How to build a track in 60 minutes [v0.51]

Posted by <Maverick> 
Re: How to build a track in 60 minutes [v0.42]
Date: July 14, 2005 11:12PM
Posted by: Lo2k
I assume you can't make cars steering more than they physically can...

Date: July 14, 2005 11:13PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Well, it was on oval, but then I decided to make it a little more intesesting. There's a tight hairpin at the end of the 210+Mph striaght, and a few more conrers. Should encourage overtaking :D

Date: July 15, 2005 10:11AM
OK, new problem, how do you get the kerbs box up. I tell it to put the kerbs in, but the box doesn't for.

Re: How to build a track in 60 minutes [v0.50]
Date: July 15, 2005 01:15PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
you mean the popup box doesn't show up? hm , it surely should.

update as told before, i made the tutorial compatible with the latest 3deditor version, and corrected some other stuff, including a mistake/misunderstanding of my own, wich takes about 15 minutes of the time to make a track, so thats good news. (you will still need 60 minutes i guess, probably more, as my circuit 01 (yes thats how it's called ;-) ) took me about two hours.

get the update here >>>>> [maverick.dynasoft.nl] <<<<<<<

oh, and nice news, the tutorial allready has been downloaded more than 1000 times! so a lot of people are getting known with trackediting :)

Date: July 15, 2005 06:09PM
When I select the track sector, the 'Track Sector xxx' box comes up. I selest Right Kerb under the flags box, but nothing then happens. The tick just appears in the box. Nothing happens either if I go into the next level and manually add the kerb flag.

I have v14.7.

@Lo2K Also, there is no option to copy+paste sections of track. IMO, this would be quite a useful feature. Would it be possible to add this to a later release?

Thanks

Date: July 15, 2005 06:14PM
euhm, go alesi, i dont want to be a total ass, but have you even read the tutorial? Cause what you're doing is not the way to add kerbs, and it's very simply described in it.
just press add > kerbs, and folow the instructions

i may have cleared it a bit up, so it's for v0.51 but now you know, my apologies :)
done, get the new version just update from the same link as all the others :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2005 06:20PM by <Maverick>.
Re: How to build a track in 60 minutes [v0.51]
Date: July 15, 2005 06:23PM
DOH! Sorry, it wasn't clear when i read it in the tutorial, but now it is. Sorry for being stupid!!!

Date: July 15, 2005 06:27PM
np, you pointed out a flaw in my tutorial, and thats great :)

Date: July 15, 2005 07:36PM
OK!

Another problem. My CC line is causing a crash, and you say to create a bin file and put it in the wad. Does the bin file need to be renamed to the original track bin file name, or can it stay as the name I've give the track ie indianapolis2001_track.bin or ovaltrack_track.bin ?

Thanks

Date: July 15, 2005 07:46PM
Posted by: Tom2681
>>Does the bin file need to be renamed to the original track bin file name ?

Yes, I think so.
If you're working in Monza2001 you need to name it Monza2001_track.bin

Any other name will probably not be recognized by GP4.
Date: July 15, 2005 07:47PM
yup, tom is right.

Date: July 15, 2005 08:26PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Is there any chance of a "how to edit a default GP$ track in 20 minutes" edition of this tutorial, as I don't think I could handle doing a full track yet really, since I have like no experience really with z-modler or any type of modler for that matter or anything (I don't even have it installed or downloaded yet actually :D).

Also, its alternitve title could bo 'or "why the cc line in the default gp4 tracks goes all spasticated towards the end" '

H E L L O
Date: July 15, 2005 08:50PM
hm, i could do that maybe, but in my honest opinion, the zmodeler part is very limited, you only need two buttons, and those are specified in the tutorial, there is absolutely 0% chance to screw that part up. when you've managed to create a full track (maybe 2) you will be experienced enough to edit a existing track.

But i am considering both you ideas :)

Date: July 15, 2005 09:00PM
Posted by: Paco
editing a gp4 track shouldn't be more difficult than creating a new one (maybe it's easier), i'm currently doing it, so i think anyone can :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: July 15, 2005 09:40PM
Maybe this should go in the other thread, but as this seems to be the n00b's track editing thread, I'll put it in here! ;)

My cc-line keeps crashing the game :-o . I've got it exactly down to which one does it. It's at a hairpin. The cc-line is fine round the first, banked oval -type corner, but when it goes around the hairpin, it crashes. I can start to turn it in, bu the 2nd section that turns in crashes it. I've (obviously!) read the tutorials and I've set the cc line tweak to exactly where the cc-line is ending in game, but even then, when I add on another sector (and I'm only adding a sector lenght of 1) it just crashes it. I'm out of ideas, so what can I do?!

Thanks for any help

Date: July 15, 2005 09:44PM
hm, sounds strange, i'll pm you my email, you can send it and i'll have a look.

Date: July 15, 2005 09:54PM
Thanks. You have mail :)

Date: July 15, 2005 11:58PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Go Alesi: few tracks have several times the exact same sections, so copy/paste several sectors is pretty useless. And multiple sector creation is here to be able to quiclky build straight lines or any curves (even twice)...

Date: July 16, 2005 12:58AM
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Go Alesi: few tracks have several times the exact
> same sections, so copy/paste several sectors is
> pretty useless. And multiple sector creation is
> here to be able to quiclky build straight lines or
> any curves (even twice)...

I think he means it for copying ea rouge into his track, or the sepang straights (just examples).

Date: July 16, 2005 09:59AM
That's the kind of thing I was thinking. If you want to make a fantasy track (which many new trackmakers do), you could copy bits like Eau Rouge instead of having to get all the heights and cc-line stuff right for that bit. Especially if you were to try and make that fantasy track with all the best corners in :) - although that is a one off I know. It would also be helpful for copying chicanes for example (eg I'd like to copy the kerbs you made for Imola to the final chicane at Canada). But I admit, it is mainly for fantasy tracks, but I didn't know how much effort it would be to put it in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy