Sky Sports F1 HD

Posted by marwood82 
Re: Sky Sports F1 HD
Date: December 24, 2012 09:02AM
Posted by: J i m
I'm sticking with the beeb for exactly the same reasons as last year. There's no point in me spending lots of money on a service which I'm going to hardly ever use.

But the writing is on the wall, there's going to be a gradual process of the beeb trying to prod it's F1 viewer base to SKY, mainly because the excectitives would rather spend millions on idiotic karaoke type programmes than F1.

It's not the presentation team which is broken, it's the actual BBC, SKY and FOM ofcourse.

Date: January 09, 2013 09:36AM
Posted by: EC83
Actually, Gav - didn't you want Suzi to present the F1 coverage at one point? It must be ages ago now but I remember seeing a post you made in a thread about the BBC and Murray or something.

Date: January 09, 2013 07:40PM
Posted by: gav
EC83
Actually, Gav - didn't you want Suzi to present the F1 coverage at one point? It must be ages ago now but I remember seeing a post you made in a thread about the BBC and Murray or something.

Probably, but I guess that would have been a decade ago when when we had Rosenthal and Perry was a little less... out there.
Date: January 11, 2013 08:16PM
Found it now - it was a thread from early 2008, when it was first announced that F1 would be returning to the BBC(and also about the time I first started visiting GPG regularly and posting here, hence why it must stick in my memory). But yeah, it was still from a time when all we had was the @#$%& terrible ITV coverage which centred on Steve Ryder asking Mark Blundell retarded questions.
It's easy to forget what bad times they were for F1 coverage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 08:17PM by EC83.
Date: February 01, 2013 12:52AM
Posted by: Adman1138
Sky have announced plans for pay as you go access to their sports channels

Sky Sports PAYG

I'm curious as to how many people here would be tempted by this, maybe not for every non-bbc race but for some of the better ones like Australia or Monaco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 12:52AM by Adman1138.
Date: February 01, 2013 02:35AM
Well... At £9.99 per day you could expect to pay £29.97 across three days for one Grand Prix weekend. @#$%& THAT.

Date: February 01, 2013 07:48PM
Posted by: gav
Yeah, I'll stick to doing something else while I wait for the Grand Prix, thanks.

Think I'd be tempted to for it in unlikely situation of having a Premier League title decider on the last day of the season between the top 2 clubs, but apart from that, I'm with Jim. @#$%& that.
Date: February 03, 2013 05:36PM
When I first saw that Sky had a pay as you go offer I was mildly interested to see what it involved, then disgusted when I saw how much per day it is. I think it's actually offensive to charge that amount.

Date: February 03, 2013 07:34PM
Posted by: danm
Money money money.

It's enough to make me remain a non-sky customer for a lot longer.

Disgusting prices. A 3 day weekend price is 1/5 of the regular annual TV licence price.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 15, 2013 10:14PM
Posted by: Petrol Head
Just noticed a new offer, half price HD for 6 months, then the normal £10.25 for 6 months, 1 year contract (sky only I think, not on virgin media)
Date: February 15, 2013 10:54PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Petrol Head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just noticed a new offer, half price HD for 6
> months, then the normal £10.25 for 6 months, 1
> year contract (sky only I think, not on virgin
> media)

where is this offer?

Date: February 15, 2013 11:40PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Do you mean this one? [www.sky.com]

If you do, then guess what... there's a catch. Those prices you said are only if you're already with Sky. If you're new to Sky, then it's 26 quid per month :o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: February 16, 2013 03:43AM
I've just renewed my subscription to Vipbox.

Date: February 16, 2013 05:27AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've just renewed my subscription to Vipbox.

I hope that's sarcasm because I believe that Vipbox is free. I don't really like Vipbox too much because they cut off the top of the screen.
Date: February 16, 2013 12:27PM
Yep, it was sarcasm. You believe correct.
Vipbox hasn't been the most reliable for me in the past, but it's been good enough I guess. At least we don't get robbed everytime we want to use it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2013 12:41PM by EC83.
Date: February 16, 2013 02:56PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Iv been using it too but I cant deal when it lags and poor sound anymore!! xD

Yay cheers for posting the link flat tyre, just upgraded to Sky HD :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2013 03:13PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: February 18, 2013 09:22AM
Posted by: marcl
Can cancel my sky sports contract next week :)

Sky customers are going to get HD and 3D in 2013, us on virgin get the normal channel thats all and its not free. So they can stick it, it was crap anyway.
Date: March 11, 2013 11:32PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
These retro races are a really good idea, frankly it's what I hoped they would do ever since I heard they were creating the channel.

It will be interesting to see how far back they have the rights to show, but it's good that there seems to be a mix of BBC and ITV coverage already so far.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 11, 2013 11:46PM
Not enough for me to get a SKY subscription when there's F1archives.com

Date: March 12, 2013 12:11AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I don't have one either but streams work fine for me ;)

EDIT: But I do know what you mean, of course there's so much freedom with that site, but at the same time it's quite enjoyable having everyone watch it on Twitter or whatever and to be able to interact watching it at the same time instead of on demand.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 01:29AM by SchueyFan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy