The guide for updating Grand Prix 4 to the 2010 Formula One season [17th March 2010]

Posted by madotter 
I know what your going through, I had the same problem back in March, best thing is to read this thread from the begining and do it bit by bit. Start with the cars which you'll require ZAZ Tools for this (EasyWad), if you get any questions the gents on here are very helpful!
Thanks.

Could anyone give me a step-by-step through the EasyWad - I get a dialog box asking me to tick whether to associated my files to .wad files.
Is anyone making a full 2010 csm mod?

also whilst on that, is there any 2009 csm mod?

look at gp4db.com for Tony's empty 2009 mod.
I have used it to compile my own mod.
Belive me,its easy.He has included a help file in the readme for newcomers.

Kimi forever!
yeh i saw it but ideally just wondering if theres a complete..anyway im not a newcomer, iv been here years so i know how to make them etc :P

I still have the issue with Mclaren, red bull and STR changing to original gp4 cars as their is no low lod. Does anyone have a low cars.wad where this work? xxxxxx

Kx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No 2010 mclaren?

edit: found it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2010 12:13PM by DJSKYLINE.
I need a physics performance mod!!
I am using bigbrother's 2010 csm mod and the AI cars are whipping no matter what I do!!!

( think I will pre order Codmasters F1 2010)

===========================================================================
Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
Shop lifters of the world, unite and take over.
I need a physics performance file!!
I am using bigbrother's 2010 csm mod and the AI cars are whipping no matter what I do!!!

( think I will pre order Codmasters F1 2010)

===========================================================================
Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
Shop lifters of the world, unite and take over.
darrenj Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need a physics performance file!!
> I am using bigbrother's 2010 csm mod and the AI
> cars are whipping no matter what I do!!!
>
> ( think I will pre order Codmasters F1 2010)

Hé Darren you have the newest version already ??? V5 included with a trackpack, new physics, perfomance files ??? check me on msn if you don't have it yet you'll be surprised :-)
Sizes of teamarts/grid cars are not all ok, should be 256 x 256 (teamarts) and 200 x 49 (grid cars) to work properly in gpi browser. I'm using teameditor and some of these pictures are not shown due to wrong size.
Sorry, guys you'll have to excuse me I've never gotten around to modding GP4 after being a GP 1-3 modder from way back but want to start now. If I just follow these steps presented here I can update GP4 to season 2010 completely from a clean install then? There's nothing else I need to know other that what's in this topic?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 02:39AM by Eff One.
Eff One,what have you made for gp3?

Kimi forever!
Well, I've mostly applied mods made by others for GP3 but have made the livery/cockpit/helmets/team art/grid cars for my own team. Have made a lot of complete carsets for GP2 and F1GP though.
Hello Guys. I use the tony empty mod to upgrate my gp4 in the 2010 season, but i have a problem : in the race i see only 20 cars exactly what was in the last seson:(. Does anyone have a suggestion to my problem.should change some files or something?
blo0ndu

P.S Sorry for my bad english:-)
Add the missing cars to the data/cars folder, then add the missing team name to the relevant ini files as well.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
blo0ndu Wrote:
> Hello Guys. I use the tony empty mod to upgrate my
> gp4 in the 2010 season, but i have a problem : in
> the race i see only 20 cars exactly what was in
> the last seson:(. Does anyone have a suggestion to
> my problem.should change some files or something?
>
> blo0ndu
>
> P.S Sorry for my bad english:-)

HI blo0ndu......I just had the very same problem.......browse to your \Carsets\"Your Mod"\Data\Performance folder and you'll see something like this.......

As you can see that's the 2009 track layout......so I'm assuming your using TSM with a modified track list.

I made my own profile in TSM and for example here I installed Melbourne 2010 in the 3rd slot,

but CSM is reading the 2009 tracklist (which I haven't got round to sorting yet)
and the 3rd slot in the 2009 tracklist is CHINA/Shanghai,

so you need to paste 2010 performance into into 2009-Shanghai.txt for this example........(or whatever slot your using in your tracklist) and save it, then it should work.
(If your unsure just paste the generic performance into all the files)

If your needing 2010 performance files you can find some here.......[www.4shared.com]

Thanks to Gitanes for those.

I made this thread with a similar question and so far have had no problems with the edits I have made....maybe this will help.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

F1Dev
Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work. this team, team 11 apears in qualifying , so exist in data / cars folder, but at the beginning of the race say it's out of the race and on the grid not appear until 10 teams. This time I tried to be more explicit. Thanks again guys!
blo0ndu Wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work.
> this team, team 11 apears in qualifying , so
> exist in data / cars folder, but at the beginning
> of the race say it's out of the race and on the
> grid not appear until 10 teams. This time I tried
> to be more explicit. Thanks again guys!

So are you saying that you have got the team 11 in your data/cars folder ? And when you start a race the bottom 2 cars in the gpxpatch readout are there but listed in red?....and not racing ?
If team 11 still appears in game, you need to edit the team names in your ini's.

Have you changed the team names in the globalvars.ini in the Settings folder of your mod ?

It might be better to post a screenshot of your data/cars folder, and the contents of your globalvars.ini (or a link to it) it will make things a lot clearer, I'm having problems too, but I've managed to get all 22 2010 cars in the game...so far.
It's crazy that there isn't a step by step on how to this...I guess people who know, take pleasure in watching newbies struggle, all it takes is a couple of screenshots and some text, much more descriptive than some vague suggestion of what you need to do.
anyway......Stick at it tho' you'll get there eventually, and it is worth it :)

F1Dev
This is my eleven team :[img838.imageshack.us], my default.ini whit the cars : [img840.imageshack.us] and my globalvars.ini : [img9.imageshack.us].
When the race stars apears that [img517.imageshack.us] and i have only 20 cars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 04:20PM by blo0ndu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy