FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP

Posted by mika19b 
Re: FIA to launch probe on '08 Singapore GP
Date: September 10, 2009 07:08PM
Posted by: Nickv
Also the telemetry shows that Piquet kept the throttle down on the place where other drivers were braking.
Date: September 10, 2009 07:15PM
Posted by: phantaman
blame piquet jr. is easy... difficult is understand that most teams have always been this attitude... someone with a minimum of intelligence can not accept that fernando alonso knews nothing (this can not be serious)... who disclosed this believe that all are "full idiots" ;)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: September 10, 2009 07:16PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think it's the same as the McLaren spy thing. Lewis and Fernando knew, it leaked... every driver should be punished the same way. For all we know it could have changed the outcome of 2008 season.
Date: September 10, 2009 07:36PM
fernando alonso knew nothing about? :p

why then went to the grid with fuel for a few laps? the answer is because he was waiting for things happen... ;)

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Date: September 10, 2009 07:47PM
Posted by: Slash
he's been doing that for a while now, going ridiculously low on fuel
that argument is a no no

if daddy doesn´t purchase a F1 team, Piquet will never step foot on an F1 machine..... sad kid, he
Date: September 10, 2009 07:52PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he's been doing that for a while now, going
> ridiculously low on fuel
> that argument is a no no

But doing it when you are in Q3 going for pole, with a locked-in fuel load, is a lot different to when you qualify 15th and can select any fuel load.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 10, 2009 07:55PM
Posted by: Slash
he just did it at Spa!, and other races, Spain if i'm not wrong
Date: September 10, 2009 08:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
He didn't have a light fuel load at Spa, he was the 8th heaviest.

He may have run with a short first stint a few times, but afaik, nothing as short as Singapore, when outside the Top 10.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 10, 2009 08:27PM
Posted by: chet
Low-fuel was woth the risk at Singopore, it wasnt the best track for overtaking if I recall, besids from the most awesome Nico move ;)!

I dont reckon Alonso knew, if he did, its something I dont reckon he'd agree with. Everyone wants to win, but not this way.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 10, 2009 08:33PM
as much as I like Alonso I disagree, Chetty. I sure hope he never gets to Schumacher levels though. Remember him brake-testing Coulthard in 2003(?)?
Date: September 10, 2009 09:39PM
Posted by: gav
Did he brake-test DC or did DC just brake too late? I was undecided at the time, and nothing he's done since has swayed my opinion.

Controversy and question marks followed Schumacher around continually, but with Alonso, while he's not exactly Mr. Nice Guy, the controversy has been kept to an absolute minimum, and he's just gone to show that his talking is generally done on the track, and damn well he does that talking too.
Date: September 10, 2009 10:25PM
Alonso tapped his brakes a bit early and then went forward and fully braked. I agree Alonso isn't involved much in those things except for the little battle with Lewis, but they knew about the spy thing and none of us knows if he knew something or wasn't involved at all. Could have very well been him being told to go with little fuel to try and make up spots on the start and him agreeing with it. His strong stance in supporting Briatore hints the latter (not-guilty, don't know/don't ask policy about the race), to me.
Date: September 10, 2009 10:28PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i didnt get to see all of this gp, i beleive massa was leading at the time. i know he did a sensational pole lap. would people say he had this race pretty much in his pocket before the pit cock up> if so, how different the wc would have been.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 10, 2009 10:32PM
Posted by: Fincent
Did Alonso only start doing his fuelling short for the first stint since Singapore last year, or has he been doing it since before then? If its only recent then I feel he may have been fuelling light in Hungary etc simply to make it look more believable that Singapore wasn't a fix.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: September 10, 2009 10:40PM
He did the same at Spain that year I think! But thats Spain.

Date: September 11, 2009 12:36AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Its coming down to two things for me, one is what did Alonso have to gain by winning the race anyway? Not a championship contender, nothing to prove etc.

The is unless Alonso knew of the plan, why would he let the team give him only 12 laps of fuel?

The only other thing is he may not have had a choice, if the Renault team gave him 12 laps of fuel then what could he have done about it anyway?

Really I obviously want to believe that Alonso had nothing to do with it, however I do have a nagging doubt. Although saying that I hardly expect Alonso went in and said to Jr that he had to crash so he could win the race.

Date: September 11, 2009 01:05AM
Posted by: EC83
How much Alonso had to do with it is unclear, but he would have at least known what the plan was before the race started. I imagine that after his problem in quali, the team would've told him what they planned and what they wanted him to do accordingly, strategy-wise. As has been said already, such an aggressive fuel strategy makes no sense for someone starting so low down - unless they virtually know an SC period will happen immediately after the first stop, in which case it becomes a brilliant strategy. And with Alonso, they knew they had a driver who would drive well enough and consistently enough to make the most of any brilliant strategy.
My feeling is that the team devised the plan, possibly with Alonso's input, and Alonso then willingly did his bit to execute it.

Date: September 11, 2009 01:36AM
[www.timesonline.co.uk]

So Bernie knew....

Someone's certainly going to lose out big time here!

To me the more I read about it the more I believe it and just think it was a ploy to keep Renault interested.

edit - So, way before Piquet was sacked. I suppose he couldnt mention it to anyone whilst still driving, so when sacked he could finally come clean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 01:38AM by chet.
Date: September 11, 2009 01:44AM
why then went to the grid with fuel for a few laps? don't see where can be found a logical explanation.

so we concluded that he (fernando) knew and took part in this sordid episode ;)

Date: September 11, 2009 02:45AM
Posted by: EC83
Oh man. Talk about @#$%& hitting the fan.
The immediate future for Flav is going to be... interesting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy