The Official Hungarian Grand Prix 2009 Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by EC83 
yes, i think BMW were too conservative this year, unlike the leading teams who were quite aggressive and creative in their designs.

X (@ed24f1)
And to think they pretty much abandoned Kubica's title chase last year just to develop this year's car ahead of everyone - epic fail imo...

Epic fail indeed. Their KERS package, which is the main reason I suspect the diverted resources is nothing like Ferraris or Mclarens. Maybe its been compounded by such a bad car but it seems to me like its the poorest KERS. Poor engine reliability also, at least for one car. Maybe the team are favouring Nick. (A joke! you know making the point that badluck, such as ermm fuel-rig problems and that car problems do happen and can happen to one car, unlikley, but possible ;-))

Btw, Jamie blahblah, the F1 new guy has made a cracking start and seems to have fit right in,

Four "for sure's" in his first official press conference!!!

Thats got to help in the 'for sure' championship! Already ahead of Webbo I believe!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Hehe, I thought I was the only one who noticed "for sure"!

Webber seemed much more confident in the press conference. I think he's a changed man since the win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Massive turn-around from his depressed-sounding team expectations just a week before his win.

Jaime is probably going to take "for sure" lessons with Felipe ;).
For sure I would agree with you there Gui.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
NickKK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And to think they pretty much abandoned Kubica's
> title chase last year just to develop this year's
> car ahead of everyone - epic fail imo...

+1.
How they must've wished they'd put everything into their 2008 season now - who knows how far they could've got, given the inconsistency of Ferrari and Macca.

As for the "for sure" thing - there are phrases that go in and out of fashion like that, have been ever since the PC era started really. Think MS was the first driver to do it with "to be honest".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 11:34PM by EC83.
... which we know wasn't really honest :P
Well, well,....The R29 and Alonso were great in the twisty and slowest part of Nurburgring (first sector) last race...So I'll bet for a great position from him. Enough to beat the title runners? Probably not, but good enough to be close top them. I think Red Bull will keep winning and behind maybe Ferrari-Brawn-Renault(Alonso) could fight for the 3rd spot in the podium.
Wow, Jaime impressed me. He was obviously going very carefully at first, but who can blame him? For some reason I had visions of him crashing into the pitlane wall when going out of the garage, thankfully not! He didn't make any mistakes apart from that stall and one minor lockup I saw, whereas quite a few ofthe experienced drivers were going wide and off track. Only two tenths off of Buemi's time, very well done. But the new Toro Rosso package doesn't seemed to have improved their pace...

And I want to hear this Peter Windsor interview! We lost the commentary just as he was going to start the interview, got it back just as it finished :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 11:45AM by flat tyre.
"For sure" is a common crutch I've noticed with a lot of foreigners who are learning to speak English. Then again "you know" is a common crutch for english-speakers learning to speak to the media.

Grand start for Alguersauri, only two-tenths off his team-mate, and 2 seconds off the top...Have to wait and see how he fairs in the race though.
Whilst we're all praising Algu-whatwhat, how'd you guys think Bourdais would've fared in the STR3b?
First of all, I'm not really praising him, I'm just noting on his first day out he hasn't put it into the trees. Secondly, Bourdais would probably not have done a whole lot better.

It's way too early to judge this Algu dude.

//Edit: For those who haven't seen press conferences or whatever, here's how you pronounce his name:

With a first name which literally translates to 'James' in English, Jaime is aware that his own names are not the easiest when being pronounced by foreign journalists. "I know it's a little bit tough," he laughed in his first ever press conference at the Hungaroring on Thursday. "My name is 'Heimi Al-gay-shuari'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 01:06PM by The Lopper.
Like Vettel had the super clear camerca at the german gp, looks like Kimi has it this weekend.
Rather interesting why its not on all cars :S

They are all extremely equal!!

Except Hamilton and Kovy (wjho seems they got the time in a quali run), times are extremely tied!!!
This is looking promising at the moment for a good close quali. Hope so, and hope there are some unusual names(like the Maccas) up at the front, that would be a great prospect for the race.

Promising start from Jaime so far too.

Hi-mi AL-GER-SUe-AH-RI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 06:10PM by Guimengo.
I prefer just calling him Jaime. His surname is a bit of a bugger to keep typing ;)

I'll never write down his name when referring to him unless there's another Jaime around ;), I just wanted to help people learn how to say it hehe.
Jamie didnt crash, a well done and he did a sensible job. Now he has to cope with the high pressure situation of the qualifying hour then a 70-lap. If he doesnt crash then he would have exceeded i imagine alot of peoples expectations. Not too far off an ordinary Buemi. Has to be said that that STR2b is wasted with its current drivers. I cant help but feel a Vettel or Hamilton would be putting that car in the top 6. Vettel did alot last year with not a great deal!

Interesting FP's. Looks very very close between Brawn, RedBull, Mclaren, Williams, Ferrari and Alonso.

Id say on the long runs Brawn and RedBull have a tenth or two in hand but after that its all to play for! Tomorrow is going to be amazing with Sunday being an anti-climax I imagine.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy