The guide for updating Grand Prix 4 to the 2010 Formula One season [17th March 2010]

Posted by madotter 
Red Bull RB6 2010 by me added!
Hi NickJW...

Your Ferrari textures has no shape (.gp4 files) in the package.
So which shape should I use for it?
Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2010 11:57PM by charman11.
2010 Teamart by Josekast

there a littel error in it becouse

i see 2 rubens barrichello pic

in 2010 Teamart by Josekast
Hey, just wondering if anyone could help me with installing the teamart and grid cars? Never did that before, what folder do I put them in?
charman11 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi NickJW...
>
> Your Ferrari textures has no shape (.gp4 files) in
> the package.
> So which shape should I use for it?
> Thanks.

all my 2010 texture update uses the 2009 carshapes from mitsuro sano
it says that in the readme file;-)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Hi there, guys. I'm new to the forum, and I recently re-installed GP4 to play some. While looking for updates, I noticed this website and I consequently registered. So, first of all, lemme say thanks for the good things you do.

Now, coming to the real question, I've to premise that I never looked further into modding and changing my GP4, in the past. Last time I used it, I had only to install the 2006 mod by Tony and GPItalia by ZaZ tools and I was done. This time, though, it's all a different matter to have a barely playable 2010 season, and I'm doing all the changes on my own, learning from the scratch.

That said, I'm modifying the 2009 empty mod by Tony to adapt it to 2010 season, and I'm currently installing the new cars you made available on this thread. Something odd's happening, though: I refer to the fact that, while the 2010 cars all look fine ingame, from all the external views (in fact, I copied and renamed the LODs, in the respective folders, to avoid any problem), from the cockpit view all the cars but Ferrari F10 seem white. So, I can correctly see visor, legs, wheel, etc., but the borders of the cockpit and the nose of all the cars (but Ferrari F10) are white (as said, only from cockpit view).

Can you help me to understand why this happens? Perhaps a normal thing until I'll install the 2010 cockpits or did I make some other mistake?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 10:12AM by jojoman.
Hi Jojoman.

I had the same problem. That's because you probably only have one lod for the cars (ex: car_ferrari_car1_lod_0.gp4). Some cars you download don't come with all the lods for all resolutions, so what I do when it happens is to copy and rename the file, from 0 to 4 and for both cars. Maybe you shoulg give it a try.
Regards
Hi, Guys

I need help: everything in my mod is working fine, except for helmets and steering wheels positions. I can't figure out how to put them in the right position using gp4tweaker...Can anybody help me????
Use TeamEditor, it's easier :)
this is a stupid question,but I want to have the answer.

How do I use 2010 TV graphics in a CSM mod?
Team Editor doesn't work with CSM...Any help??
ooleeeo Schreef:
> this is a stupid question,but I want to have the
> answer.
>
> How do I use 2010 TV graphics in a CSM mod?

Depending on what CSM mod you use of course. But the files need to come when csm is loaded in gpxpdata\gfx !!! Then when gpxpatch is loaded you go to the TAB: GPxSat and put the mode on digital 2004 and also the font on digital 2004 !!!!

The folder you have to put them into your mod will probabely be: carsets\name of your mod\data\GpxPatch\gfx
jucksman Schreef:
> Team Editor doesn't work with CSM...Any help??

You are wrong Teameditor can work perfectly with CSM and gp4tweaker at the same time but you have to do a few things to make that happen :-)

Going to give an example but its the same for other things also. For example ARM COLORS. You want to set arm colors in teameditor. Well you open teameditor, you set the arm colors and you SAVE the settings for example armcolors.car (.car) will be the extension given by teameditor !!!

Now to get it working in a CSM mod at the same time other settings are ruled by Tweaker you must DISABLE the arm color settings in Tweaker. Therefore you go to the folder tweaker in your mod and open the gp4tweak.ini file and search for this line:

ArmsColors = 1 ; set to 1 to enable arms color tweak

If its set to 1 then tweaker will rule in the csm mod, if its set on 0 then you'll get default unless you have a .car file then this rule in the csm mod but then only for the options that are disabled in tweaker.

You have to put that .car file in the PATCH folder of your mod thats all !
Oh, I understand...however, whenever I try to use team editor, after using it I get a message in CSM saying that I need a "clean" gp4.exe. How to proceed then?

Thanks!
you don't need patch files with teameditor, you have to save them and put them in the folder of the mod !!!!
Sorry, I didn't get it...can you explain a little further?
you don't patch your changes you made in teameditor you save them as .car file and put that file in the PATCH folder of your mod

Due this procedure you don't change a thing at the EXE and you won't get that message anymore !
A link to or even mention of where to find tracks in the first post would be handy ;)
Rams Schreef:
> A link to or even mention of where to find tracks
> in the first post would be handy ;)

that will be hard cause there are no tracks released for the 2010 season :-)
Bigbrother Wrote:
> Rams Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A link to or even mention of where to find
> tracks
> > in the first post would be handy ;)
>
>
> that will be hard cause there are no tracks
> released for the 2010 season :-)

2009 tracks would be good then :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy