GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Re: GP2 Manager - 2005
Date: August 19, 2011 06:06PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Pluis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still need to reply, but the negotiations for my
> second driver are going slow and my sister team
> contract hasn't been updated yet

Oh sorry I forgot about your offer :/

However...

Doornbos to compete in GP2
Current Ferrari test driver Robert Doornbos will be making the switch to GP2 next season after signing a £5m contract with Sauber GP2. The Dutchman will partner the young Finn Heikki Kovalainen in the upcoming season.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2011 06:09PM by Twigster151.
Date: August 19, 2011 06:10PM
Posted by: Pluis
Twigster151 Schreef:
> Pluis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I still need to reply, but the negotiations for
> my
> > second driver are going slow and my sister team
> > contract hasn't been updated yet
>
> Oh sorry I forgot about your offer :/
>
> However you have successfully signed Doornbos for
> £5m.

Sauber GP2

We're proud to present Doornbos as one of our drivers for the GP2 championship.

p.s Has CaptinFranko already contacted you and/or Reve-san about the sistercontract?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2011 06:11PM by Pluis.
Date: August 19, 2011 06:18PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Pluis Wrote:
> Twigster151 Schreef:
> -----
> > Pluis Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I still need to reply, but the negotiations
> for
> > my
> > > second driver are going slow and my sister
> team
> > > contract hasn't been updated yet
> >
> > Oh sorry I forgot about your offer :/
> >
> > However you have successfully signed Doornbos
> for
> > £5m.
>
>
> Sauber GP2
>
> We're proud to present Doornbos as one of our
> drivers for the GP2 championship.
>
>
> p.s Has CaptinFranko already contacted you and/or
> Reve-san about the sistercontract?

I can't answer for Reve but I haven't heard anything from him.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: August 19, 2011 07:17PM
Posted by: Reve-san
Twigster151 wrote:
> I can't answer for Reve but I haven't heard
> anything from him.

Neither have I.

Also apologize for beeing a little bit unactive the last few days, visited my girlfriend and her pc is broken. Some news:

BCN signs Viso
Ernesto Viso signed a contract with Ernesto Viso yesterday. "Due to some technical errors I wasn´t able to contact BCN until now, but now I´d like to announce that I accepted the contract offer they made." The contract is said to be worth £500k.

Campos Manager replaced
After the sudden retirement of SuffolkF1 a replacement has been found really fast: Vomit will take over the role of Campos Racings Team Principle. As Campos Racing is the last team to only have 1 driver, Vomit can now show if he has the right sense for young talented drivers.

Edit: Just wanted to let you know, that 7 teams announced their drivers for the shoot-out at nurburgring, so there are still 4 missing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2011 07:22PM by Reve-san.
Date: August 20, 2011 04:34PM
Posted by: Macca25
Junior Red Bull Racing Reveal Their Livery

The manager was not available for coment but will be realesing a statement at a later date.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: August 20, 2011 04:47PM
Macca25 schrieb:
> Junior Red Bull Racing Reveal Their Livery
>
> The manager was not available for coment but will
> be realesing a statement at a later date.
>
> [img594.imageshack.us]
> ullracing.jpg

This looks amazing. Could you send a link to the livery, so I can use it at the shoot-outs already?
Also, if anyone else wants to use a self-made livery, just send the link as well.
Date: August 20, 2011 08:49PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Junior Red Bull Racing Press Release

Team Principal Luke Russell:

Having seen the livery, I think we are going to show the GP2 series that we mean serious business for the forthcoming season. With our link-up with the Red Bull team, we hope we will be the team to beat, and hope that the recent success that the senior team had, with their race win, will pass on to us.

Date: August 22, 2011 01:20PM
Posted by: Chris2k6
Lyons and sharp will both feature in the first test for BCN
Date: August 22, 2011 05:56PM
Last driver seat taken
Toni Vilander is the lucky one to take the last open race driver seat at Campos Racing. The 25 years old finish driver is really happy to have signed a contract: "This is so awesome. I nearly lost hope, but now I have finally signed a contract." The contract is said to be worth £3.6m.
Date: August 23, 2011 02:28PM
Meh, double post.

Nurburgring Shoot-Out Results
Todays Nurburgring Shoot-Out saw 18 years young Kamui Kobayashi set the fastest lap time followed by further youngstars Nico Rosberg and Nelson Piquet Junior. Racing Engineering therewith takes the lead with +0.115 seconds to 2nd placed Super Nova Racing. The amazing power of the mercedes engine must also be mentioned as the top 3 teams are all using it. At ART Grand Prix meanwhile both drivers managed to drive exactly the same time.

I have a free day every tuesday from now on, so I´m planning to run the second shoot-out either this weekend or next tuesday, depending on how long it takes for all managers to announce their drivers for the second shoot-out (you have time until next monday). Note that teams which only have 2 drivers do not need to do so except they want to buy another driver in the meantime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2011 02:29PM by Reve-san.
Date: August 23, 2011 02:42PM
Posted by: Macca25
Is it possible for you to show a shot of each teams car? I am interested to see what they look like and to see what me JRBR car looks like in game.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Rosberg and Briscoe will participate in the second shoot-out.

Also, just to notify everyone that tomorrow I will be off to Spain for a week, and I'm not sure if I'll have access to the internet while I'm there, so I could be absent for the next 7 days.
Date: August 23, 2011 04:14PM
Macca25 wrote:
> Is it possible for you to show a shot of each
> teams car? I am interested to see what they look
> like and to see what me JRBR car looks like in
> game.

I took some screens of JRBR for you. [imageshack.us]

If the others are interested in pictures as well, just tell me :)
Disappointed in our showing really, hope the second test is better.

Wurz and Pavlovic will drive the second test for us.

Racing Engineering press release

Fabulous debut for Kobayashi
Rising star Kamui Kobayashi has firmly staked a claim for a race seat with racing engineering for the forthcoming season with the fastest time in the first shoot-out at the Nurburgring.
Kobayashi leapt from the car at the end of the session and said "Wonderful. Wonderful car, awesome engine, great feeling. I feel really at home with this team, and have a really good relationship with the team after just a couple of weeks.

The team moved to encourage the other drivers too: "We're thrilled for Kobayashi, and he was always our first choice for one of the race seats this season. However, we remain confident that the other drivers can push him hard, and will be looking for a reaction from them in forthcoming tests. Lopez did a great job today to finish in the top 10"

The team management went on to confirm that Kamui Kobayashi and Benoît Tréluyer will represent the team for the second shoot out next week.

===================================================================

I'd like to update the teams livery to include "Powered by Mercedes" and the new drivers names and helmets once the team numbers are confirmed by reve-san.
If anyone is interested in helping me with a livery update, can you send me a PM.
Sauber GP2

Not bad, we hope Doornbos can improve in the next test, solid performance from Heikki.

We'll test in the same formation for the next shoot-out
Coloni Motorsports

An OK performance overall, but hoping for an improvement for the second test. I'm pleased with Monfardini, he did well, but Bruni's time could've been better.

Coloni will run the same drivers, Bruni and Monfardini, for the second test.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Good to see Paffet to be rest of the best, we still got some work to do. For the second shoot out we will like to replace Pantano with our test driver Oliver Pla. To se how the youg buck fares.
DPR Press Statement

Very pleased with the result here

Alex was very quick on his first time out on the car, and Nicholas also put in a nice lap time

We also want to make it clear that we are still looking at signing a third driver

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy