Date: January 28, 2009 08:05PM
Posted by: mika19b
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So far he has fought for more titles than Piquet
> Jr. Think about that next time your wanking over a
> JPG of him.

I had to lol at that!

You can imagine his room covered in Piquet poster's, although 99% of them must be of his car in the wall ;)
Re: 2009 car launches thread
Date: January 28, 2009 08:08PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
If his room was covered in Piquet posters, the posters would be covered in something else.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 28, 2009 10:17PM
Posted by: chet
jizz

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 28, 2009 10:51PM
Posted by: mika19b
chet Wrote:
> jizz

Hit the nail on the head there lol ;)
Date: January 28, 2009 11:24PM
chet Wrote:
> jizz

That joke explained for the hard of thinking. :P

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 29, 2009 12:07AM
Posted by: Frantic
Not sure if posted before, but, they are new safety car rules for this season, they are like 2006...

From F1.com

FIA race director Charlie Whiting has confirmed that the safety car rules have been altered for the 2009 season. The previous regulations, which saw the pit lane closed for a period of time after the safety car’s deployment, came under intense scrutiny last year after several drivers were penalised for pitting to avoid running out of fuel.

The revisions for 2009, however, will see the pit lane remain open at all times. But to prevent drivers rushing back to the pits (the reason for the original rule change), a new electronic system, which uses the standard engine control unit (ECU), will be implemented.

“The rule introduced in 2007 was a bad one, and we’ve gone back to the 2006 regulations,” Whiting explained. “The only difference is we intend to implement a minimum time back to the pits. When we deploy the safety car, the message will go to all the cars, which will then have a “safety car” mode on their ECUs.

“As soon as that message gets to the car, it’ll know where it is on the circuit, and it’ll calculate a minimum time for the driver to get back to the pits. The driver will have to respect this and the information will be displayed on his dashboard.

“If you remember, the reason we closed the pit entry was to remove the incentive for the driver to come back to his pit quickly. That’s gone now, as you won’t be able to reach the pits any quicker than your dashboard display allows you to.”

The teams have already sampled a version of the new system after taking part in a trial, which was held during the 2008 French Grand Prix weekend.

Date: January 29, 2009 01:53AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
[www.autosport.com]

Williams and Toyota on a joint venture?? Pretty innovative, hope it doesn't get banned, maybe they can spice the field up this season.
Date: January 29, 2009 09:52AM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah, there will be a bit of that this year. However, this wouldn't be the first time Williams had to revise their diffuser due to technical regulations. They exceeded the edge of the envelope in this area back in 02 or 03.
Date: January 29, 2009 12:53PM
Posted by: montoya6k
I have feeling that renault will most dominate on the middle season(Just like what happened in ferrari 2006) with their crappy f2005 to a fully f248 at the end of the season haha.

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: January 29, 2009 01:21PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
From what I read online, Alonso isn't happy with the new car.
Date: January 29, 2009 01:35PM
Indeed...from grandprix.com

There have been lots of rumours in recent days that all is not well with the aerodynamics of the new Renault F1 car. It is always hard to judge these things at this time of year but the car was not quick in the recent test in Portugal and Spanish newspapers are reporting that Fernando Alonso is not very happy. Thus it is interesting to note that yesterday Renault showed up at the Kemble airfield near Cirencester, where teams are able to do aerodynamic mapping work, running up and down the 6500ft runway. Normally these uncomplicated events involve just one F1 truck but yesterday Renault had five on site.

One can only wonder why.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2009 01:36PM by J i m.
Date: January 29, 2009 02:54PM
Well bugger me. If you design a cars aerodynamics around a bus, it drives like a bus. Who knew eh?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: January 29, 2009 03:18PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
what dave said /\ when's the last time a seriously uly car like tyhe 09 renault actually did really well :P

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: January 29, 2009 03:41PM
Posted by: kubica2
the renault reminds me of the early 90s benetton. and that was fast.
Date: January 29, 2009 04:36PM
Posted by: Frantic
As I said in other posts, some cars would look better with a low nosecone, like early 90s, just like this:

Date: January 30, 2009 12:20PM
Posted by: marcl
Te toyota and Williams are meant to be legal, other teams are expected to change their cars.

Ferrari have changed their cars so its now legal.
Date: January 30, 2009 03:11PM
Can you substantiate the first part of that post?
Date: January 30, 2009 03:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i think he's referring to the diffuser issue

[www.autosport.com]
[www.autosport.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 30, 2009 03:17PM
I Know what he was talking about.

I wanted him to substantiate the "meant to be legal part" Because all those articles say is that the FIA will be looking into to it. That does not indicate the legality in anyway.
Date: January 30, 2009 03:48PM
Posted by: Bruninho

How Renault was supposed to look before the failed FIA Crash Test. Apparently the new nose is a direct result of that fail. ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy