Sky Sports F1 HD

Posted by marwood82 
Sky Sports F1 HD
Date: November 25, 2011 05:01PM
Posted by: marwood82
[www1.skysports.com]

i've heard rumours that it will also be available as a pay channel on freesat for £10 per month.
Re: Sky Sports F1 HD
Date: November 25, 2011 06:45PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Is there still coverage for us non-HD viewers?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 25, 2011 08:53PM
Posted by: Stoopid
Sky Sports F1 channel will be available to all Sky Sports 1 and 2 subscribers.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: November 25, 2011 09:40PM
Posted by: J i m
marwood82 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www1.skysports.com]
> 2332/Sky-Sports-launches-F1-channel
>
> i've heard rumours that it will also be available
> as a pay channel on freesat for £10 per month.

So you're expected to pay upto £120 a year for something you're only going to watch every other weekend. No thanks.

Date: November 26, 2011 07:13AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
J i m Wrote:
> So you're expected to pay upto £120 a year for
> something you're only going to watch every other
> weekend. No thanks.

Well that's why they're making it a 24/7 channel, they're going to be creating new content, not just showing GP weekends.

If they can make some interesting panel shows, or perhaps even get the rights to show historical races, it would make it a better deal for some people.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 26, 2011 12:49PM
Posted by: Xero
I'm glad they've decided to create a dedicated channel, be good to watch all the practice sessions in HD. Also nice it will be available on Sky Go too. Shouldn't be as bad as I first thought, especially if Crofty and Brundle are the commentators. Should feel "normal" right away.
Date: November 26, 2011 12:55PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Well if you have a sky sports package then that's fine. But if not then I can't see many people handing over all that cash just for the odd race weekends.

[www.autosport.com]

Everyone seen this? Pretty awful selection of races, excluding GB, Belgium and Brazil

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: November 26, 2011 08:32PM
Posted by: EC83
Spain?!?!? That's just retarded. That must be the most overrated race ever to be on the F1 calendar.
I heard there were plans to broadcast the Melbourne race live, and I personally would've chosen that and Montreal(in the first half of the season) instead of China and Spain.

I notice the higher concentration of live broadcasts later in the year, clearly in anticipation of the title-decider being one of them. Every race except Suzuka of course. Marvellous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2011 08:33PM by EC83.
Date: November 26, 2011 09:37PM
Posted by: matt3454
Race selection is absolute tripe.

China, Valencia, Catalunya, Abu Dhabi and Korea are all uninspiring choices.

BBC are just trying too hard to be hated.

Date: November 26, 2011 10:25PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
matt3454 Wrote:
> Race selection is absolute tripe.
>
> China, Valencia, Catalunya, Abu Dhabi and Korea
> are all uninspiring choices.
>
> BBC are just trying too hard to be hated.

Too right hahahaha

Was watching the RTL coverage today, really liked it, shame bout the adverts and the fact I can't change language to english, but still, in HD and in depth analysis. got that sorted. buying a 10 metre ethernet cable and a 23 inch LED HD monitor so I can stream the races. shame about the Beeb, they really improved from last year, especially getting rid of that damn Jonathan Legard :P
Date: November 26, 2011 11:11PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Wow how poor from the BBC. Comon, atleast show the first race of the season?!..... :/

Date: November 27, 2011 12:04PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
Well, it's official:

Martin Brundle has confirmed that he will leave the BBC to become part of the Sky Sports Formula 1 broadcast line-up from 2012.

The former F1 racer and Le Mans winner made the announcement in his Sunday Times newspaper column, saying that the fact that Sky will carry the whole season live - while the BBC will only show 10 races live and the rest in delayed highlights programmes - was key in his decision.

"In 2012 I will be working with Sky Sports F1 television," Brundle wrote. "The fact that their newly-announced and dedicated F1 channel will have no in-race advertising was a key factor, but most importantly I need to commentate on every race live. Recorded and delayed sports television doesn't give me the adrenalin fix I crave.

"There will also be more airtime for the technical features I so enjoy crafting. It's been a privilege to be part of the BBC team, but now I have a new motivation and challenge."

BBC have clearly shot themselves in the foot, continue to see Sky increase their grasp on F1 whilst BBC focus more on strictly come dancing, merlin, Doctor who and the other god awful shows.
Date: November 27, 2011 02:08PM
Posted by: elemental
marwood82 Wrote:
> [www1.skysports.com]
> 2332/Sky-Sports-launches-F1-channel
>
> i've heard rumours that it will also be available
> as a pay channel on freesat for £10 per month.

I'd go for £10 per month.
Date: November 27, 2011 02:15PM
Posted by: Robert
To clarify, it looks like the F1 HD channel will be available to all Sky HD subscribers even if they don't have a Sky Sports subscription.

Also, according to Virgin Media's website they are looking into negotiating with Sky to show the channel too.

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 02:19PM by Robert.
Date: November 27, 2011 11:09PM
Posted by: EC83
Apparently it'll be available to anyone who currently has Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2, and to anyone who already has any Sky HD channel.
That opens things up a lot if it's true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 11:13PM by EC83.
Date: November 27, 2011 11:15PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
It's still BS.
Date: December 12, 2011 06:05PM
Posted by: flat tyre
There seem to be a lot of fans of him here, so this should be good news to most of you. It looks like Ben Edwards will be the lead commentator at the BBC next year. Tbh I've never been a fan of him, but still good to see an experienced commentator taking to the seat. :)

[www.gpupdate.net]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: December 12, 2011 06:14PM
Posted by: thestig88
flat tyre Wrote:
> There seem to be a lot of fans of him here, so
> this should be good news to most of you. It looks
> like Ben Edwards will be the lead commentator at
> the BBC next year. Tbh I've never been a fan of
> him, but still good to see an experienced
> commentator taking to the seat. :)
>
> [www.gpupdate.net]
> rds-to-head-bbc-commentary-team/

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! About time!
although how long before people start pulling him apart like Allen & Legard - "he talks too much", "doesn't know what he's on about" etc
Date: December 12, 2011 08:01PM
Posted by: gav
Ben Edwards is at least a racing-driver-turned-commentar though.

A bit of a coup for the Beeb that one. He does have a tendency to get excited (whether that's good or not is a matter of opinion, but it's all good in my book), but it always seems genuine. That Michigan commentary in '99 or 2000 is one of my favourite commentary moments (and who doesn't have a list of their favourites? ;))

I was thinking James Allen might have been back in with a shout (he'd be better without the ITV bias, and hopefully the Beeb would've kept his mock excitement in check), but I couldn't see the BBC thinking that would be a popular appointment.
Date: December 12, 2011 10:36PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Was he the guy that did the F1 Digital commentary?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy