GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Re: GP2 Manager - 2005
Date: July 30, 2011 07:47PM
Posted by: Macca25
Pluis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the season hasn't started yet, so I would say;
> change it now

This season may not have started yet, but people have already contracted drivers.
They may have missed out on another driver to get the one they have and now you want to take them away from them.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 30, 2011 08:00PM
Posted by: Reve-san
As it really is kind of unlogic, that experienced F1 drivers join GP2, I would agree with the following rule: People who have driven a whole season in Formula 1 can´t join GP2 except as a loan driver. After all GP2 Series idea is to give young drivers a chance to get into Formula 1.

Lucasinio already said, that he would be willing to loose Frentzen. The next question is, if ginnerchris is willing to loose McNish. If not, lets introduce this rule for 2006. And if he is willing to loose him, I would suggest introducing the rule immediately.

I would like to ask all GP2 Series Manager to reply, what you think of my suggestion.

Greetings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 08:02PM by Reve-san.
Date: July 30, 2011 08:16PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
I think it's a good idea, I couldn't imagine realistically a former championship contender competing in a F1 feeder series.
Date: July 31, 2011 02:13AM
Posted by: mogotron
It makes sense, make it a rule
Date: July 31, 2011 04:26PM
Posted by: ginnerchris
I'll go with the community consensus, but I think the rule should also apply for loan drivers as these will usually be inexperienced 3rd drivers.
How does it affect already signed exsisting loan contracts?

I do feel we're going to be a little short of drivers, and wondered if we have included all the drivers who were driving in 2005.
I think we have this issue because some of the drivers have moved up to F1 early (Hamilton for example).

Sorry I've been quiet the last few days. I'm on holiday in a rural backwater with pretty poor phone/internet coverage!
Date: July 31, 2011 04:52PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Yeah I think the rule should also apply to loan drivers

But what has happened is that the guys in F1 have signed all the good talent that would have been in GP2

One team has Vettel and Rosberg as race drivers, Vettel was only about 17 in 2005, and they both were in Formula 3 as far as I know back then

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: July 31, 2011 05:00PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Yeah I think the rule should also apply to loan
> drivers
>
> But what has happened is that the guys in F1 have
> signed all the good talent that would have been in
> GP2
>
> One team has Vettel and Rosberg as race drivers,
> Vettel was only about 17 in 2005, and they both
> were in Formula 3 as far as I know back then

Rosberg was in GP2 in 2005, he won the title didn't he? And anyway He's been loaned to Super Nova for the season so he'll be in GP2. Also the reason Vettel and other GP2 stars are in F1 next season is because at the time they were sold we hadn't even thought of starting the GP2 series.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: July 31, 2011 05:00PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
If this rule applies for loan drivers too, then what would be the point of having sister teams if you cant loan out any driver you like? I agree for normal paid-for drivers, but i think loan drivers should be allowed.

Date: July 31, 2011 07:29PM
I don´t think the rule should apply to loan drivers as well. The only thing I could think of is, that we introduce a rule like "People over the age of 30 are not allowed to join the GP2 Series, except they did not drive more than 10 races in Formula 1". Like that older but unexperienced drivers can be loaned out, while it still gives unexperienced drivers the chance to improve and show their talent. This rule would then detach my previous suggestion.
Also some news :)

HiTech Racing signing two drivers
Sergio Hernandéz and Nelson Piquet Jr. will drive for HiTech Racing next year. Hernandéz, the 22 years old spanish driver is competing in the spanish Formula 3 at the moment. "I am glad to join HiTech Racing next year. After driving in spanish Formula 3 for my 3rd season now, I feel ready to drive in an international Formula Series. I´m hoping to not disapoint them." His contract is said to be worth around £6m.
3 times Champion Nelson Piquet´s son Nelson Angelo Piquet, often refeared to as Nelson Piquet Jr., is going to join the team, owned by his father: HiTech/Piquet Racing. Even though Piquet received some interesting offers from other teams, including a Formula 1 team, Nelson decided to join his fathers team. Still, they had to pay quite a lot: The contract is said to be worth around £7.5m.

Drivers available until august, 3rd
Alexandre Negrão – 20, £5m
Giorgio Pantano – 26, £5.5m
Adam Carroll – 23, £4m
Ryan Sharp – 26, £4m
Toni Vilander – 25, £4m
Enrique Bernoldi – 27, £4m
Yuji Ide – 30, £5m

Drivers still available
Hiroki Yoshimoto – 25, £500k
Olivier Pla – 24, £1m
Benoît Tréluyer – 29, £4m

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2011 07:38PM by Reve-san.
Date: July 31, 2011 07:42PM
Posted by: ginnerchris
Can you remind us which drivers are still available as I still need another race driver and hopefully a test driver too.
Date: July 31, 2011 10:31PM
Posted by: Chris2k6
I agree that drivers should not have plenty of f1 experience. The rules should be the same as the gp2 rules as mentioned. With loanee drivers hopefully the drivers will be younger inexperienced drivers rather then older drivers
Date: August 01, 2011 08:07AM
ginnerchris wrote:
> Can you remind us which drivers are still
> available as I still need another race driver and
> hopefully a test driver too.

If you didn´t see the post right above yours, you can always check the first post. Drivers available are marked fat, while sold drivers are scratched.
Date: August 02, 2011 01:31PM
Posted by: Chris2k6
Might be an idea to try get this stickied
HiTech Racing Statement

We are really happy for Sergio Hernandez and Nelson Piquet Jr. Hope they will do a good job in this season
Junior Red Bull Racing Press Release

After failing to clinch Heinz-Harald Frentzen to complete their driver line-up for the 2005 season, Team Principal Luke Russell has turned his attention to another driver.

"We have lined up a quality driver that hopefully will sign in the next few days, that I believe will give us one of the strongest line-ups on the grid for the forthcoming season" Luke Russell said earlier this afternoon.

Junior Red Bull Racing completes line-up
Originally Heinz-Harald Frentzen was meant to join Junior Red Bull Racing in 2005 GP2 Series Season, but a change of rules ruined this deal. Now Junior Red Bull have found an interesting alternative: The 27 years old brasilian driver Enrique Bernoldi. The contract is said to be worth around £6m.
It is yet to be announced if he, or Miloš Pavlović will get the role of 2nd driver.

Adam Carroll yet to make decision
23 years old Adam Carroll has not decided which team to join in 2005. „It is hard, as I received an equal offer from two teams: Campos Racing and Super Nova Racing have both offered £7m. As both teams have a link-up with a Formula 1 team, I could not decided, which team to join.“ He furthermore tells us, that he is now waiting if the teams can agree on a solution, or if they offer even more money.*

iSport International signs contract
The british team iSport International signed a contract with italian Giorgio Pantano. He therewith completes the needed line-up for iSport International, while they still may search for an optional test driver. Even though some other teams offered a contract to Pantano, noone could match the offer of £6.5m.

BCN Competition signing second driver
2003 German Formula Renault Champion Ryan Sharp signed a contract with BCN Competition today. „I am very glad to have signed a contract. A long time, I didn´t receive any offers, but then BCN Competition came up and offered a contract worth £6m. I know hope, I will be get the chance as 2nd driver.“

*Dear SuffolkF1, dear Regular John :)
You now have two possibilities of signing Adam Carroll: You can either make an arrangement, by paying some money to the other team, or offer more money to Carroll. You will have time until saturday night, so take it one step on a time. I would suggest, you first of all send an offer for Carroll to me. Then try to make an arrangement via PM yourselfes. If you complete one, please both send a PM with the details of the arrangement. The offers you made for Carroll will then automatically be ignored and the arrangement will be used. If you can´t agree on a solution, the team bidding the most money will get Carroll.

Available until 7th august
Alexandre Prémat – 23, £4m
Giorgio Mondini – 25, £3m
Borja García – 23, £3m
Jean-Christophe Ravier – 26, £3.5m
Félix Porteiro – 22, £500k

Still available*
Alexandre Negrão – 20, £5m
Hiroki Yoshimoto – 25, £500k
Olivier Pla – 24, £1m
Toni Vilander – 25, £4m
Yuji Ide – 30, £5m
Benoît Tréluyer – 29, £4m

*If a driver did not receive any offer, he will stay available until he receives an offer. He will then sign a contract one day after receiving offers.

Also...

ricktworick1 wrote:
> Reve-san, you must add a line about loan drivers
> in new (2) rules. Gene is already 30, but he's
> still allowed as a loan driver.

Done :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 08:26PM by Reve-san.
Great missed out on another driver

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
BCN Competition

BCN Competition are today pleased to announce there 2005 line up for the new GP2 Season! The team have signed two exceptionally talented British drivers. The first driver will be Richard Lyons, current formula Nippon champion. He will be partnered by Ryan Sharp, former formula Renault regular and championship contender. Team owner Chris Stokel had the following to say,
"We are pleased to have our two drivers for the start of the GP2 season. It's great to see that we have two British drivers in a British team. This was our main focus, meaning no language barriers. We realise that we won't have a test driver as such at the team but we are going to talk to GP2 Principle Reve-san about running younger British talent alongside Richard or Ryan in our car for tests. For now we will concentrate on getting the car ready and let Ryan and Richard show what Britain has to offer in terms of driving talent and team commitment."
ART GP gets temporarily team principle
After suffolkf1 leaving ART Grand Prix for Formula 1 team BAR, the team was left alone in the hard time of negotiations. Now McLaren team principle JohnWarrington announced, that he will take this opportunity to take over the team, but only until "someone comes in for it". The team hopes to find a long time solution soon, but they are glad to have found an experienced manager, especially in times like this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy