GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
Well i could have a look at it, but i can only do that tomorrow, not before then. Feel free to PM me the mod reve, im no expert but i do have a little bit of knowledge that could help :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Good enough, but quite disappointing compared to our Free Practise results.
Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

"Delighted with Alexander Wurz' second place on the grid- Red Bull Racing Junior's best ever grid slot- but very disappointed with Bernoldi, but he got caught out in the rain, a chance for him to prove his place in the team, with hopefully a string drive."

HiTech Racing Statement

Very very good job from Piquet!!! Sergio Hernandez may be replace by the Test Driver....
Allright, thanks to John Maverick, I was able to run the race yesterday, and I swear: It was soooo cool to watch. I hope I can give you a Coverage, that is as good as the race. I´ll try to upload it as soon as possible, but I don´t think I´ll manage it before friday afternoon.

See ya :)
ooooh, sounds cool. Can't wait to see the race report
Any news on the coverage reve-san?
Really looking forward to seeing this.
Sorry for beeing late, didn´t manage to upload it earlier.

Welcome everybody to today´s race at Fuji. Yesterdays qualifying saw ART Williams driver Yuji Ide take the pole position. A few minutes ago it started raining again, so lets see how this will affect today´s race.

All five lights are on.

And we´re off. Let´s hope there will be no crashes in turn one.

And this is gonna be interesting! Piquet is looking to overtake Kobayashi, while Kobayashi wants to overtake Toni Vilander. Can Artam might have a role in this too.

Kobayashi gets through as well as Nico Rosberg! Piquet instead stays behind and it seems like Heikki Kovalainen is looking to overtake him!

And Rosberg tries to overtake Kobayashi from the outside but I don´t think this´ll work

And we´re off to the leading Yuji Ide, with Alexander Wurz right behind him. Let´s hope Wurz shows a better performance then last race.

Well he drives the fastest lap while Rosberg now looks to overtake Kobayashi!

And it seems like he got through!

Meanwhile we see Lapierre in Position 3.

And Wurz sets another fastest lap, while Rosberg is now looking to overtake Artam!

Oh my god! Seems like Wurz tried to overtake Ide, and now the both make contact!

Well after all Ide can drive on right away. Wurz meanwhile has to wait until the field passed him.

Let´s see... Ide came back in 6th position. That´s still in the points.

And this is the big winner of this scene: Nicolas Lapierre now leading the field!

Can Artam is now in 3rd position still driving in front of Rosberg.

And Rosberg is trying again!

And I think this is supposed to show us that he didn´t get through. I am sorry for this camera perspective...

Back here Piquet wants to overtake Vilander for 7th.

But he didn´t get through.

After 3 laps done let´s have a quick look at the standings.

Another try

And again, Artam defends himself succesfully.

But wait. Rosberg is trying again!

And he gets through! That was an impressive overtake from Rosberg!

Lopez is having less luck back here.

And theres another try from Piquet.

Oh! They touched!

Both are spinning!

And rejoining in last positions.

Another spin! Kovalainen seems to have lost control of his car in turn 5!

This leads to him beeing last now.

Meanwhile leading man Nicolas Lapierre is driving the fastest lap.

While Prémat wants to overtake Monfardini.

But he doesn´t get through. And Wurz is in the pits. Might this be due to his collision earlier?

And Hernandéz is trying to overtake Lopez at the same spot Rosberg did earlier with Artam.

And he gets through as well.

Wait, he didn´t! Lopez is still driving in front of him, while Bernoldi is trying to overtake both it seems. It also seems like it´s starting to rain again.

Bernoldi gets through Hernandéz

And Adam Carroll sets a fastest lap.

One lap later he does it again

Just to have it beaten by Piquet a few seconds later.

Another try from Prémat to overtake Monfardini.

But he doesn´t get through again. Meanwhile Wurz again sets a fastest lap.

And now Ide is challenging Can Artam for 4th!

And oh my god, he is way faster than Artam!

He got through even before turn 1!

Another fastest lap for Wurz. Well after all he has noone in front of him at the back of the field.

Rosberg and Montagny are only seperated by less than one second.

And another try by Prémat.

But he fails again.

Or does he?

Yes he does.

Same procedure as last turn?

Same procedure as every turn.

And now back to Rosberg, who got closer to Montagny.

Wow, Rosberg really wants to make up for the blown engine last week.

With 15 laps done, lets have a look at the standings.

Kovalainen sets a new fastest lap!

And Rosberg tries to overtake Montagny for second!

This is way too close!

But Rosberg gets through without touching Montagny.

And just look how fast this guy is!

23 laps to go. Can he get Lapierre as well? After all there are still pit stops that need to be done.

Meanwhile Carroll got close to Kobayashi.

And it seems like he is overtaking him!

Indeed he did! Carroll is in 6th position now!

And the rain starts to settle on the track.

While Rosberg is only 1.7 seconds behind Lapierre.

And he gets closer by 0.2 secs in just one round!

And in turn 2 the track is wet.

Carroll now close to Can Artam!

While Piquet back here wants to overtake Vilander.

And the most important thing: Rosberg is now close enough to attack Lapierre for 1st!

And he tries it!!!

I think he can do it, but the rain might affect this.

He got throught! Rosberg now...

No! He spins! It seems like Rosberg and Lapierre touched!

Now Montagny is taking the lead!

And Lapierre drives ahead without loosing any more positions. Positions 3 to 9 are now really close to each other!

Let´s have a quick look how this affected the first 8 positions.

The Super Nova Racing drivers are now in 3rd and 4th.

While Montagny is leading in front of Lapierre.

And Rosberg is in the pits. I don´t know if this is because of the accident or because he wants to make the needed pit-stop.

Well Artam is in the pits as well.

As is Pantano.

Lapierre got closer to Montagny.

And Montagny pits.

As do Carroll and some other drivers.

And now Prémat is leading, but only because he didn´t pit yet.

Kovalainen now pitting as well, while it seems like it stopped raining on the whole track. Let´s hope noone switched to intermediates.

Over here the track is dry already.

And now temporary leader Prémat pits.

This let´s Montagny take the lead again. And as you can see behind there, Rosberg managed to overtake Lapierre through pit stops.

And Marc Gene now looking to overtake Prémat for 8th.

Well I don´t know if he got through, but this is interesting as well: Wurz is in front of Pantano in 5th.

But it seems like he had to pit again. Now with all pit stops done and 11 more laps to go, let´s have a look at the standings again.

10 more laps to go and Rosberg is driving 1 second behind Montagny.

And Hernanéz overtakes his teammate Piquet for 14th.

Oh, And Lopez touches a BCN driver!

Both drivers spin!

And now they are the last two of the field.

Sauber GP2 driver Can Artam now overtakes Bernoldi!

And Piquet gets back his position from Hernandéz.

Adam Carroll got close to Lapierre.

ART Williams drivers Yuji Ide and Marc Gene back here are fighting for 8th.

But Gene stays in front for now.

And it seems like Montagny will stay in front of Rosberg.

But this duel might get interesting.

Oh, this is really close!

And it was too close! Artam breaking hard to not crash into the wall!

Meanwhile Bernoldi spins!

And this is the end of a really good race of Can Artam, as he rejoins last. Still I think he drove really good for his first race.

Carroll now looking to overtake Lapierre! Can he manage it?

I don´t see any good coming from this...

And indeed, Lapierre spins! I don´t now if it is due to the wet line he had to drive or due to a collision.

He is now waiting to rejoin the race. Very sad for him as well, as he could have scored important points for his team.

3 more laps to go and Monfardini sets a new fastest lap

It seems like Bruni overtook Ide.

But Ide wants to have this one point for 8th.

And he gets through again!

A new fastest lap by Carroll, who on a side note is now in 3rd position.

2 more laps to go, and still some duels! Piquet wants to overtake Lyons for 10th.

Seems like he might get through.

But Lyons seems to have some problems controling his car.

And indeed he spins! I think this was due to the wet line, just as with Lapierre earlier.

Well then, with only two laps to go, let´s have a last look on the standings.

We are in the last lap and Montagny is still leading in front of Rosberg. If he makes no mistake now, he can get 10 points for himself and Campos Racing!

Lapierre driving another fastest lap.

And Montagny wins the Fuji Grand Prix, setting another fastest lap on his last lap!

Rosberg gets in 2nd in front of his teammate Adam Carroll.

And here´s a driver we did not see a lot in this race: Gary Paffett in 4th!

Alexandre Prémat gets in 5th.

And the other iSport driver Pantano gets in 6th. A very good race from both drivers.

Marc Gene meanwhile manages 7th in front of his teammate Yuji Ide. Not what the team manager wanted, but still a good result.

Also I missed the fastest lap of Adam Carroll...

Fantastic stuff from both drivers, could have done without the spin when challenging for 1st, but I'm still very happy with the result.
Racing Engineering Statement
Points wash away
A disappointing race today, where again, we missed the chance to gain useful points due to what we suspect was poor work by the team during the pit-stop stage of the race, although the reason for his drop out of the points seemed to be missed.
We probably should have pitted a couple of laps earlier and made the switch to slicks. We apologise to Kamui who was making good progress from his grid slot.
Lopez had a disappointing race and will not run in the next race.

We'd like to give Lopez and Tréluyer a run in Practice for the final cup race, with Kobayashi and Tréluyer in for qualifying and the race.
First of all, nice coverage! Yet I'm a bit pissed that Ide falls from 3rd to nowhere at the first round of pitstops without being clear what happened. But of course that can happen. Had hoped for more, though, after the promising qualifying.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I don't suppose in future races you could post up the race chart so we could see who made pit stops when.

Thanks
Re: GP2 Manager - 2005: Asia Cup - Fuji Race Results PG17
Date: September 25, 2011 10:16PM
Posted by: Pluis
Sauber GP2

Artam did wel untill he spun, Kovalainen should have done a lot better.

I hope the last race in Shanghai will give us some better results.
Date: September 26, 2011 02:43AM
Posted by: mogotron
Isport Press Release

"A very quiet but productive race for both drivers, Pantano show me he can keep his seat and Paffett drove a mistake free race, and still leading the championship. we better look out for Nico, that kid can fly!!!!. we are very please with the result of both drivers."
Date: September 26, 2011 05:26AM
Posted by: Vomit
Campos Press Release

Absolutely fantastic weekend for us. 4th and 5th on the grid was a positive suprise, and Montagnys great drive in difficult conditions bring us our first victory. Great job everyone! Vilander had a bad start and then unfortunately had contact with Piquet. Still, a good fight to climb up to 15th. Giorgio Mondini will drive the next race in shanghai. Vilander will participate in practice with Montagny.
Date: September 26, 2011 03:58PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

"Disappointing end to the weekend, when it looked so promising after practice. However, the speed looked good early on, with Wurz being race rusty. Bernoldi struggled all day, and he finished behind Wurz who made 2 pitstops and went off the road, so Pavlovic will be in the car alongside Wurz in Shanghai. We hope this will give Pavlovic valuable experience, but when the GP2 series commences, Bernoldi will still be our number two driver."

Team Line-up for Shanghai- Round 3 Asia Cup:
Driver 1: Alex Wurz
Driver 2: Milos Pavlovic
Test Driver: Enrique Bernlodi

Date: September 27, 2011 10:59AM
Posted by: Addrodoc
Coloni Motorsports

An improvement over Bahrain for both drivers. Bruni was close to taking a point, but lost out to Ide at the end. We want him to improve on that result, by scoring points at Shanghai. As for his teammate, Monfardini did OK, and was at one point ahead of Bruni and possibly on for some points, until he spun off trying to avoid Lopez's lockup. Monfardini also posted the sixth fastest lap of the race, which shows that he was certainly fast at Fuji. The team are now preparing for the final Asia Cup race in China, where we hope to score points.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Date: September 28, 2011 12:57AM
Posted by: Macca25
For the drivers standings, You have used 2 different points systems for the 2 different races.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy