GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Coloni Motorsports

A poor start to the Asia Cup for the team, hopefully we will improve at the next race. On the bright side though, both drivers finishd the race with no reliability issues, and they were not last over the finish line.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
ART Williams statement

"I'm definitely not delighted with the outcome of the race. Ide's pace was good but the unnecessary mistake ruined it all. And Gene was unable to improve from the bad qualifying. So far I'm not really convinced of him. Although he is a F1 test driver, he might be temporarily replaced by either our current test driver Lauda or Williams test driver Wirdheim. Yet it would be unfair to do so after only one race. Having said that, it is clear that Ide and Gene will be our race drivers in the next race of the Asia Cup, too. However, Lauda might get a chance in the FP, it just has to be decided who will make place for him."

Apart from that, very nice coverage Reve-san. I'm already looking forward to the next one and having made some of these myself for the GPGSL, I know how much work that is and I thank you very much for your effort!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
HiTech Racing Statement

I am very disappointed!!! Nelson and Sergio must improve their abilities
BCN

Not exactly where we wanted to end up, we were fully expecting both cars to be in the top 8. Sharp done well to at least get a point for fastest lap. We just need to get our heads down and concentrate on the next race!
Super Nova Racing locking down front row
Todays Free Practice saw Adam Carroll drive the fastest lap, right in front of his teammate Nico Rosberg. Both drivers seem to be very fit and hungry for their first victory. On 3rd position was Junior Red Bull Racing driver Enrique Bernoldi, who looked really satisfied with his result. Last race´s winner Gary Paffett only managed 10th, while his teammate Giorgio Pantano landed further down the field in 17th position.

Setup Reward
1. HiTech Racing +0.008
2. Super Nova Racing +0.021
3. David Price Racing +0.025

4. iSport International +0.026
5. ART Williams +0.038
6. Coloni Motorsport +0.052

---------------------------

sorry for beeing late, I had some problems with GP4 and CSM. I think I solved everything by now, only got one problem left: The driver helmets seem to be in the wrong places. It differs from team to team, and the worst is Campos Racing:

Did anyone ever have this problem? And more importantly, do you know how to fix it?
Well, GP4 tweaker should solve your problem, yet I'm confused by the fact that the positions are differently wrong. But you could give it a try, at least. And I guess you use a CSM Mod? If so, could you send me the most recent version of the mod with your changes? Then I could have a look at it myself, too. Easiest way would be to upload it to mediafire.com and send me the link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2011 01:28PM by JohnMaverick.
Re: GP2 Manager - 2005: Asia Cup - Sakhir Race Results PG15
Date: September 17, 2011 03:00PM
Posted by: Pluis
Sauber GP2

A good session for us, I hope we can do the same in qualification.
not what I was hoping for after such a strong start, but looking closer, it won't take much for either driver to jump up the order.
Hoping for both in the top ten.
Lopez needs a performance if he is going to make us consider him for the start of the championship proper.

btw, that campos car looks amazing, even without a drivers head!!
Hi Tech Racing Statement

Good job for Piquet. Hernandez have to improve. I hope that qualifying will be good! Go Nelson, go Sergio!
Fantastic stuff from Adam, he really responded to my wishes of him improving.
BCN

Good session from Lyons, hovering around his usual place. Sharp was disappointing though and that will cost us
Reve it could be to do with a file called "EnableTweaker.cap" missing from the patch folder in the mod, assuming the positions for the helmets are correct in "helmetpos" in tweaker. A similar sort of problem was in the GPGNC mod until it was fixed. Or Helmetpos isnt set to 1 in gp4tweak? If its not that then let John sort it out ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 11:33AM by truecrysis.
Err, Connor, actually this were my ideas, too ;-) I wanted to have a copy of the mod to check exactly these three possibilities. If it's not that, however, I have less a clue than anybody else here, lol.

Guys what are the current perfs for this competition

Have we all started on an equal footing?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Wet Qualifying at Fuji
Today´s qualifying was very at the beginning of the session. It didn´t seem to change much as it was raining

throughout the session, but still in the last five minutes the times fell rapidly due to the rain getting weaker. In

the end it was not a question of who is the fastest, but who is the last one to get a free round. ART Williams driver

Yuji Ide was the lucky one to do so and will now start tomorrows race from the front row.

-----------------------

@JohnMaverick: Uploading the mod right now, I´ll send the link as soon as it is done. Just one more thing: I just noticed, that the cams have changed. I think that the mod is now using the original GP4 cams instead of those of the mod, so it might be that it is using the helmet positions of original GP4 as well. That would explain, why there are different positions for each team, as original GP4 cars had slightly different helmet positions as well. Still don´t know how to fix this =O

@Ferrari2007: To make it as realistic as possible, this series is more based on the driver perfs than the team perfs. The team perfs are based on the engine you bought before anything started, and they do only differ slightly. The main focus is on the drivers, which perfs are based on the real performances (at least I tried my best by studying most of the career of the drivers and their GP2 2005 position, if they competed). The drivers have then been categorized in 5 categories with each one having a different base performance. The difference of the best perf and the worst perf was only 120, which explains the close results. Nontheless the perfs will change throughout the season due to the results of qualy, race etc.
Coloni Motorsports

15th and 16th, well it's an improvement from both drivers, now we hope for a good race result.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
ART Williams

We are of course very pleased with the pole position of Yuji ide but we are also aware that it wasn't only his driving skills that led to this pole. The massive time difference between Ide and Gene shows how much of it is also due to the improving track conditions. But now that we're in front of there, a podium finish is definitely the aim.

On another note, we have decided to change the team livery to make it fit better to the relationship with Williams.

As you can see our partnership with Marlboro has been finished. We think that tobacco advertising mustn't be seen in such a popular sport and we guess that rather sooner than later tobacco advertising will be forbidden anyway ;)
To compensate this, we're very glad that Williams main sponsor HP will take over.

The livery will not be used, however, before the official test sessions. It would be too much effort to ship the new parts to Asia for the remaining race of the Asia cup. But from then on, we hope that this livery will bring us good luck!

/add: Yeah I know that the tire textures are flipped. I recognized it too late and was too lazy to do the renders again ;-)
-----------------------------------
I'll have a look at the MOD tomorrow, when I have it until then. However, I'm not a real crack with mods, so no guarantee that I'll be able to fix it. If somebody else wants to have a look, too, ask Reve-san for the link.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2011 12:44PM by JohnMaverick.
Sauber GP2

Great debut of Artam, allthough the weather made the qualification a lotery.

We hope that we can take some points in the race, with both our drivers!
Well seems that this track doesnot suit both Isport drivers. Let's hope for better results at race end.
Racing Engineering Press Release
Rain washes away pole hopes
After a promising practice session where we were in contention for the pole position, the heavens opened and made a lottery of the session.
Lopez lost out badly, and the management are concerned about the chances of getting involved in an incident starting so close to the back.
Kobayashi has once again shown his team-leading potential, and we hope he can make a good start tomorrow and push on for good points.
Changeable conditions could lead to an interesting race, and with drivers unfamiliar with leading at the front end of the field, this could lead to some opportunities.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy