GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Re: GP2 Manager - 2005
Date: August 08, 2011 06:36PM
Posted by: ginnerchris
Racing Engineering Statement
We're delighted to welcome Benoît to the team, and are sure his time in single seaters and sportscars will add some experience to the team as we begin our test programme. We are thrilled that we were able to do a deal for a talented driver and we believe this shows that teams should not be held to ransom by drivers demanding exorbitant payments, and view this series as an opportunity to further hone their race-craft and a powerful shop window to the pinnacle of motorsport.

In terms of driver roles for the forthcoming season, we can today announce that both drivers are guaranteed 6 race drives through the season as part of the contracts they have signed. The line up for the Imola GP will be announced once our final driver is revealed and pre-season testing has been completed.
Date: August 08, 2011 10:19PM
Posted by: SuffolkF1
Team Campos Racing Statement:

"Once again, we lose out on yet another of our potential targets. It is very demoralising, and disheartening to keep being overlooked by the drivers on the market, who are greedy ****s. Drivers can now come to us if they want to genuinely drive for the team, I am fed up of being turned away or ignored by drivers time and again. If they want to drive for Campos, they can come and find me."
Date: August 08, 2011 10:32PM
Posted by: Addrodoc
Coloni Motorsports looking forward to testing

After signing Italian driver Ferdinando Monfardini to complete our racing lineup, and Spaniard Félix Porteiro as reserve and test driver, we are almost ready for the pre-season tests. We are having a seat fitting at our base in Perugia for all three of our drivers tomorrow, then Coloni Motorsports will be completely prepared for what we hope to be some productive tests for us, before the start of the racing season.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Date: August 10, 2011 07:35PM
Posted by: Reve-san
Another completed line-up
With the signing of José María López Racing Engineering is now the 6th team to complete its line-up. It is said, that another team wanted to sign López as a test driver, but it couldn´t match the offer of £3.7m. Therewith there are only 2 teams left, which need a second driver. This could be their best chance now, as they are only bidding against each other, among 16 unsigned drivers! The chance of signing a driver has never been higher!

Drivers availabe until august, 14th
Can Artam – 24, £1m
Ernesto Viso – 20, £1m
Fairuz Fauzy – 23, £1m
Nicolas Lapierre – 21, £1m
Simon Abadie – 27, £1m

Drivers still available*
Alexandre Negrão – 20, £3.5m (Original: £5m)
Olivier Pla – 24, £500k (Original: £1m)
Giorgio Mondini – 25, £2m
Toni Vilander – 25, £3.5m (Original: £4m)
Borja García – 23, £3m
Juan Cruz Álvarez – 20, £2m
Clivio Piccione – 21, £2m
Jean-Christophe Ravier – 26, £3m (Original: £3.5m)
Tristan Gommendy – 26, £2m
Celso Míguez – 22, £1.5m

*If a driver did not receive any offer, he will stay available until he receives an offer. He will then sign a contract one day after receiving offers.
Date: August 10, 2011 08:08PM
Racing Engineering Statement
We're delighted to have completed the signing of José María López, who raced in F3000 last season and so has experience at this level.
As we stated in our statement yesterday, our race drives will be allocated based on the results of pre-season testing.

Lopez said today "I'm delighted to have joined up with the Racing Engineering team, and look forward to proving myself in the upcoming tests. I'm sure I can secure a race drive and have a shot at the championship if results go our way"

Team owner Chris Burland was relieved to have finally completed his driver line up "It's been a busy couple of weeks pinning down a competitive line up, and we're very happy with the line up we head into the season with."

One team member was overheard saying "Quite frankly, I don't think there's an awful lot of talent left; I hope for the sake of the team bosses who haven't filled their cars I'm wrong!"
Date: August 11, 2011 07:53PM
Pla finally signed
After waiting for quite some time, Olivier Pla today signed his contract to join GP2 Series with iSport International. The 24 years young french driver said, that he is "glad to not be forced to stop my career yet. I hope to improve by testing for iSport and will drive a few races as well." The contract is said to be worth around £600k.
Date: August 12, 2011 12:07AM
Posted by: mogotron
Isport press release.

"We are releived to have completed our driver lineup, we will now concentrate to get ready for the upcoming season. We should
Have a very competitive field in gp2 but we look forward for the challenge to battle other teams."
Date: August 12, 2011 11:09AM
Posted by: 3tec
ART Grand Prix Annoncement:

"Our team is looking forward for the first race in Imola. We hope Marc and Yuji are able to score for the team."
Date: August 14, 2011 11:00AM
Nicolas Lapierre signed
The last official round of negotiations is over. The last Driver signed is Nicolas Lapierre. He signed a contract worth £1m with David Price Racing. He therewith becomes the 2nd official driver, as Robert Doornbos is yet to be confirmed as test driver by Ferrari. As there are only 2 open race seats, it´s going to be interesting which team sings which driver.

Drivers still available *
Can Artam – 24, £500k (Original: £1m)
Ernesto Viso – 20, £500k (Original: £1m)
Fairuz Fauzy – 23, £1m
Simon Abadie – 27, £1m
Alexandre Negrão – 20, £3.5m (Original: £5m)
Giorgio Mondini – 25, £2m
Toni Vilander – 25, £3.5m (Original: £4m)
Borja García – 23, £3m
Juan Cruz Álvarez – 20, £1.5m (Original: £2m)
Clivio Piccione – 21, £2m
Jean-Christophe Ravier – 26, £3m (Original: £3.5m)
Tristan Gommendy – 26, £2m
Celso Míguez – 22, £1.5m

*If a driver did not receive any offer, he will stay available until he receives an offer. He will then sign a contract one day after receiving offers.

Race Number Shoot-Outs
I´m planning to run 2 test sessions in the next few weeks, to determine the race numbers for the teams. I will calculate the results as follows: Your drivers will have 30 minutes to drive as many laps as they want. The fastest laptimes of your two drivers will then be added (e.g. 1:14.358 + 1:14.979 = 2:29.337). This procedure will be used for both test sessions and then the added times will be added again (e.g. 2:29.337 + 2:13.115 = 4:42.452). These results will then result in the race numbers.
Should 2 teams have the exactly same time, only their best times of each sesssion will be added. If this results in the same as well, only the worst will be added. Should for any reason this result in the same time as well, the Gaps will be compared.

The test sessions will be hold on the following circuits:
1 - Nurburgring
2 - Hockenheimring

I would like to run the first session in two weeks, so I would like to ask Pluis and SuffolkF1 to make their final offers within the next week. I would also like to ask all teams with at least two drivers to post the two drivers who will be competing in the first Test Session.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 05:22PM by Reve-san.
Date: August 14, 2011 11:53AM
Posted by: RegularJohn
Rosberg and Carroll will participate in the first test session.
Date: August 14, 2011 01:23PM
Posted by: Addrodoc
Bruni and Monfardini will test for Coloni at the first test session.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Date: August 14, 2011 02:09PM
Kobayashi and Lopez will participate in the first test for Racing Engineering
Date: August 14, 2011 03:51PM
Posted by: 3tec
Gene and Lauda will test for our team in the first test session.
Date: August 14, 2011 08:27PM
Posted by: tonyschumi2011
Nelson Piquet Jr. and Sergio Hernandéz will partecipate in the first session for HiTech Racing
Date: August 14, 2011 08:42PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Wurz and Bernoldi will take part in the first test session for Junior Red Bull Racing

Date: August 15, 2011 04:01AM
I thought we(isport) signed Oliver Pla last round of driver signing, how come he still available? Anyways I want Paffet and Pantano for the test.

Thanks
Mo Goris
Date: August 15, 2011 04:10AM
Sorry for the double post.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 09:29PM by mogotron.
Date: August 18, 2011 10:35AM
Posted by: SuffolkF1
Team Campos Racing Statement:

It is with great shock and sadness to report from the team this morning that SuffolkF1 has had to reluctantly stand down from his managerial post at the team. The organisers were informed a short while ago of the news.

"It is not a decision I take lightly but I have a lot of other commitments outside racing and quite frankly, I sadly do not have the sufficient time required to properly manage the Campos team. I informed the rest of the team about my decision in the early hours of this morning (Thursday). I will be standing down with immediate effect. I wish to take the opportunity to thank the organisers (Reve-San), my Campos colleagues and everyone else and wish everyone all the best for the future."
Date: August 19, 2011 02:19PM
How many responses are we waiting for re shoot outs?
If I count right, I reckon 5

Also bumping up to help try and get a manager for Campos
Date: August 19, 2011 06:03PM
Posted by: Pluis
I still need to reply, but the negotiations for my second driver are going slow and my sister team contract hasn't been updated yet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2011 06:03PM by Pluis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy