Tracks, the graphical part from scratch

Posted by majasses 
Tracks, the graphical part from scratch
Date: May 06, 2011 06:14PM
Posted by: majasses
I've played with the latest release of Builder a couple of times now and created some (I think) nice lay-outs. However, a track is nothing without grandstands etc. etc. So how do I make these appear in Builder?? And what do I have to do then? I'm a bit experienced in zmodeler, so that is not new for me ;)

Btw, some screens of some lay-outs one more finished then the other. Each tracks has elevation changes and banking here and there. I think it should provide some nice racing :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2011 06:22PM by majasses.
Re: Tracks, the graphical part from scratch
Date: May 06, 2011 07:38PM
Posted by: jimbob1
use the export as 3ds feature in gp4builder.... import this into zmodeler then begin you building
Date: May 06, 2011 10:28PM
Posted by: Lo2k
In fact, you can't export .dat layout to .3ds directly.
But you can open an original .gp4 file and one of your .dat (both have to be in the same folder and .dat must have the name of the .dat corresponding to the .gp4 track).
Then create a new scene and click Add\Track from .dat and keep default values.
The whole .dat layout will be converted into 3d mesh that you can now export to .3ds for some ZM tweaks or anything you like.

Date: May 07, 2011 10:20AM
Done like you said, but I can't click the Add/Track from .dat option.. As base used Magny-Cours 2008, unpacked the wad, opened magnycours2001 with Builder and renamed my dat S1CT10. That's the idea right?
Date: May 07, 2011 02:18PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, that's the idea.
Then double click Scenes in the left panel
click add\new scene
then add again and track from .dat

Date: May 09, 2011 05:11PM
Not possible, I get an object Dummy and can't add a dat...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy