GPGSL S7 [SEASON COMPLETED!!!] Rule Changes Announced For S8.

Posted by GPGSL 
The silly season continues...

I bet John goes to AMR...but we still don't know about who's leaving TSS/TSM

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
So what are the lineups for next year? From what i can remember/find here's how its looking:

1. Aston Martin Racing
#1 Ed Greenhalgh
#2 John Maverick
TD1 #24 Stuart Ingers
TD2 #25 Daniel Thomas

2. Team Shadow Subaru
#4 Tobias Kederer
TD1 #26 Tom Pellatt
TD2 #27 Josh Copeman

3. Martini Paddock Racing
TD1 #28 Jack Hunsley
TD2 #29

4. True North Racing
#7 Norbert Horvath
#8 Owen Edwards
TD1 #30
TD2 #31

5. Christel VXR
#9 Jack Elleker
#10 Michael Pedersen
TD1 #32 Gary Spencer
TD2 #33 Connor Steer

6. Scuderia Minardi
TD1 #34
TD2 #35

7. ART
#14 Carlos Rodríguez
#15 Rodrigo Vilela
TD1 #36 Dominic Brunner
TD2 #37 Stefan Van Renselaar

8. Southern Cross Racing
#16 Ross Cartwright
#17 Joseph Gilson
TD1 #38
TD2 #39 Maikel De Boer?

9. Snake Motorsports
TD1 #40
TD2 #41 Mal Stoddart?

10. MAC Racing
#20 Christopher Hinz
#21 Adam Davies
TD1 #42 Gianluigi Silvestre
TD2 #43 Nathan McGregor

11. Demon Racing
#22 Jake Legge
#23 Zsigmond Somogyi
TD1 #34 Glen Sheppard
TD2 #35 Sebastian Nell

But i may well have missed some stuff, like a VSM press conference, could have sworn they were staying the same...
Plus if anyone i have put up is not confirmed, say so, i don't want people thinking i know inside info ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 12:13AM by truecrysis.
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But i may well have missed some stuff

like the number 9? Your list goes from team 8 SCR to team 10 Snake ;)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Addrodoc Wrote:
> truecrysis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > But i may well have missed some stuff
>
>
> like the number 9? Your list goes from team 8 SCR
> to team 10 Snake ;)

Oh yeh... you would never believe i do a maths degree ;)

truecrysis Wrote:
> Addrodoc Wrote:
> -----
> > truecrysis Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > But i may well have missed some stuff
> >
> >
> > like the number 9? Your list goes from team 8
> SCR
> > to team 10 Snake ;)
>
> Oh yeh... you would never believe i do a maths
> degree ;)

Whoa, you could give me a hand sometime with derivatives hehe ;-)

This is very interesting, many top teams with seats available. However, glad to know my spot is secured at Alpha.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Maybe I jumped out of a race seat to go Team Bossing a bit early....???!!!! LOL

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
My word there are some huge changes to make for next season. I didn't realise there were that many spare seats.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

CaptinFranko Wrote:
> My word there are some huge changes to make for
> next season. I didn't realise there were that many
> spare seats.

Aye, but there's a few unconfirmed drivers that we'd imagine would stay at their teams...

It looks pretty open at Snake...depends on whether or not Tommi continues in S8.

I would assume that Rico and Dan Mills would continue to test for their own teams...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 12:04AM by Incident 2k9.
Maverick confirms leaving MPR but stays silent about his future

After the - for some interested followers surprising - announcement that JM would leave MPR, John Maverick today confirmed this announcement at a press conference.
"Yes, it is true that I will leave MPR again. There have not been any hard feelings between Dan and me but I won't say more than that at the current point. A full statement about my reasons and my future will be given some time in the next days. Until then I won't comment any rumors, as ridiculous as they might be. I want to concentrate on the remaining races of the season, as I want to give my absolute best for MPR. Anything else doesn't matter at the moment. Thank you for you attention."

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
John Maverick returns to Aston Martin Racing

AMR are pleased to announce that John Maverick will be joining our race team for season 8. We are especially pleased as John is a former tester with the team and we have kept in contact ever since.

John Maverick: "Honestly, thanks for this chance and I'll definitely give my best to use it. I don't expect to be a real challenge for Ed concerning the title, but P2 in WDC along with another shot for the WCC is of course my aim. And I am sure Ed and me will be a superb team. I can learn a lot from such an experienced driver. And I sincerely hope that I can shoo away the bad luck of this second seat at AMR which John Warrington had to fight so hard against."

Stuart Ingers: "It's great to have John Maverick back at AMR, remember that he was in the test team with John Warrington. I didn't want to let him go then, but I knew he wanted to race so badly. I would like to send my immense gratitude to Dan Paddock for allowing John to leave MPR"

Aston Martin Racing
Race 1 - Ed Greenhalgh
Race 2 - John Maverick
Test 1 - Stuart Ingers
Test 2 - Daniel Thomas

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> John Maverick returns to Aston Martin Racing
>
> AMR are pleased to announce that John Maverick
> will be joining our race team for season 8. We are
> especially pleased as John is a former tester with
> the team and we have kept in contact ever since.
>
> John Maverick: "Honestly, thanks for this chance
> and I'll definitely give my best to use it. I
> don't expect to be a real challenge for Ed
> concerning the title, but P2 in WDC along with
> another shot for the WCC is of course my aim. And
> I am sure Ed and me will be a superb team. I can
> learn a lot from such an experienced driver. And I
> sincerely hope that I can shoo away the bad luck
> of this second seat at AMR which John Warrington
> had to fight so hard against."
>
> Stuart Ingers: "It's great to have John Maverick
> back at AMR, remember that he was in the test team
> with John Warrington. I didn't want to let him go
> then, but I knew he wanted to race so badly. I
> would like to send my immense gratitude to Dan
> Paddock for allowing John to leave MPR"
>
> Aston Martin Racing
> Race 1 - Ed Greenhalgh
> Race 2 - John Maverick
> Test 1 - Stuart Ingers
> Test 2 - Daniel Thomas

...and there go both season 8 titles.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

So now we have a pair of Fangios at AMR and the rest of us seem to be a bunch of Stirling Moss' clones. Title chances? We have a saying in Uruguay: It's hard for a pig to whistle ;)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Might as well engrave the trophies for the Season 8 champions, and move on to Season 9.....(H)(B)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
shep34 Wrote:
> Might as well engrave the trophies for the Season
> 8 champions, and move on to Season 9.....(H)(B)

I'll chat to Jack, Michael and Gary and see if they can back off in a couple of race's to give you guys a chance so that Christel VXR, Elleker or Pederson and Spencer or Steer aren't engraved into the trophies too quickly ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 02:45AM by truecrysis.
Welcome to the team John, great to have you onboard!

X (@ed24f1)
Interesting change for AMR and the implications for MPR could be interesting too... I'm pretty confident about TSS for next season however, people shouldn't forget that Tobias has dominated the testers championship this season and I think he'll push Ed hard going into next season.

Gonna be a interesting 8th season :)
indeed some interesting developments at MPR and AMR

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
truecrysis Wrote:
> shep34 Wrote:
> -----
> > Might as well engrave the trophies for the
> Season
> > 8 champions, and move on to Season 9.....(H)(B)
>
>
> I'll chat to Jack, Michael and Gary and see if
> they can back off in a couple of race's to give
> you guys a chance so that Christel VXR, Elleker or
> Pederson and Spencer or Steer aren't engraved into
> the trophies too quickly ;)

No can do ;)
NO MERCY!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 01:04PM by JackHammer.
Maverick press conference after his transfer to AMR for season 8

"Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen for coming. After Stu (Ingers) announced the transfer rather quickly, I feel it's time for a statement to my transfer. Of course I feel honored that AMR chose me as a replacement for John Warrington after his final retirement. He is still a great driver, proved his abilities by being World Champion and it's indeed a great loss for AMR to leave him. I am sure I will never be able to fill the boots he leaves there, but I'll bring in all my best and will help the team in other ways.
His retirements created a bit of confusion over the time. After his first announcement of retirement I contacted Stu rather quickly as it was always a dream for me to return to my first team and race for them on a competitive level. In this regard I feel very honored that some people compare me to Fangio, but I feel like this is way too much. Fangio was an incredible driver and if there is one to be compared to him, it's my teammate Ed Greenhalgh. I am not sure if I'll really be able to attack him next season, but I will rather use the chance to learn from all his experience to get even better. As for the confusion I was talking about, JW changed his mind again and the topic was closed for the moment. As my season at MPR was really satisfying so far, I even signed a contract at MPR for next season, in the background. But after JW's renewed announcement of retirement, Stu and me talked once more.
I can't thank Dan Paddock enough for letting me get out of this contract. Of course I would have never broken this contract and would have gladly fulfilled it. But Dan knew how much it means to me to return to my first team and race for them. Again I can only say that Dan is such a great guy and it was an absolute pleasure to drive for him. And I'm in big hope and have much confidence that he'll find another great driver for this great team.
There's a lot of talking in the paddock at the moment. I hear people say that AMR has already won both titles for S8. I'm actually not so sure of that. Of course Ed and me will hopefully be a good pair of drivers and of course it would be nice to bring home both titles at the end of S8, but there are strong contenders either. You can never forget about TSS/TSM, who are always strong and always challenge us, no matter who will pair up with Tobias Kederer, of whom I expect a really strong first season. Also MPR is always a contender. Charrel is a really strong driver, if he stays with MPR. And it's interesting to see who will fill the second seat. And there's TNR with also a strong pair of drivers. Other than that you never know what the administration will do to implement new rules. There'll be a lot going on after the season has closed, I'm sure.

Thank you very much for your time and your interest. And now I'll go back to the simulator to prepare for the last races as I'm willed to give AMR a hard time as long as I still sit in an MPR!"

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy