GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Re: GP2 Manager - 2005
Date: July 19, 2011 10:35PM
Posted by: SuffolkF1
JohnWarrington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Breaking News
>
> Breaking news from the F1 paddock. Team Mclaren
> Mercedes are on the hunt for a GP2 team to act as
> a feeder team and are also looking at loaning out
> next season's test driver Nico Rosberg to a GP2
> team.

kedy89 Wrote:
> Breaking News (2)
>
> Team Jordan is planing to loan out their season
> 2005 testdriver Gianmaria Bruni to a GP2-team if
> someone is interested.

Team Campos Racing Statement

On McLaren: "Upon the press release from McLaren Mercedes F1 team, Campos Racing have today expressed their interest in a potential tie-up. (Nico) Rosberg is an exceptional young driver and without question, he is one of many drivers on our radar. We invite John Warrington to hold further discussions with us regarding the matter."

On Jordan: "Bruni is a talented young driver and if there is a possibility of a deal being done with Jordan, we would definitely be interested. It is important for us to build up connections and contacts within the Formula 1 paddock to establish ourselves.
Date: July 19, 2011 10:42PM
Posted by: ginnerchris
Racing Engineering Press Release
We too at racing engineering are interested in a link up with a current F1 team, but as we understood it, any negotiations would only take place when all team owners are confirmed and driver contact negotations are initiated by the GP2 management team.
Date: July 19, 2011 11:13PM
Posted by: DStonesF1
Arrows Statement

We here at Arrows are always looking for the next big star to come through the ranks. So we are interested in linking up with a GP2 team. Any GP2 team interested in linking up with Arrows should contact their manager DStonesF1
Date: July 19, 2011 11:15PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
Super Nova Racing Press Release
We are also interested in signing one of the test drivers from the current F1 teams and we hope discuss this matter with one of the team bosses when negotiations are possible.
Date: July 19, 2011 11:33PM
Posted by: Twigster151
I've already posted this in the F1 thread but seeing as I don't know how often the GP2 managers view that thread I thought I better post it in here as well. Anyway we have added a new rule which is as follows:

4. In addition to F1 teams being able to loan their test drivers to GP2 teams we have decided to take this idea one step further. So F1 teams can now choose to sponsor one of the GP2 teams by paying a lump sum or a race by race fee (coming out of the F1 teams main budget) to the GP2 team in question, which they can then use to develop their team. In return the two teams are treated as one in that they can interchange drivers between the two teams as they wish and free of charge. It is also possible to rename the GP2 team to show the relationship between the two teams.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: July 20, 2011 02:33AM
Posted by: Macca25
Red Bull Racing Statement

As it is ever increasingly unlikely that we will get our own team in GP2 we would like to offer our partnership to one of the teams on the grid.

The deal would consist of loaning out our Test Driver which looks as though it will be Alexander Wurz, but that is not confirmed yet.
And depending on our budget after we buy our second race driver we would look to help the team in a financial way to gain a very good second driver in exchange for naming rights of the team.

We feel we could bring a lot to one of these established teams in GP2 as we are currently sitting 4th in the F1 championship and are expanding our operations next year with the buyout of Jaguar.

If anyone is interested then please contact me via PM, on this thread or on the F1 thread.

Team Principle
Jaguar/Red Bull Racing

Macca25

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 20, 2011 07:07AM
Posted by: Pluis
Arden International

We are also interested in Nico Rosberg and are looking to some other f1 test drivers to fill the second seat.
Date: July 20, 2011 09:28AM
Posted by: Reve-san
Searching for a sister team?
From now on, F1 Teams and GP2 Teams can start negotiate about Sister Contracts. You can search for a partner in this thread and work out the details with your future sister team via PM. If you have completed a contract, both managers need to send it to me via PM.

Loaning out Test Drivers
Some F1 Managers as well as GP2 Managers did already point out interest in loaning F1 Test Drivers. Even though Driver negotiations have not started yet, you, as F1 Manager, can send a PM to me if you want to loan out your driver with the prixe you want to cost every race/season, so I can add them to the Driver list.
Note that Negotiations have not started yet, but as things are going really fast I think they will start this weekend.
Date: July 20, 2011 09:57AM
Posted by: DStonesF1
More News From Arrows

After recently wanting to set up a partnership with a GP2 team, Arrows have announced which driver they are willing to offer on loan. The driver is Gary Paffett. This will allow Paffett to gain some driving experience and to see what he is like before he has the chance of being in the Arrows team.

Gary Paffett will be available for 1.5mil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2011 12:55PM by DStonesF1.
Date: July 20, 2011 12:03PM
Posted by: ricktworick1
ART GP
ART is thinking about loaning one of the test drivers from F1. It will not be revealed who it is.
Date: July 20, 2011 03:21PM
Posted by: JohnWarrington
Mclaren Mercedes Statement

Mclaren Mercedes can confirm that we have received two separate bids for our test driver Nico Rosberg. We are currently in the negotiation stages of the bids. We can also confirm that if we reach our target with our first driver purchase, we will sponsor the team that loans Nico Rosberg.

Date: July 20, 2011 04:52PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
DAMS PRESS RELEASE

It is understood the DAMS team would also like to take advantage of becoming a sister team to an existing F1 outfit. More to follow.

Date: July 20, 2011 09:25PM
Posted by: mogotron
iSport International Press Release

Team is ecstatic after appointing American Mo Goris (mogotron) as their new principal. although he had some light F1 exposure in the past he will like to contact any of the F1 Teams in hopes to come to an agreement to be partner with the F1 team, in order to have driver loans and develop their skills for future F1 use. he is eager to be contacted by any of the F1 teams. rumor has it that he already has what engine supplier he would want and the drivers he will like to hire.
Date: July 20, 2011 10:08PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
Super Nova Racing Press Release
Super Nova Racing is proud and happy to announce that we have signed a deal with McLaren to be their sister team and receive the services of Nico Rosberg. Rosberg will remain with us as our 1st driver until at least the end of the 2005 season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2011 10:09PM by RegularJohn.
Date: July 20, 2011 10:21PM
Posted by: Reve-san
Important Note!

Well even though Negotiations have not started yet, some teams still contacted the F1 Teams with loan drivers... so what of it, there are 8 managers already =P

Just to make it official: Negotiations for Loan Drivers are now starting officially. To make it fair, i would suggest, contract offers for Rosberg can still be given for at least 24 hours.
Please note, that offers for Loan Drivers have to be send via PM to the Manager offering the team. The team Manager then tells the decision to me and I will then post it here.
Sister Team contracts have to be send to me as well, including all details (like how much the F1 Team pays and how the GP2 Team shall be named).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2011 10:22PM by Reve-san.
Date: July 21, 2011 12:44AM
Posted by: tonyschumi2011
I'd like to have HiTech Racing :)
Date: July 21, 2011 12:54AM
Just so you know Reve, casssp has sent me a message saying that he isn't interested in joining the GP2 series so there is one more place available to the public.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: July 21, 2011 02:26AM
Jaguar/Red Bull Statement

After putting our proposal out to all the GP2 teams, we have been inundated with responses and we will know take our time to consider our option and be back with a decision sooner rather than later.

Date: July 21, 2011 02:34AM
I have a quick question. If we (F1 Teams) loan out our test driver, do they still get to take part in both GP2 and F1 Free Practice or do we loose them for the year?

The reason I ask is because me deal hangs on weather we get to have them in both series or not.

Date: July 21, 2011 02:49AM
Macca25 Wrote:
> I have a quick question. If we (F1 Teams) loan out
> our test driver, do they still get to take part in
> both GP2 and F1 Free Practice or do we loose them
> for the year?
>
> The reason I ask is because me deal hangs on
> weather we get to have them in both series or not.

Yes they will still participate in F1 free practices :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy