GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
I prefer MSI Afterburner, which has already been mentioned, although I have a NVidia card. Works quite well though. But interestingly also MSI Afterburner lags a bit with GP4 for me, and that with a high-end machine. I rather have the feeling that GP4 doesn't like any coverage-software at all

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I prefer MSI Afterburner, which has already been
> mentioned, although I have a NVidia card. Works
> quite well though. But interestingly also MSI
> Afterburner lags a bit with GP4 for me, and that
> with a high-end machine. I rather have the feeling
> that GP4 doesn't like any coverage-software at all

Glad its not just me then. Do we know if its possible to use the replay that the game takes or does it not get saved?

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

If I remember correctly you can save the replay manually. You have to extend the replay time though as in standard it's only a minute or something. However, I've never tried to export that video as it's saved in GP4 ingame format. There might be programs to convert it, but I don't know any and have never tried it out. For me it works quite well though to do video coverage with Afterburner or Fraps, as the lag you see ingame gets somehow filtered in the video coverage.

GPGSL Hungarian Grand Prix

Race Day - Part One

Welcome race fans to the greatest show on earth! Well on GrandPrixGames.org at least ;)
Ed Greenhalgh sits on pole and could win the drivers title today. A win would guarantee the championship of course, but if he didn't there are just too many scenarios too count for my poor brain to handle.
John Warrington starting near the back makes Greenhalgh job today so much easier.

The drivers line up.

And they are away! Pedersen gets a fantastic start from 5th, but Horváth just got bogged down in his 4th place on the grid.

Greenhalgh leads from Aleksander, Pedersen, Maverick, Greidanus and the two TNR boys.

End of lap one.

Hunsley attempts to take Elleker.

Positions after the first lap.

Maverick comes under pressure from Greidanus.

Kittleson runs wide in the last corner.

Can he hold on to it?

Well held sir! Unfortunately that means Kittleson has dropped to 16th place.

Greidanus has passed Maverick for 4th.

The replay shows he took him at the end of the start/finish straight.

Maverick now defends from the TNR's.

Greenhalgh takes another fastest lap.

Hunsley still trying to pass Elleker.

Edwards passes his team mate Horváth.

Elleker now with quite a queue behind him.

The Christel VXR man makes a mistake and Hunsley is by him.

Greenhalgh makes a rare mistake.

Aleksander closes up as a result.

Somogyi, having started last, is up to 16th.

But then he spoils it by spinning!

He's collected by Cartwright.

Cartwright becomes our first retirement of the race.

Edwards pulling away.

Jalving in 8th with Sheppard close behind.

Greidanus pressing on in 3rd having passed Pedersen unseen by our crapola cameramen.

Warrington struggling down in 17th, at least he isn't last anymore!

40 laps to go.

Johnson overtakes Elleker.

Rodríguez has a slight off.

Kittleson fighting back.

Johnson has soon pulled a gap on Elleker.

Pedersen is now down to 5th place, the cameramen are playing a blinder!

Aleksander comfortably 2nd, but slipping back off the lead.

Sheppard locks up and runs wide.

He's hit the tyres and lost a wheel.

Vilela takes 13th from Steer.

35 laps to go.

Hunsley takes Jalving.

Vilela almost does a Somogyi.

Greenhalgh still leads. It's looking good for the title.

Aleksander still plugging away in 2nd.

Edwards fails in a bid to overtake Pedersen.

Horváth follows hoping for a slip up.

The local hero decides to take new tyres.

Maverick has also pitted.

Greidanus too.

Greidanus rejoins in 10th just ahead of Warrington.

Maverick in 14th.

Horváth drops to 17th after his stop.

30 laps to go.

Stay tuned for part two! Sometime tomorrow! :)

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Pretty disappointing from me, hope my pace improves after a stop

Matteo Scala Interviewed

A lot of time has passed since when ScalaGP announced its retirement from the league. But we never had the chance to have a long talk about it with Matteo Scala. Until today of course.

Q: Matteo, your announcement,1 month ago, made it look like your company is facing some economical issues. Is it true?
A: Partially yes. The budget wasn't going to let the team participate for more than one season,especially now that we're putting more efforts in the chassis department. Also,some of our financial partners aren't going to renew their sponsorship due to the lack of results we showed in the actual season.
Q: Is there a chance to see ScalaGP again in GPGSL?
A: I doubt that. In three seasons I've learned a lot of things about being a teamboss and I concluded that I'm not good enough for being one. I've had at least one unactive driver at season and that's a bad achievement.
Q: What will happen to Motori Moderni? Will it all be owned by Ricardo Van Smirren?
A: It will stay 'fifty fifty'. What happened to ScalaGP doesn't influence Motori Moderni's ownership. Our chassis are still developed around MM engines and we aren't looking for another engine partner.
Q: What about your chassis? Not long ago you announced the SAR001...
A: It's a pity that we won't be there to make it officially debut in GPGSL. I used to love the car... don't get me wrong,I still like it,but the renewed SMD-ZG01 is almost like a twin to it. They adopt similar aero details, and we believe that not many teambosses would be available to spend time swapping from SMD-ZG02 to SAR001. Next time we'll have to be more careful about the choices we do on our chassis.
Q: Is there an intention to create more chassis for GPGSL?
A: We always create chassis,no matter if it's for GPGSL or not. Until now we never created a car for GPGSL on purpose. And I prefer it this way because it doesn't make us rush to complete our works prematurely.
Q: Tell us something about your experience as teamboss.
A: Well,it had its ups and its downs. First season was probably the easiest one; there was no pressure on us, we were just the new team. Yet in S5 our rivalty with VSM started. It's funny to see that Ricardo and I have become good friends despite it. Maybe because VSM sucked in S6, who knows. S6... it reminds me of our first(and probably last) win in a Grand Prix and the other amazing results we reached until the 7th place in the WCC.
Q: And then there's S7...
A: My worse season. As teamboss and probably as test driver. I had some great expectations, especially with Gianluigi and Zsigmond on the race seats,but we simply couldn't figure out the car. And last qualify showed that in 15 races we've hardly done a step forward the solution.
Q: A bad ending for a promising team(?)
A: Bah the potential was there, I always believed in my drivers, maybe I should motivated a bit more the crew...
Q: And now there's Demon Racing...
A: I wish Glen and his crew the best of the luck. Same for Gianluigi,Zsigmond and Sebastian and the other drivers who've driven for our team previously.
Q: What will happen to the former ScalaGP's teamboss now?
A: I still have my driving duties. Coming back on track is my first option for S8.
Q: Would you accept a race seat for S8?
A: Do you know someone crazy enough who would put me in a race seat? ;) I'm confident to find a test seat, but a race seat... I see it difficult for S8.
Q: That's enough for us. Thanks to Matteo Scala for the long interview.
A: You're welcome.

My GPGSL Career
Stoopid Wrote:
> Ooh everyone fighting over Monil lol
>
> It's nice to be popular though isn't it? ;)

Yes... quite the fun isn't it? ;)
So far so good!

X (@ed24f1)
I'm off for 10 days everyone, so once again I leave MPR in the hands of the ever capable John Maverick. I'll be back on the 10th July. :)

Cheers

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I declare Nickv GPGSL champion for all future seasons. All seasons that did not have Nickv as champion have now been declared null and void.

GPGSL Wrote:
> I declare Nickv GPGSL champion for all future
> seasons. All seasons that did not have Nickv as
> champion have now been declared null and void.

Hmm...using the GPGSL account, this could be ANYONE. We got a mystery to solve here, Scoob...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Except for the first two with Gui Racing (or Senninha or whatever it was) dominating.
weee up to 3rd but has dropped back again. Cant recall seeing when it happend? or am i just completly blind? =)

Lets just hope i can stay in the top 5 :)
LMAO! NICK, dont hack mate ! Thats not cool :O

GPGSL Schreef:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
GPGSL Wrote:

This is even sadder news than the Scala departure :-(

And thats one out, off course the car that was in the points ...

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Hmmm, I was going to post the rest of the race tonight. However, imageshack is being a git and not allowing me to upload any pics :(

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I just say again: imgbox.com

JohnMaverick Wrote:
> I just say again: imgbox.com

I've started using it, and I must say it's pretty good :)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Out already :(
Bad weekend so far for the team, hope Daniel can salvage something.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy