FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

Posted by mika19b 
Re: FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP
Date: September 13, 2009 06:25PM
Posted by: chet
I applauded Flavio for not saying anything but why get personal at this stage? he's not helping his cause, and after keeping quiet after sacking him, despite Nelson doing the opposite, Flavio should have said much of what's in this article!!

[www.autosport.com]

[www.autosport.com]

edit - Just to point out the obvious, aside from clearly losing his cool, depsite saying he hasnt done anything wrong, the piquets now have another case against flavio if they please!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2009 06:29PM by chet.
Date: September 13, 2009 06:43PM
Posted by: mika19b
I didn't realise Bruninho was 50? ;)
Date: September 13, 2009 07:53PM
Posted by: EC83
mika19b Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't realise Bruninho was 50? ;)

ROFLMFAO!!

Date: September 13, 2009 08:28PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Lol at Mika, good catch!

Date: September 13, 2009 08:48PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
chet schreef:
> I applauded Flavio for not saying anything but why
> get personal at this stage? he's not helping his
> cause, and after keeping quiet after sacking him,
> despite Nelson doing the opposite, Flavio should
> have said much of what's in this article!!
>
> [www.autosport.com]
>
> [www.autosport.com]
>
> edit - Just to point out the obvious, aside from
> clearly losing his cool, depsite saying he hasnt
> done anything wrong, the piquets now have another
> case against flavio if they please!

And I thought Sutil would have been gay ;)

Date: September 13, 2009 11:14PM
Posted by: Monza972
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> And I thought Sutil would have been gay ;)

He got himself out of that when a woman came up to him during an interview with the BBC where he was asked if her knew her. He replied "Not yet" ;)
Date: September 14, 2009 02:52AM
Posted by: AcE_cOdEr
phantaman Wrote:
> Nickv Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > I see a bitter Piquet fan.
>
> your mistake... i'm a fan of what is considered by
> many people one of the great drivers.
>
> AYRTON SENNA DA SILVA
>
> looks like i'm defending nelson piquet jr.? he
> made a mistake, but not alone... there are more
> people with him in it ;-)

NPJ didn't make a mistake. A mistake is what Hamilton did today at Monza. But deliberately crashing your car, that's not a mistake.

Seriously, assuming this crashgate thing is true, had he refused to go on with the plan and instead exposed the fix to the world, the worst he could have got was to be fired from Renault. But then again 2008 was the rookie season for NPJ so he would still have got some chances to find another team since poor performances on rookie years are not that unusual.

Anyway I don't belive this story. At least I don't believe Alonso knew about it, not because i root for him (which I do), but because I wouldn't either if it was Kimi, Lewis or MSC. It's not like he needed the win to get the attention of the best teams, he's a two-time champion. Everybody knows he's good, I don't know if the best, but pretty good anyway.
Date: September 14, 2009 03:08AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
While the entire situation seems shady to say the least if this is prooved to be true i will be very suprised. Piquet can say what he wants and claim its true, but with no actual fact i don't see this coming down at the feet of Piquet.

Renault had a strong car by this point in the season, and didnt need to throw away the reputations of key staff and a major car manufacturer just to get a victory.

And even if it is true noone but the 3 key players will know about about it. Why would they tell anyone, especially Alonso who while i am not the biggest fan for him is an honest and well standing race driver.

Date: September 14, 2009 05:03PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
[www.motorsport.com]

LOOK!

There is something going to the fan's direction.
Date: September 14, 2009 05:51PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Well if that report is true it's just Nelson Piquet saying Alonso must have known because of his fuel, not saying he knew for a fact. Just rumor garbage!
Date: September 14, 2009 05:58PM
I thought Alonso was 5th or something, and thats why he had low fuel not 15th.

15th with 14laps of fuel is not normal, but I do not believe Alonso knew. Jnr even said Alonso was not involved.

Date: September 14, 2009 06:13PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Where's Bruno when you need him :p
Date: September 14, 2009 06:29PM
loque Wrote:
> Where's Bruno when you need him :p

Exactly. Piquet self-destructing spectacularly in public, and Rubens winning race after race!
If Bruno was here he'd be digging himself holes the size of the Grand Canyon.

Date: September 14, 2009 06:58PM
Posted by: kubica2
what can the piquets possibly gain out of this? if its true, then they should have dobbed on Renault before the start of the race and refused to start the race, then his reputation might have been saved, and his bad performances might have been explained. now it is just accusations without proof, and maybe it is blackmail? either way, everyone seems to agree no one will ever hire piquet in f1 again, even with his immunity from the FIA, as he is admitting guilt to cheating. He should have focused more on driving his best. and even now he should be driving his best in other series to get back in f1. EPIC FAIL = PIQUET FAMILY. i always thought Piquet snr was the least deserving multiple world champion.
Date: September 14, 2009 08:21PM
kubica2 Wrote:
> EPIC FAIL = PIQUET FAMILY.

Well said.
The article above proves not that Alonso knew, but that Piquet Snr is doing his usual trick of spouting crap about people and generally being an obnoxious little @#$%&. He'd call Alonso an axe murderer if he thought he could get away with it.

I've never been much of a fan of Briatore, but I thought what he said about Piquet was spot on in the case of Snr and amusing in the case of Jr. And I hope he says plenty more about both of them, because they deserve to have their reputations smeared for good, and Piquet Snr is the kind of person that allegations stick to, whether they're proven or not.

It's certainly interesting to watch this war of poisonous words play out.

Basically, the sad thing about this case is that nothing good can come out of this at all, unless Piquet - both of them - are ruined.

Fail all round.

Date: September 14, 2009 08:23PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I see Piquet racing touring cars in Europe but not F1, maybe in 2-3 years with some smaller team but not for long.
Date: September 14, 2009 09:04PM
Snr seems to have been the one to have said the most. For his sons sake he should STFU.

Flavio didnt kill Jnr's career, but Snr certainly is having a good go at it!!

Date: September 14, 2009 09:30PM
Just remembered, one of the first teams that Piquet Snr drove for in F1 was actually called "BS Fabrications". How appropriate!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 09:35PM by EC83.
Date: September 14, 2009 10:41PM
Posted by: Team CLR
LMAO!!!

Unfortunately I haven't been able to track down this article, but earlier, I read an article about an interview with Martin Brundle, where he reckons pretty much what most of us have been saying, no matter what the outcome of this, Piquet junior's F1 career is pretty much done for and no F1 team will really want to hire him now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 12:01AM by Team CLR.
Date: September 15, 2009 02:18AM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
I hate flavio before, but now im on his side! Go flavio! go!! kick your former spoiled driver's ass!, and i don't trully believe that alonso was involve in this crash-gate saga!. I mean look how he wins Singapore'08 full of joy, and just like winning a driver's championship!. and if he knew it, im 100% he wouldn't act naturally winning something like somebody else. and not happy and excited as that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 02:21AM by micky-cannonball.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy