all. It's just a couple of friends who've gathered to watch a race with a load of banter. This is Sky's downside, it's just too stiff and professional.

If you watch both Sky's and BBC's coverage during the weekends when they're both live and you spot one of the other channels and vice versa, it's just a different look.

For example, with the bbc when there's a VT going on, all three are chatting and laughing. If you look at sky, as soon as they go to a VT, boom! out come the mobile phones and each are just looking at a screen.

Oh and if I hear the words dolby digital and 5.1 one more time, i'll go mad.
Date: June 27, 2012 08:51AM
Posted by: marcl
I thought the SKY coverage after the race in Canada had got better, but we were back to the same old in Valenica.

They just dont seem to get the driver interviews like the BBC red button used to get, they just stand in team garages talking to themselves its all rather dull tbh.

That is my main problem with it if im honest.
Date: June 27, 2012 09:22AM
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure it's been picked up on by the BBC as well(as they beautifully and amusingly illustrated at Monaco after the race).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2012 09:24AM by EC83.
Date: June 27, 2012 12:13PM
Let's see what Silverstone has to offer us in terms of competition between the Beeb and Sly. Being impartial as I can, bbc is knicking it due to experience, well oiled machine compared to Sly's mechanic approach. let's see what happens in the races to come.
Date: June 27, 2012 07:34PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
BBC have surprised me. I sorely miss Martin but DC and whatshisface are ok.

What'shisface made funny noises when Hamilton crashed in Valencia, and for that they get the win.
Date: June 28, 2012 02:44AM
Posted by: Monza972
elpasho2005f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's see what Silverstone has to offer us in
> terms of competition between the Beeb and Sly.
> Being impartial as I can, bbc is knicking it due
> to experience, well oiled machine compared to
> Sly's mechanic approach. let's see what happens in
> the races to come.

True, but the Sky's team just isn't gelling. You've got Lazenby on one hand who's making jokes (which are awful) and not being able to get a driver to talk on camera without the guys behind the camera handing a drive a mic and making him talk.

The BBC's approach just flows, they just say "hello, how are you, join us" and stick a microphone underneath their chin. Although EJ's not so well mannered either. Ever noticed that whenever he's talking to a female he just seems to slyly put his arm round them. Prime example being Monisha Kaltenborn in Valencia. I was absolutely cringing at that point.
Date: June 28, 2012 08:52AM
Posted by: alexf1man
loque Wrote:
> BBC have surprised me. I sorely miss Martin but
> DC and whatshisface are ok.
>
> What'shisface made funny noises when Hamilton
> crashed in Valencia, and for that they get the
> win.

You mean this?

#t=16s
Date: June 28, 2012 01:26PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
alexf1man Wrote:

> You mean this?

Yes that exactly! :D

It just shows the passion they have.
Date: June 28, 2012 02:37PM
Posted by: J i m
Ben Edwards passion isn't manufactured either... It's just him. The BBC let them get on with it.

ITV, dumbed down and got the presentation to extravegate, which goes someway to explaining why James Allen was a dreadful commentator for ITV despite being a brilliant pit-lane pundit. And from the few times I've heard him on 5-live, he hasn't been too bad.

SKY are a weird one.. One one hand they've basically recruited as much as the BBC's punditary team as they could and basically modelled their coverage on that of the BBC's whilst making minute changes... That really does't work. The musical choices for instance (they completely ruined brilliant video footage with their music choice on the intro sequence), the tone of the presentation almost being footballised and all manner of stuff that just doesn't click.

Individually the SKY team are perfectly good in their own rights, Lazenby knows how to present, Thompson is perfectly adept at presenting a magazine type feature, Brundle is as good as ever, Crofty is good at his informal practice commentary if slightly grating during the race, Pinkham is a fair enough pit-lane correspondent, Davidson is still a cock. The problem is exactly as been pointed out. They don't gel.

Date: June 28, 2012 03:01PM
J i m Wrote:
> Ben Edwards passion isn't manufactured either...
> It's just him. The BBC let them get on with it.
>
> ITV, dumbed down and got the presentation to
> extravegate, which goes someway to explaining why
> James Allen was a dreadful commentator for ITV
> despite being a brilliant pit-lane pundit. And
> from the few times I've heard him on 5-live, he
> hasn't been too bad.
>
> SKY are a weird one.. One one hand they've
> basically recruited as much as the BBC's punditary
> team as they could and basically modelled their
> coverage on that of the BBC's whilst making minute
> changes... That really does't work. The musical
> choices for instance (they completely ruined
> brilliant video footage with their music choice on
> the intro sequence), the tone of the presentation
> almost being footballised and all manner of stuff
> that just doesn't click.
>
> Individually the SKY team are perfectly good in
> their own rights, Lazenby knows how to present,
> Thompson is perfectly adept at presenting a
> magazine type feature, Brundle is as good as ever,
> Crofty is good at his informal practice commentary
> if slightly grating during the race, Pinkham is a
> fair enough pit-lane correspondent, Davidson is
> still a cock. The problem is exactly as been
> pointed out. They don't gel.

I agree to some extent, however, when I ever hear lazenby talk or see Georgie Thompson nodding like the Churchill dog, it kind of makes me cringe.. Edwards and DC have been great in the commentators box and tbh, Although BBC sold out massively what with the F1 TV rights, their team is much stronger than before. we'll see how the season pans out for both teams.
Date: June 28, 2012 03:52PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
J i m Wrote:
> Ben Edwards passion isn't manufactured either...
> It's just him. The BBC let them get on with it.
>
> ITV, dumbed down and got the presentation to
> extravegate, which goes someway to explaining why
> James Allen was a dreadful commentator for ITV
> despite being a brilliant pit-lane pundit. And
> from the few times I've heard him on 5-live, he
> hasn't been too bad.
>
> SKY are a weird one.. One one hand they've
> basically recruited as much as the BBC's punditary
> team as they could and basically modelled their
> coverage on that of the BBC's whilst making minute
> changes... That really does't work. The musical
> choices for instance (they completely ruined
> brilliant video footage with their music choice on
> the intro sequence), the tone of the presentation
> almost being footballised and all manner of stuff
> that just doesn't click.
>
> Individually the SKY team are perfectly good in
> their own rights, Lazenby knows how to present,
> Thompson is perfectly adept at presenting a
> magazine type feature, Brundle is as good as ever,
> Crofty is good at his informal practice commentary
> if slightly grating during the race, Pinkham is a
> fair enough pit-lane correspondent, Davidson is
> still a cock. The problem is exactly as been
> pointed out. They don't gel.

I thought that Karun was quite good on the Skypad, I find him very informative and insightful.

I think that Sky's commentary team is absolutely fine. I'm just not keen on the constant rotation of the pundits, and also, I find Lazenby more suited to perhaps a panel rather than in the pit-lane. (I'm not suggesting that would be a good idea, I just think he'd suit other sports where they present like that.)

Johnny Herbert's great but Damon Hill tends to um and ah a bit. As I said, I thought Allan McNish was quite good on the Saturday of last weekend. I think they'll gel if they keep a team going (that ideally would be Herbert and Chandhok, in my mind.)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy