The guide for updating Grand Prix 4 to the 2010 Formula One season [17th March 2010]

Posted by madotter 
Hi All,
ive started the downloads for everything however ive never done this before.

I really want to update the fresh install i just did to 2010.

Is there a step by step of in what order all of the first page should be done in, its daunting for a newbie.

Yes i know in the FAQ there is help on each part but i have not the first idea where to start.

any assistance would be appreciated

cheers
Afternoon all,

Help required on Wadupdater, don't understand it! Looks as though I'm not the only one (Krytan)!!! Could someone, please explain it to me in olde fashion english, how to extract and where to put it, and replace the 2001 livery of that car? I've just spent the whole morning and nearly the afternoon trying to update the game to 2010 season. Some of you have tried with great thanks but I require a bit more help.

Is anyone available?

Cheers
screw wadupdater
use easywad;)

well you open wadupdater

then you select a folder with the lods of the cars and the textures

in the 2nd line you select your gp4 folder with the cars.wad
and then you click on update wad
that should do the trick
but what you also can do is to extract the wad to a folder and then copy and paste the files from the car and the textures to that folder and then you compile a new cars.wad with wadupdater

Regards, Nick

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Nick,

Any chance of coming over for a coffee?
sure mate no problem;)
where do you live? XD

PC:

Laptop:

Nick,

Is it best to download all the data for the whole season of 2010 first, then use the updater? I've tried to use the walk thru from Lo2k (updated 23/12/05), but can't make heads or tails out of it? Is there an easier way of downloading an complete patch for the 2010 season?

Living in the UK????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2010 04:14PM by SPOKES.
no i live in holland
give me a day and then i will drink coffee with you;)

well you can always search google for 2010 mods for gp4
but those are leeched so i wouldn´t recommend that
but instead of wadupdater use easywad

you doubleclick the .exe of easywad
select associate .wad files with easywad
then you can open the .wad files
if it worked you get this screen:

then you got to the folder cars
select the files from the car you want to insert
do copy paste
then go to the wad you openend
paste it in the cars folder and tada you inserted the files in the wad

PC:

Laptop:

Nick,

I'm trying this easywad but havin' the same problem as Warwickite from 12 months ago! ZazTools I believe is the programme, but when I select the associate .wad and then d-clic the cars.wad, windows can't open the file? By any chance are you using Linux or windows?
i´m using windows 7

if you are using windows vista xp or 7
try the following options:
Windows XP:
run the program in compability mode Windows 95/98

Vista and 7:
run the program in compability mode Windows 95/98
run the program in administrator mode
P.S. I have in win 7 only run in administrator mode otherwise the program doesn´t work for me

PC:

Laptop:

Getting there Nick thanks a bunch for your help today, where can I find Force india and a good McLaren livery?
i assume you mean 2010

Force india(By Mclarenfan09):
[www.megaupload.com]

Mclaren(Made by Igla):
[www.megaupload.com]

P.S. i have updated the car and created a 2nd lod for car number 2
if you want that add me to msn: nickjw@live.nl

PC:

Laptop:

Nick, unfortunately I'm not on msn. Where would I put the brakeglow, tcam, carbfb and carbone txt files?
in the same map as you put the other textures and lods from the cars.

P.S. You have an pm

PC:

Laptop:

Was that!!!! Is there a step by step guide on how to move .tex liveries and .lod's for idiot's!!!!!
Hey spokes,

Where in the Uk you from?

For a step by step guide. This is using wadupdater for your cars (Remember to back up your files)

1) Using wad updater pick your gp4 path to be the cars.wad file in the gp4 folder.

2) Click extract wad and pick a name for the folder(cars is fine) and extract it to where you desire. Personally i have my own gp4 folder in my documents with all my downloads.

3) In your downloaded car folders you will have gp4 and tex files. The tex files you can simply copy into the cars folder with all the original tex files from the extracted wad folder.

4) For the files with lod in the title you first need to make sure you have lod_0 to lod_4 for car 1 and 2. Some downloads only have lod_0 so you must simply copy that file and rename it 1-4 so you have all five lod files for each car.

4)Once you checked this and the name of the car (car_xxxx_car1_lod_0) as you want it to be for its position on the grid (which is on the first page of the guide for 2010) you can copy and paste these into your extracted cars folder.

5) Once you have done this you can go back to wad updater and for select a folder you select your cars folder you extracted and copied the files into and click create wad. Just call this cars.wad

6) Lastly once you have created this wad you can copy and replace the original cars.wad file in the gp4 folder. Thats how i update my cars.

I hope this was what you were after.
Btw nick i wanted to ask if you knew how to use cm magic. I cannot remember for the life of me how i used it.
Hi Madotter,

the red bull's rain light is not working properly. How can I fix it?
zehsilva2 with GP4 Tweaker you can correct the Light position and also tires and other key conf
Polizzije, I tried to do what you said but did not work. This is a screenshot of the defect. Can anyone help me?

with GP4 Tweaker try changing the "REAR LIGHT GLOW POSITION" to 0.35 and test again I have similar issues and corrected playng with this parameter.

hope helps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy