Sky Sports F1 HD

Posted by marwood82 
Re: Sky Sports F1 HD
Date: March 16, 2012 02:58PM
Posted by: marcl
So they say, but I have a feeling during a long stoppage like that they will as tbh the race is not on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 02:59PM by marcl.
Date: March 16, 2012 05:54PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
One of the things I used to em=njoy about Friday was coming home from work, nice big cup of tea and watching FP1 and FP2 on iplayer. Alas no more. I cannot stand ad breaks during sporting coverage.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: March 16, 2012 07:47PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I recorded the FPs, and just fast-forwarded through breaks. It's not a problem...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 16, 2012 07:59PM
Posted by: J i m
It is if you're streaming ;-)

Still, I shouldn't grumble. Could be worse.

Date: March 17, 2012 04:33AM
Posted by: matt3454
30 mins in, on our 3rd set of adverts! joke!

Date: March 17, 2012 04:37AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I just had to chime in to add my voice here,

the coverage so far is just the same as last year, but there are far too many adds, I'm spending most of my time just looking around at the walls and talking to my wife. It's not quite the spectacle they hyped it up to be is it?

*Edit: O.K. they were getting the adds out of the way, the last half of the session was much better. Well played.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 05:02AM by Razorsedge.
Date: March 17, 2012 04:44AM
Posted by: JPMrules
Sorry to bother again folks,

Can somebody PM a link to a live stream?
Date: March 17, 2012 05:34AM
clickery here

failing that search f1 or autoracing in justin tv

Date: March 17, 2012 05:46AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
[www.vipbox.tv]

This one is better quality.
Date: March 17, 2012 05:51AM
it's exactly the same one as i just posted so quite difficult to be better quality.

Date: March 17, 2012 07:46AM
Posted by: EC83
Brilliant commentary going on here. Crofty and Martin are doing an awesome job, and seem to be working well together :)

Date: March 17, 2012 08:08AM
Posted by: marwood82
no ads during qualy too!

its looking like brundle and crofty may be the dream team many had hoped.
Date: March 17, 2012 08:17AM
Yes, I must withdraw my earlier complaint about ads; they did a great job with Qualy.
Date: March 17, 2012 10:00AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Not begging and choosing and massively thankful for it but any ideas on how to improve the quality of the VIPTV? It's a TEENY bit stretched.
Date: March 17, 2012 01:13PM
Nope. It's pretty much as good a dodgy stream is going to get.

Date: March 17, 2012 02:31PM
Posted by: gav
I took the approach of avoiding the results and downloading the HD coverage later.

I thought the build-up was a poor imitation of the BBC approach. They tried to do pretty much the same (even down to the tablet) except I want to punch that slimey bugger Lazemby, Georgie Thompson serves no purpose whatsoever that I can see and Damon Hill's every other word was "erm". It was just poor. I expect it to get better, but it's nowhere near as slick as the BBC coverage.

Croft and Brundle worked very well together - I didn't think an equal-status team would work as well as it did, but it seemed very fluid. A nice relaxed manner between them. :)

I did feel they were a bit slow on occasion though - among other instances, it took them a good 20-30 seconds to see the Q1 shock unfolding in front of them.

Croft still had the radio-style to him, painting the picture for the audience, but I guess it's natural that it'll take a little time for that to wear off, just as it will take James Allen time to adjust the other way.

I'll watch the BBC highlights later on, as I'm looking forward to finally seeing what Ben Edwards is like in the big time.
Date: March 17, 2012 03:10PM
I tuned in for the delayed telecast of Fuji TV.

The Brundle and Croft team are brilliant in terms of excitement and insight.
The Fuji guys were just...asleep! Literally.

They usually provide commentary in a delayed show after midnight, so in one sense I can understand the 3 of them whispering to each other as you would when you werre a teen, sitting on a sofa passing the bong around during a movie not wanting to wake the parents.
None them seemed turned on at all. I guess they were just watching the tape inj Tokyo; they seemed completely disonnected from what was going on.

I actually had to turn them off so as to not dampen my excitement from the live Sky telecast.

So despite a negative first impression during practice, the Sky team are doing well.
Date: March 17, 2012 03:24PM
Just watched the BBC highlights and straight away the tone exceeds SKY by a long long way. Humphrey is simply better and infinitely more likeable than Lazenby and Mckenzie is light years better than Thompson. Eddie Jordan's absence probably helped today but Humphrey is good at defusing his whackyness.

Edwards worked well with Coulthard and obviously music choices by the beeb were simply far more sensible and appropriate than Sky's.

Date: March 17, 2012 05:41PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
So guys can I just get a sense of what options are availabel to us in the UK for watching the race.

1) Watch it on your tv (if you have the relevant sky package or sky hd)
2) Stream it on the net
3) Someone said somewhere there is an ipad sky app. Is that live streaming too or just text based commentary?

Im likely to be watching it in bed and if the ipad app does streaming then that would be best for me!

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2012 05:42PM by rapid_f1.
Date: March 17, 2012 05:59PM
There are various streams on Justin.tv that you can view via Apple iDevices, there is the sky go app which can play via iDevice but obviously you need a sky ID and ticket for that.

The best stream is vipbox but that won't play on a iDevice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy