GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
Average result I have to say, but that was somewhat expected with us being out boost.

Incident 2k9 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, that's an ok result...
>
> Points will come for you, Dominic. Don't worry
> about that :-)

It was good to drive more than only one lap. The handling of the car feels good. Looking forward if the work was good enough for our drivers. :-)

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race
Disappointing result after a promosing start

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
I am hungary for success in Hungary...... Yep, comedy gold right there.....(N)(B)

Looking forward to seeing what I can do in the Snake Motorsport machinery here at the Hungaroring, with no boost. Fingers crossed, i can bring home some form or a decent result for the team.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Car felt good out of the garage and we had a posative start but others improved as the session progressed. With teams around us using large boosts i think the result is about right for us. I did pip my team mate but i don't think it counts for much at this stage of the season. We are just looking to make progress as a team for next season.
Solid start to the weekend, casually bagging ourselves a championship win...

Seriously though, superb effort by Tobias this season. He's come into the series with the perfect attitude, willing to be patient and develop himself as a driver. I hope the promotion next season will be the perfect way of Team Shadow showing our appreciation for all his efforts.

Good to see both cars in the points :) lets hope we can get a good result in qualifying :)
5th was a good result for me. The car felt good and the team got it hooked up well. I would also like to pass my congratulations onto my team mate Tobias who has won the testers championship. I shall be trying to do the same next season of course.
Considering the amount of boost Minardi have used in this race, I'm really glad that this doesn't count for me, or I'd be fuming. Poor result considering the circumstances.

9th place in Hungary is not such a bad result. I had all sorts of problems the night before. Couldn't sleep because my parrot, Archie, died in a cat accident... RIP Archie!

____
GPGSL Hungarian Grand Prix

Qualifying.

It was all change today as the test drivers made way for the race drivers. Two drivers are hoping for a good weekend at their home race, Norbert Horváth and Zsigmond Somgyi.
Qualifying was pretty much completed with 18 minutes to go, there being no improvements after this point. Let's see how everyone got on.

22nd Zsigmond Somogyi - ScalaGP (22,22,22,22)
Somogyi will be unhappy with his showing in qualifying for his home race. He never got any higher than last place.

21st Gianluigi Silvestre - ScalaGP (21,20,20,21)
ScalaGP will be bringing up the rear on the grid with Silvestre joining Somogyi on the last row. After setting the 19th fastest time in the first runs he wasn't able to improve.

20th John Warrington - Aston Martin Racing (11,18,18,20)
This will be a surprise for the grid as JW just couldn't find a decent setup for the whole of qualifying. Although initially holding 11th place after the first runs, he ultimately slipped down to 20th position.

19th Ross Cartwright - Southern Cross Racing (18,17,17,19)
Cartwrights highest position was 13th after his 2nd run, but this would only be good enough for 19th at the end of qualifying.

18th Daniel Thomas - Southern Cross Racing (14,19,19,18)
Aussie Thomas was the last driver to improve his time, but this only moved him up one place ahead of his team mate.

17th Christopher Hinz - MAC Racing (17,21,21,17)
Hinz was initially in 17th, slipping down to 21st before improving back up to 17th.

16th Rodrigo Vilela - Alpha Racing Team (13,16,16,16)
Vilela best time was on his first run which was only good enough for 13th. This became 16th after the second runs, where he was to stay.

15th Carlos Rodríguez - Alpha Racing Team (7,14,15,15)
Both ART cars line up side by side on the grid. Although very briefly being on pole, Rodríguez had a similar qualifying session to Vilela, not being able to improve on his initial time of 7th place in the first runs.

14th Ben Johnson - Scuderia Minardi (8,13,14,14)
Minardi boss van Smirren wouldn't have been expecting a midfield place when he set up his teams +8bhp team boost. Johnson was 8th then improved slightly to 7th before slipping down to 14th place.

13th Jack Hunsley - MAC Racing (16,12,13,13)
Hunsley lines up in 13th on the grid thanks to his driver boost briefly putting him into 7th place on his second timed run.

12th Connor Steer - Snake Motorsports (6,11,12,12)
Connor Steer must be pretty pleased with his debut showing for SMS. Last out the pits on the first runs to take a fantastic 6th place. However, this time couldn't be improved upon and he slipped down to 12th.

11th Jack Elleker - Christel VXR (12,10,11,11)
Elleker, with the help of his teams +4bhp can of whoop-ass, was as high up the grid as 6th place after his second outing.

10th Owen Edwards - True North Racing (9,9,10,10)
Into the top ten and Edwards is really growing into his role of TNR race driver. He improved from his 9th place to 6th on his second run before slipping back to 10th.

9th Charrel Jalving - Martini Paddock Racing (4,7,8,9)
Jalving would have been pleased with 4th place, but couldn't improve his setup on his later runs and dropped back to 9th position.

8th Glen Sheppard - Snake Motorsports (15,15,5,8)
Although concentrating on his teams entry into the GPGSL for next season, Sheppard was still focused enough to take 8th place on the grid. Intially in a disappointing 15th place, he drove a fantastic lap to 5th place which became 8th.

7th Ruben Greidanus - Team Shadow Subaru (5,8,9,7)
Never dropping out of the top ten during qualifying, Ruben will no doubt be a little disappointed with 7th considering his double team and driver boost.

6th Dean Kittleson - Scuderia Minardi (3,6,7,6)
Another driver firmly in the top ten. Intially in 3rd after his first run, he moved up to 5th from 7th as late as his fourth run, finishing in 6th spot.

5th Michael Pedersen - Christel VXR (19,5,6,5)
Pedersen's massive improvement on his second run, a jump from 19th to 5th, must have been a relief for him and his team. Slipping back to 6th, he climbed back to 5th on his 4th run.

4th Norbert Horváth - True North Racing (20,3,4,4)
Contrasting fortunes for the local heroes. Whereas Somogyi was rooted to last spot, Horváth was initially stuck down there with him to begin with in 20th, but flew into 3rd after finding the sweet spot in his setup on his second run. Finished 4th after Maverick beat his time later on.

3rd John Maverick - Martini Paddock Racing (2,4,3,3)
Maverick used his driver boost well to recover back to 3rd place after slipping to 4th after his initial 2nd position in the first round.

2nd Marko Aleksander - Team Shadow Subaru (10,2,2,2)
Slovenian Aleksander put in a banker in the first round for 10th place. He improved on that on his second run with a 2nd place that he never lost for the rest of qualifying.

1st Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing (1,1,1,1)
Another pole position for the Australian. He took pole by over half a second on his very first run, although Aleksander got much nearer later on in the session.

Stay tuned for the official results.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Hungarian Grand Prix

Official Qualifying Results

Maverick post-qualifying statement

"Of course I'm very happy with 3rd. Could have been 2nd, too, but without a team boost which I expected to have here, I simply lacked the pace to go with the front two. But our longruns looked better again. If the tyres don't fall off the same way they did last race, which was a total disaster, I hope I should be able to defend 3rd at least. And who knows what might be possible with a good start. My future team mate Ed will be hard to attack, I guess, but who knows. It worked out once already this season, maybe it also will work out a second a time. But there are strong drivers behind me. Horvath, on his home race, will be extremely motivated, hopefully not too motivated. Pedersen showed some strong race already, too. And Kittleson with this boosted car...if he doesn't blow up he might be a real threat. We'll see. Another podium would just be though what we need to bring this season to a good end and defend P3 in the WCC at least."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Relatively pleased with qualifying for the boys. From 5th and 11th we should be able to challenge for some solid points. Hopefully Jack will be able to make up some positions. I like the way that the coverage was done as well, something different from what we are all used to...I like it!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Pretty happy with 11th, but wow, Michael has some serious pace, very impressive

We're gonna have to pull out all the stops if Rod and Carlos are going to get good points.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Hopefully there will be a kind of levelling at the end of the season, because this is getting boring.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Solid start for TSS. I think Eds boost has put him out of reach this weekend however

Owen Edwards @oensan 32m
Delighted with our Top 10 starting position. Good luck to @nhorry in his home race tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
A nice and different coverage, shame that our performance wasn't so good. We might get something if we remain out of trouble.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy