GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Hockenheim Shoot-Out Results
Yesterdays Shoot-Out at the Hockenheim saw Heikki Kovalainen set the fastest lap with his new designed Sauber GP2 Ferrari. For more than 20 minutes it looked like the german Nico Rosberg would set the fastest lap, but in the end he got 2nd again. First Shoot-Out Winner Kamui Kobayashi couldn´t build on his first win and only managed to get 7th fastest, while his teammate Tréluyer only managed 13th. Junior Red Bull Racing was able to make the last results forgotten as Wurz and Pavlovic got 10th and 11th.

@3tec & tonyschumi2011: I´m really sorry, but you both answered to the first results, and I wrote that I wanted to run the race yesterday at the latest, so you should have known. I hope you´re not mad with me, as after all it´s just the race numbers for this season.

Cheers everyone :)
Sauber GP2

Strong lap from Kovalainen. Doornbos wasn't great, but still we got number 5 and 6 this year on the car
Racing Engineering press release

Racing Engineering set to use numbers 3 & 4 for 2005
Following the second shootout, we are pleased to have succeeded in getting mileage in the car for all 3 of our drivers, and the cars have run reliably.
We are pleased with the form of Kobayashi, and we anticipate that regular points finishes will put him in a strong position for a shot at the championship as he gains experience at this level throughout the season.
We are also satisfied with the performance of our other 2 drivers, who have been close to the pace of our Japanese star, and although Benoît finished outside the top ten, he was a little closer to Kamui's pace, despite being slightly further of the fastest time from the session. I think we will have a tricky choice to decide who will be our second driver.

We now wait for news about pre-season testing.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Guys - we look like we're in for really strong season, with just over 1/2 a second covering the entire field - very exciting.

Reve-san - A few questions
Do you want us to update our liveries with the new numbers?
Will you be using the drivers helmet designs if they are available for public use?
With 3(?) races left in the 2004 F1 season, I guess we have to wait a little before our pre-season testing begins. Will our race weekends mirror the ones in the F1 manager series?
Junior Red Bull Racing will have numbers 18 & 19 for the GP2 2005 Season

Much happier with how the second shoot-out session went, however, still disappointed that we were the slowest of the teams that completed both sessions. Number 18 will be taken by Alexander Wurz, whilst 19 will be given to Bernoldi, even though he was slowest in the first shoot-out, we believe his previous racing experience will be key. Pavlovic did well to be close to Alex, and he will be pushing for a race drive all season, and will compete in the practice sessions.

-------------------------------------------------------
> Reve-san - A few questions
> Do you want us to update our liveries with the new
> numbers?
> Will you be using the drivers helmet designs if
> they are available for public use?
> With 3(?) races left in the 2004 F1 season, I
> guess we have to wait a little before our
> pre-season testing begins. Will our race weekends
> mirror the ones in the F1 manager series?

1 - Yes that would be good. I can upload the psd files of the liveries I made, so you can update your numbers if you want. Still I could do that as well.
2 - Yes, I already have nearly all helmets, only one or two missing. However not all are from 2005 season, but that shouldn´t be a problem
3 - I´m unsure about this part. As GP2-Series did only have 12 races, while F1 had 18 (?) races, we have two options: Use the official GP2 Calendar and have some weeks free or use the same calendar as F1. What would you as managers like more?

I´ll update the team order on the first post later, as i´m feeling sick and will be with my girlfriend tomorrow (if i´m okay again...)

Looking forward to the season already :)
Hey guys,

I'd be interested to join the waiting list now that I see this series is really running smoothly :-) Only question is, do I have to join behind the two F1 team owners John (Warrington) und Nathan (Macca) or in front of them, as I don't have a team in F1?

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Re: GP2 Manager - 2005: Hockenheim Shoot-Out Results PG13
Date: September 01, 2011 04:39AM
Posted by: mogotron
Isport press release

"Great showing again by Gary Paffett, it looks he will be able to get the best out of our car, Pla look good in his first shakedown of the IS01. PNtano better get his stuff together because it looks Oliver Pla will be challenging him for the seat befor the end of the season"
Paffett will be driving car number 7 and Pantano number 8, reve san if you can put those numbers on my cars I will appreciated, thanks.

Great job reve san. Can't wait for the season to start!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2011 04:55AM by mogotron.
Date: September 01, 2011 07:50AM
Posted by: Vomit
Campos statement

Hockenheim shoot-out was an great step up from the team. Still, it is not an reason to take easy, but the opposite - we are working even harder now, with a lot higher motivation. There has been rumours about a name change of our team, but I can only confirm that in upcoming season 2005 we are Campos.

end of statement

I think we should use the official gp2 calender. When F1 comes to Imola 2005, Gp2 season starts. We could do somekind of "asia series" thing. You know, a little cup featuring a few races, if we get bored waiting the F1 season to start.
Absolutely fantastic, great to see my drivers up there in the top six.
Date: September 01, 2011 10:01AM
Posted by: Macca25
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'd be interested to join the waiting list now
> that I see this series is really running smoothly
> :-) Only question is, do I have to join behind the
> two F1 team owners John (Warrington) und Nathan
> (Macca) or in front of them, as I don't have a
> team in F1?

I would be happy for you to go in front of me.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Macca25 Wrote:
> JohnMaverick Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I'd be interested to join the waiting list now
> > that I see this series is really running
> smoothly
> > :-) Only question is, do I have to join behind
> the
> > two F1 team owners John (Warrington) und Nathan
> > (Macca) or in front of them, as I don't have a
> > team in F1?
>
>
> I would be happy for you to go in front of me.

Thanks Nathan, that's highly appreciated. Yet it's not that I would have a problem with having you guys in front of me, but it was rather general curiosity and to clarify if the rule, that current F1 team owners have to stay behind, is/was valid generally or only for the start.

Date: September 01, 2011 10:47AM
Posted by: Reve-san
JohnMaverick schrieb:
> Macca25 Wrote:
> -----
> > JohnMaverick Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Hey guys,
> > >
> > > I'd be interested to join the waiting list
> now
> > > that I see this series is really running
> > smoothly
> > > :-) Only question is, do I have to join
> behind
> > the
> > > two F1 team owners John (Warrington) und
> Nathan
> > > (Macca) or in front of them, as I don't have
> a
> > > team in F1?
> >
> >
> > I would be happy for you to go in front of me.
>
>
> Thanks Nathan, that's highly appreciated. Yet it's
> not that I would have a problem with having you
> guys in front of me, but it was rather general
> curiosity and to clarify if the rule, that current
> F1 team owners have to stay behind, is/was valid
> generally or only for the start.

For sure you would be in front of them. It would be unfair if someone had 2 teams while another one is waiting for his first. Added you ^^

I will also add the right numbers to the teams I made, but I would appreciate if you all try to learn doing your own liveries, as it really is easy.

Also edited the team order on first post.
Date: September 01, 2011 12:42PM
Posted by: Addrodoc
Coloni Motorsports

Seventh in the overall standings, not bad, but we could have done better. Bruni performed better than before, while Monfardini struggled this time. With the shoot-out over with, and team numbers decided, Coloni now looks forward to the preseason testing.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Reve-san Wrote:
> For sure you would be in front of them. It would
> be unfair if someone had 2 teams while another one
> is waiting for his first. Added you ^^
>
> I will also add the right numbers to the teams I
> made, but I would appreciate if you all try to
> learn doing your own liveries, as it really is
> easy.
>
> Also edited the team order on first post.

Thanks Reve-san. I'll check the thread periodically in the meantime :-)

Date: September 04, 2011 09:22AM
Posted by: Chris2k6
BCN

We set Lyons the target of breaking in to the top 5 and he succeded by being the 4th quickest. Therefore the team are happy with the result. As for Viso, it was all about giving the guy a chance in the car to see what he could do. The team are now looking forward to the first pre-season test where we expect to be in the top 5 once again and continue with the good progress we have shown so far
HiTech Racing Statement

We wish you a good start season. I think that this season will be very combated. My wishes go also to my drivers Nelson Piquet Jr. and Sergio Hernandez. Good luck guys
Vomit Wrote:
> We could do somekind of "asia series" thing. You
> know, a little cup featuring a few races, if we
> get bored waiting the F1 season to start.

I actually think that's a very good idea and vital for the series. Actually, from personal experience I know what happens when there's no action for too long. People start to lose interest or even forget about the series and although this could bring me a spot in the series faster, I don't think that this is the way it should go ;-)

So, using the official GP2 calender is a good thing, but there should be some action before the official start, be it more testing sessions or an official or unofficial cup.

I agree with this too.
It'd be great if we could get started on something straightaway.
A 3 or 4 race Asia series would be a nice way to get started

JohnMaverick Wrote:
> Vomit Wrote:
> -----
> > We could do somekind of "asia series" thing.
> You
> > know, a little cup featuring a few races, if we
> > get bored waiting the F1 season to start.
>
>
> I actually think that's a very good idea and vital
> for the series. Actually, from personal experience
> I know what happens when there's no action for too
> long. People start to lose interest or even forget
> about the series and although this could bring me
> a spot in the series faster, I don't think that
> this is the way it should go ;-)
>
> So, using the official GP2 calender is a good
> thing, but there should be some action before the
> official start, be it more testing sessions or an
> official or unofficial cup.
Date: September 07, 2011 10:42AM
Posted by: Lucasinio
I agree with this too, just a little series to fill the gap.

Date: September 07, 2011 06:58PM
Posted by: Reve-san
Allright guys, i got some good news and some bad news. Bad news first: 3tec, manager of ART Grand Prix wrote a PM, that he wants to retire as he lost his interest in this series. This is very sad, but on the other hand gives the chance to the top motivated JohnMaverick (at least I hope he is :) ). So if you want to join, then this is your chance ^^

The good news: You wish for action, I give you action ;) As the F1 season does only have 2 more races to go, with the first nearly finished, we could run a short championship without Sprint Races (as this would cost too much time for me):

1. Sakhir
Pole Position:
Race Winner:
Fastest Lap:

2. Fuji
Pole Position:
Race Winner:
Fastest Lap:

3. Shanghai
Pole Position:
Race Winner:
Fastest Lap:

I think noone should have anything against this, as you can also try out, which drivers are the better option for you. I will use the line-ups of the first page, so please check if your line-up is correct. I will run the first race-weekend this weekend, so stay tuned :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2011 06:59PM by Reve-san.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy