The guide for updating Grand Prix 4 to the 2010 Formula One season [17th March 2010]

Posted by madotter 
Hi, just want to know if there's a fixed order or assigned car already for the jaguar, minardi & prost to complement its garages.

Lotus/HRT/Virgin/Sauber* 2010 carshape files become "car_jaguar_carx_lod_x.gp4
Lotus/HRT/Virgin/Sauber* 2010 carshape files become "car_minardi_carx_lod_x.gp4
Lotus/HRT/Virgin/Sauber* 2010 carshape files become "car_prost_carx_lod_x.gp4

Thanks guys.
How do you add tracks from the bottom window to the top? Lol...

[yaal1g.blu.livefilestore.com]
then you need to edit the .ini file from your 2010 trackpack

as shown in the picture here:

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Where is this ini stored?
in your main gp4 directory and then in the map tracks

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Does anyone know, where I can get the complete 2010 season trackpack or 2009? I take it the Korean isn't available yet!
What are "GPI" files in relation to tracks? Why are they missing when you download a track?
Rams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are "GPI" files in relation to tracks? Why
> are they missing when you download a track?

They are the track maps you see in the GP4 track selection screen - most trackmakers don't include them, but you can find some in the 2006 trackpack.

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
This topic is really usefull, but I wish we where still in the GP4 era where people could just make and release season mods in public
I tried to make my own (non-csm) 2010 mod, it worked out pretty well, but now I regularly have a crash (of the game not me, I'm a good driver ;) ) and that's frustrating when you are pushing it on the track, and then BAM, you get an error

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
To Everyone for their input in helping me update to the new season I thank you (Y) I have a few problems now, the mclarens are white even after droping the hi_, and I must have about 6 Lotus cars from tv cam, any ideas to fix?
SPOKES Wrote:
> To Everyone for their input in helping me update
> to the new season I thank you (Y) I have a few
> problems now, the mclarens are white even after
> droping the hi_, and I must have about 6 Lotus
> cars from tv cam, any ideas to fix?

Yeah, I seem to have multiple Lotus' in my 2010 wad! And my Williams seems to have 1 car in the Williams tex, and 1 in the Lotus textures??!! LOL! Bizarre.....
Thats pretty crazy i didnt have that problem with the lotus or williams. Did you use the packs for these two cars in a thread below this one? (http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?4,922419) i used that and had no problems with my williams or lotus.

Also a question. Anyone have any trouble on their gp4 placing bahrain as the first track. For some reason my GP4 jsut does not like it and i am doing it exactly how i did the other tracks. This is the non TSM way?

And a 2010 mclaren lying about?
The issue with the multiple lotus or the white cars is a lod absence. For each car you need to have lod 0 to lod 4. If not the game will chose from the lods available in some views or live the cars white. To test/solve this you can in team editor \ carshapes check the "Force best carshapes" with this the game will use lod 0 in every moment, so only one lod will be needed for each car.

the problem with this is that the PO will shot to the roof on the starting grid or when a lot of cars are visible. In my case reaching 200% (not payable) so I have to get all the lower lods for each car.

Good Luck!!

ps: Not having problems with the tracks, but I'm using TSM to load them.
Having a lot of frustration getting the 2010 cars installed. Maybe some of the problems are because I used the 2009 mod.
1. Having problems getting the 2010 Ferrari to appear in game. When added to car.wad I get more than one 2010 Ferrari. Seems to override other cars.
2. Note that the RBR and STR have what appears to be white suspension parts.
3. I have the tweaker data file NUMCAR with all cars to appear in the game. Only one track is showing all 22 cars. I am using a 2010 track .ini file. Any ideas why
I cannot get all 22 cars to appear on all tracks? Only track the 22 cars show up is Melbourne. Do the list of tracks in the NUMCAR file need to line up with the
actual tracks in the track.ini file? If so, Melbourne is listed first in the NUMCAR file, but is the second track for 2010 and that is the only track where all 22 cars
show up in the game.
4. I note that the ferrari rear wheels are too far back, the India car as similar problem with wheel positions and a number of cars have drivers too low in the
cockpit. Anyone have correct positions for the cars wheels and drivers?

The only way I was able to get the Virgin, Lotus, Mercedes, and Sabuer to work was to add the lod files for these cars to the car.wad. Using the suggested order for 2010 did not work. I either get most cars as Mercedes, Ferrari, or Mclaren.

Richard J
Hi Guys,
I am finding the number references for team art correspond with maps and not other driver pictures files, Is this correct?
GPI browser shows I have loaded them but whe I load GP4 they dont appear?

Thanks for any help.
Regards,
Michae

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 12:27PM by buballo.
I am having the exact same problem with images in GPi Browser. I have imported the driver pics and grid cars GPi Browser - when I close and reopen,they are still there, but despite "applying all changes", the images do not show up in GP4 or in Team Editor 3.5 - the images in the menu Data folder are not updated! Could this be anything to do with my now running Windows 7? Any tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Tim
Tim,
I figured my issue out , look at the guide I just posted on the forum. Make sure you give the GPIbrowser administrator privelages.

Cheers
mmm....fantastic :-) good work,nice job

Fantasy 2010 Pitcrew by Bigbrother please megaupload
Cockpits 2010 by Bigbrother please megaupload

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitaly Petrov [www.vitalypetrov.ru] Renault F1 Team[www.renaultf1.com]
Evgeniy Schreef:
> mmm....fantastic :-) good work,nice job
>
> Fantasy 2010 Pitcrew by Bigbrother please
> megaupload
> Cockpits 2010 by Bigbrother please megaupload

Thats not needed, the links are perfectly working and are permanent links :-)
ok :-) thank's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitaly Petrov [www.vitalypetrov.ru] Renault F1 Team[www.renaultf1.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy