FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

Posted by mika19b 
Re: FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP
Date: September 16, 2009 10:57AM
Posted by: marcl
From what one of my mates said he always backed off on that corner on every single lap of the weekend, the lap he crashed on he never backed off. I dont know if this is true.
Date: September 16, 2009 11:13AM
Posted by: BeamingSauber07
Interesting bit in the Times earlier in the week that said the 'leaks' were encouraged by the Mosley camp in an attempt to distract attention from Ari Vatinen's campaign for the FIA presidency to get Todt in
breaking news

Renault accept guilt. Flav leaves the team! on BBC ticker right now!

edit

[www.autosport.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 01:22PM by marwood82.
Date: September 16, 2009 01:35PM
Posted by: senninho
Pat and Flav have 'parted company' with Renault, says Renault. No word on whether they jumped or were pushed.

Interestingly, Renault have also said that they will not dispute the allegations :s

Date: September 16, 2009 01:36PM
Posted by: Sauber89
Renault are going to get destroyed imo reading Moseley's comments about how it was more serious than Mclaren 2/3 season ban or £80 million fine. What a dark day for F1

Date: September 16, 2009 01:39PM
Posted by: marwood82
Sauber89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Renault are going to get destroyed imo reading
> Moseley's comments about how it was more serious
> than Mclaren 2/3 season ban or £80 million fine.
> What a dark day for F1

to be fair they've done pretty much the only thing they can. Mosley did say that part of the reason for mclarens punnishment was that the continually denied the claims against them.

if their own internal investigation showed the fixing claims to be true then Renaults only chance of comming out of this was going to be to confess.
Date: September 16, 2009 01:53PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
I guess we might just have space on the grid for one more team now. Annoying how in the space of 2 years a championship winning team have been reduced to this.

Even though Piquet was telling the truth, he's a f***** idiot and i hope he never returns to F1.

Date: September 16, 2009 01:57PM
Posted by: Morbid
I have read the FIA interview with Symonds. They did it, and they are @#$%&.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 16, 2009 02:04PM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
It´s a right decision and a desperate attempt to calm down the FIA. Briatore has always been known for playing dirty and this time it broke his neck (at least for a short while, cause I think he will be back one day, no matter what... UNFORTUNATELY !!! )

Actually I think this will end up in a much milder punishment for Renault than it would have if Briatore stayed there. The only one I want to see jump the shark now is Alonso. He had the main advangtage out of it and noone can tell me he didn´t know a thing as he claimed.

PS: and I agree, Piquet jr. has buried his carreer for good hopefully with this as well. He wasn´t F1 material and will never be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 02:06PM by dangermouseaix.
Date: September 16, 2009 02:07PM
Posted by: phantaman
briatore and symonds leaves renault (announced now)... and despite the insistence all of you, piquet jr. is not the only guilty (he made a mistake)... therefore, just need one more (fernando alonso) now and i say this to all you... hahahaha ;)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 02:15PM by phantaman.
Date: September 16, 2009 02:09PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Briatore is useless anyway, glad he is gone.

Date: September 16, 2009 02:12PM
the one thing renault might have going for them is that the FIA's own investigation concluded that the only people that may have known about any race fixing plan was Pat Nelson and Flavio.

so i guess they're hoping that by getting rid of the perpetrators the WMSC will look kindly on them.

what remains is what punnishement awaits them?

a fine is a certanty, the question is how much?
i'm guessing they'll probably be excluded from this years constructors championship (and possibly last years) too.

part of me can see them being banned from a couple of the remaining races but i don't know if the WMSC will go that far. i guess the FIA will want them punished but they won't want renault to walk away.
Date: September 16, 2009 02:12PM
briatore is a bandit! :)

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
With this news, I'd be extremely surprised if Renault is in F1 next year, whether they get punished or not. Kinda shocked to hear the news, but also kinda expecting it at the same time. At least they didn't do a McLaren and deny it all along.

One factory and team of staff, now up for sale. Pending return of Felipe Massa, one world championship winning driver in the form on Alonso too. Possible Kubica vacany as well. Epsilon Euskadi buy-out, anyone?

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: September 16, 2009 02:27PM
Posted by: chet
Piquet a sore loser, but im glad the truth has come out.

Though he played a big role in it, im glad he has exposed the truth. As for him, the first thing he did was realized and accepted it was wrong to do what he did.

I wont mind seeing the back of Flavio at all.

As for Pat, well despite all this he has been one of the key players behind success of Benno and Renault. He should get picked up pretty quick. Here's hoping him and Brawn come together again!!

Renault however is difficult. There are rumours of Prost taking over Flav but is that a good thing?? He pretty much blew it with his own team, one would hope he has learnt a thing or two, but id rather not see him take up that posistion and let his driving records do the talking, not his team ownership/manager roles!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 16, 2009 02:35PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Alonso need to be punished, surely he knew everything about this and he was one of the main ones to blame also at that McLaren saga so there is no way they can let him walk away from this one without some kind of punishment.
Date: September 16, 2009 02:39PM
chet Wrote:

> Renault however is difficult. There are rumours of
> Prost taking over Flav but is that a good thing??
> He pretty much blew it with his own team, one
> would hope he has learnt a thing or two, but id
> rather not see him take up that posistion and let
> his driving records do the talking, not his team
> ownership/manager roles!

i did see a list somewhere of possible replacements, i think it included Prost, Richards and Pollock?!?(i think that last 1 a least tells us not to take the list seriously).

personally i think prost running the team would be the perfect comedic relief to help us all put this behind us.

we could have a book running on how long would it take him to run a team into the ground this time?
Date: September 16, 2009 02:39PM
Posted by: gav
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> Briatore is useless anyway, glad he is gone.

The bloke won 4 titles in a decade across 2 different teams (to an extent) and with 2 completely different sets of team personel. OK, question one of those championships ('94) if you will, and he's still far removed from useless. Dishonest, manipulative and, put bluntly, a cheat, yes, but not useless.

I'm shocked. I honestly thought that Piquet was lying and was merely dragging Renault through the mud in every way he could, regardless of truth.

Oh well, I'm still not changing my image of him. There's plenty of dishonesty in the sport, and it's seldom any of it surfaces through one of the guilty parties. He's admitted he was a passive cheat - go his credibility.

I doubt this ends the case against Briatore and Symonds - if they were guilty, as seems certain, then I doubt they'll be allowed to work with F1 teams for a few years, and rightly so.

I doubt that Alonso was a part of the plan - he had little reason to be part of it, and his actions earlier in the race seemed in direct contrast to a man who knew he was going to have the race handed to him.

Renault's sentence will be more lenient now. I know it's a team thing, but it's not like they've got a reputation (all I can think of is the loose wheel), and certainly nothing like this, and it was done without knowledge of the vast majority of the team - we only know of Briatore, Symonds and Piquet - I don't see who it would benefit to hand them much of a further penalty. They've already lost their team boss and head technical and strategic guru. Certainly it would do the sport no good. Perhaps a massive suspended sentence would be best, or losing their championship position from last year or something. I can't see a financial penalty doing anything other than hastening their withdrawal.

Then again, perhaps an example needs to be made, in the same way one was made of McLaren (though not Renault or Toyota) on the espionage cases.
Date: September 16, 2009 02:42PM
vesuvius Wrote:
> Alonso need to be punished, surely he knew
> everything about this and he was one of the main
> ones to blame also at that McLaren saga so there
> is no way they can let him walk away from this one
> without some kind of punishment.

except that the report from the FIA stewards concluded that it was unlikely that Alonso knew anything about it.
Date: September 16, 2009 02:48PM
and refueling strategy? does not count as evidence? alonso certainly knew something and should not leave this without some kind of punishment :p

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy