Sky Sports F1 HD

Posted by marwood82 
Re: Sky Sports F1 HD
Date: July 22, 2012 06:16PM
Posted by: chet
Post race show on Sky was not too bad today.

Grateful for Herbert and Brundle. Georgie and Ant were back to the pointless job. Georgie should be given the anchor IMO. And Ant should... not be there?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 22, 2012 06:42PM
Posted by: Monza972
Not to sure about Georgie in getting the anchor. I find her too arrogant and it almost comes across as that she's just there as so that she can let the bosses know what these "bbc lot" are doing. There's no passion from her at all.
Date: July 22, 2012 06:50PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Monza972 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not to sure about Georgie in getting the anchor. I
> find her too arrogant and it almost comes across
> as that she's just there as so that she can let
> the bosses know what these "bbc lot" are doing.
> There's no passion from her at all.

Yeah, but she's hot.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 22, 2012 07:08PM
Posted by: Monza972
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Monza972 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not to sure about Georgie in getting the anchor.
> I
> > find her too arrogant and it almost comes
> across
> > as that she's just there as so that she can let
> > the bosses know what these "bbc lot" are doing.
> > There's no passion from her at all.
>
>
> Yeah, but she's hot.

Then there's that ;)
Date: July 22, 2012 08:27PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
I find the skypad pointless, and dont find it adds anything to the programme. With Herbert in his interview with Schumacher, I found it hard to watch as it just looked as if Johnny had never interviewed anyone before? Allan McNish I found very informative etc, and would prefer him over Ant, Hill or Herbert. I noticed too about Croft's continuing errors, and I find myself switching off from him, and he is begnning to become as annyoing as James Allen. As for Lazenby, he seems to be getting there, and has certainly improved since Melbourne.

Date: July 22, 2012 08:59PM
Lucasinio Wrote:
> I find the skypad pointless, and dont find it adds
> anything to the programme. With Herbert in his
> interview with Schumacher, I found it hard to
> watch as it just looked as if Johnny had never
> interviewed anyone before? Allan McNish I found
> very informative etc, and would prefer him over
> Ant, Hill or Herbert. I noticed too about Croft's
> continuing errors, and I find myself switching off
> from him, and he is begnning to become as annyoing
> as James Allen. As for Lazenby, he seems to be
> getting there, and has certainly improved since
> Melbourne.

I look over Crofty's mistakes because he's juggling the timing, the race and what's going on outside the commentary box. It's very easy to criticise whilst watching the TV because you've just got the world feed in front of you. The commentators watch the feed and absorb all of the other crucial information as well as having to look out for when to hand over to interviews or Ted Kravitz. I have a lot of respect for what they do. All commentators will make errors. I mean, Murray did all the time.

But at least I find Crofty is generally entertaining and always sounds enthusiastic. I'm sure some of you find Ben Edwards entertaining, but he really doesn't keep me enthused. His voice isn't annoying like Allen's was, it's just quite boring. If he ever did audio books, I'd buy them to cure insomnia.

McNish is definitely better than Hill, but I think that Johnny brings some vital humour and charm to the line-up. It was a bit dry in Melbourne, when it was just Lazenby and Hill.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: July 22, 2012 09:17PM
Posted by: EC83
I'd @#$%& Georgie... but we've been over this. :P

Date: July 22, 2012 10:54PM
Posted by: J i m
loque Wrote:
> J i m Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Last time I saw Dave he was chatting to Allan
> > McNish about haggis and Iron Bru and was
> > certiainly still alive.
>
>
> Explain more!

We were at Le Mans (the racingline.net annual pilgrimage to the 24 hours) and a chance event got one of the group an Audi pr contact. Basically we ended up getting some "almost" VIP treatment in the paddock on the Wednesday. We got to mingle with the likes of Justin Bell, Marino Franchitti, Tom Kristensen, Howdan Haynes and wee McNish himself. Also caught glimpses of Alex Wurz, David Brabham & Karun Chandhok.

McNish was hilarious. His PR guy had been telling us a story about his presence of mind epic memory, then Dave tells him that they met couple of years ago at Daytona "Ach! I cannae remember last week!" then the rest of us basically got mocked for not being Scottish, "are you Scottish?" No... "Ayyye, but you want to be don't ya?" yeahhh... And then the voe moved on to Iron Bru and Haggis... Very surreal ;)

Date: July 22, 2012 11:38PM
Posted by: chet
Never thought much of georgie before but she is deffo a looker :p

Lazenby has improved but... he is no Jake :(. I mentioned before, I enjoy Ted's enthusiasm but after listening to Gary on BBC you can tell there is a huge difference. Gary knows what he is talking about. He obviously is not as media friendly, and he does sometime seem abit too old school with the technical matters but he's good and he's clever.

McNish is awesome in FP. Always got interesting stories.

One this weekend about Toyota trying dynamic camber change on the car based on corner loads? Was a very interesting idea!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 22, 2012 11:57PM
Gary is steadily improving though and overall has been an excellent addition. Ted is also very good.. but he was terrible in his early ITV days.

As for James Allen, he hasn't been too bad on 5 live, and Alguersuari if not an natural pundit has provided ample decent technical input.

Date: July 23, 2012 10:19AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
gav Wrote:
> David Croft. Edwards commentates for the BBC.

Aye him!

Although they are much of a muchness.

Loving the Ellis/McNish story. Maybe Mr. Ellis has just left the GPG F1 scene?

Not sure what the fuss is about Georgie. Do you guys just go for anything with long hair and fake tan and big boobs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 10:24AM by loque.
Date: July 23, 2012 11:07AM
Posted by: gav
loque
Maybe Mr. Ellis has just left the GPG F1 scene?

He has. He's still very active over on the Vader Trophy forums.
Date: July 23, 2012 05:52PM
I'm not overly interested in Georgie... But if she were offering than I wouldn't say no.

Date: July 24, 2012 03:08AM
loque Wrote:
> Do you guys just go for anything with long hair and fake
> tan and big boobs?

Yup, got it in one. Just not Katie Price - there's a time and a place for bouncy castles.

Date: July 24, 2012 11:25AM
That time was probably about 25 years ago in my case.

Date: September 04, 2012 08:30PM
Posted by: hasbriale
I miss the coverage this year on Star Sports... :(

But, Sky Sports F1 HD has more than made up for it, thanks to the Internet !! (Y)
Date: November 23, 2012 02:44PM
After watching some of Interlagos FP1 there, I want to see one thing - John Watson in the main BBC commentary booth next year! I think he's massively underrated as an F1 commentator.

Date: November 23, 2012 02:49PM
I think Watson has always been a safe pair of hands for the microphone, he's experienced and knowledgable enough to be one of the better commentators around. He's certainly a far better choice than say Anthony Davidson.

Date: November 23, 2012 03:07PM
Posted by: marcl
I am not going to keep this going next year, I think their coverage this year has been some of the worst ever.

Their pre and post race stuff is so bad and drawn out. Brundle sounds bored and Croft is a waste of space. Their saving grace is Johnny, such a laugh and brings some enjoyment to it. Simon is a prat and has learnt nothing all year.
Date: December 08, 2012 03:10PM
Sky coverage can't be that bad at all, especially with this: [www1.skysports.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy