The guide for updating Grand Prix 4 to the 2010 Formula One season [17th March 2010]

Posted by madotter 
Bigbrother,
That's a GRATE tip. I'll try that way!!! TKS!! :o)
What's the recommended sound files for running with 2009 physics v2?
Your welcome

i think Lee made some good sounds you can find it on his website: Pitstop
Please, where I have to put the pitcrews and engineering textures in empty csm?
Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2009_Empty_Mod\Data\Anim\Hi or another resolution you are going to use ingame there you put the engin & pitcrew files in the folder melbourne
I've already done this, but it doesn't work...
But I've resolved, I've put them in the anim.wad...
thansk anyway ;-)
Hi all Gp4 fans I require some help with updating my GP4 from the original install. Apologises if this has been covered more times than Micheal Schumacher winning races!

I've added all the files from the top of this thread but changing the performance, driver profiles, tracks etc... I'm unable to do? I'm not a computer whizz and all I can find is .tex files, nothing is coming up with .gp4 files. Please could someone help me and make it an idiot proof as that's, what I am!!!! If it's any help I'm using Windows 7.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 07:47PM by SPOKES.
to spokes. If you look at the forum post gp4faq, about four down it has tons of manuals and links to places to go. I myself had trouble figuring out how to get past the stage of downloading. I was a numpty for ages however updating generally requires a fair bit of wad updater. When you download your car files for example you get a load of texture and lod files. Well you will find those when you extract the cars.wad using wadupdater. Just remember to back up i am sure you can find what you need on the faq posts in more detail. If not ask away we will happily talk you through :)
Thanks for your help Icky, most helpful. The only problem I have now, is that I've started again from scratch, however gp4.exe keeps crashing, god it's pain in arse!!! All I want to do, is to drive an F1 car without a Driving Licence as I don't drive and can't!
You're running on W7 aren't you? You can try to put GP4.exe in the Vista compatibility mode - works for me!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Thanks for the quick response there MDBsnake. That was one thing I was going to try, and I tried all day, alas (cross fingers) it hasn't crashed yet, apart from M. Schumacher smashing into the back of me in oz!!!!
Hello there i have a couple of questions i wanted to ask. I was under the impression you could not had more than 17 tracks to gp4? I did not see it mentioned in the thread does that mean there is actually a method to have 19 tracks?

The other is just anyone able to find a link for a guide to cm magic. I cannot remember for the life of me how to use it.

Many Thanks
The only way to have 19 tracks is to create 2 TSM profiles, the first with 17 tracks and the second with 2 more

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
cool ta i only use gpx so i will ignore two i do not like. Thanks for the reply
Got the last post sorted out now that god, so for the help there F1 gents. However after installing the GPX Patch and nocd patch, the skin on the ferrari's have gone, defuser, pit lane light, wish bones etc... nearly everything of black has vanishd!! I losing even more hair. What can I do now?
mmmm
i assum you are running everything on high res textures?
if not then you should remove the hi_ before every texture if you not running your game hi-res

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
The skins and blacks were all on this morning before I downloaded the nocd patch. Now again I've started from scratch and re-installed the game and low and behold they're back! NickJW where would I find the hi_? As I said I not a computer whizz, but give a bike to build and I'll build it in minutes!
you have the textures files from the cars right? they have a .tex extension. now normally the name is hi_r30_1.tex as an example. then you remove the hi_ and then you have r30_1.tex now insert that in your cars.wad and that could fix your problem;). if you are not running hi_res

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Could anyone tell me where I can find a Williams cockpit texture? (can be '09 :) )
Are there already 2010 physics or is someone working on one?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy